Is It Okay To Ask For References & Bbb Exlanations?

estrella

I have really done alot of research and so far I have gotten the BBB reports on every dealer in town, some of which have resolved all of their complaints and some have administrativly closed all of their complaints and of course, some with a bit of both; if it is closed rather than resolved I assume that it was never resolved. I really wanted to ask about this as I was looking but I didn't really get the vibe that they wanted to answer any of my questions.

These are the main questions I am asking:

Do you have an in house service department?

What is the hourly rate for labor for warranty repair, if any?

Do you allow wet testing?

I did ask one dealer if I could speak to some people who had had warranty issues to see how they felt about how their issues were handled. He seemed a bit put off and then asked someone in the showroom who was buying supplies. They seemed very happy.

I have also found average pricing on epinions reviews and on another forum reviews, when I mentioned this to the D1 dealer, who was quoting 1K over the average pricing I found, he made it clear that he was not negotiable at all. I live in Boise ID which is a relativley small metro area, about 350,000 people. Having lived in larger cities like LA and Dallas I see that my options of dealers and brands is significantly limited.

I have heard some incredible nightmares, not exclusive to off brands or inexpensive units. I am in a quandry and would like more information but certainly do not want to alienate myself to the point that they won't want to help me when I need it. I would love some help from dealers out there.

I have really done alot of research and so far I have gotten the BBB reports on every dealer in town, some of which have resolved all of their complaints and some have administrativly closed all of their complaints and of course, some with a bit of both; if it is closed rather than resolved I assume that it was never resolved. I really wanted to ask about this as I was looking but I didn't really get the vibe that they wanted to answer any of my questions.

I did ask one dealer if I could speak to some people who had had warranty issues to see how they felt about how their issues were handled. He seemed a bit put off and then asked someone in the showroom who was buying supplies. They seemed very happy.

I have also found average pricing on epinions reviews and on another forum reviews, when I mentioned this to the D1 dealer, who was quoting 1K over the average pricing I found, he made it clear that he was not negotiable at all. I live in Boise ID which is a relativley small metro area, about 350,000 people. Having lived in larger cities like LA and Dallas I see that my options of dealers and brands is significantly limited.

I have heard some incredible nightmares, not exclusive to off brands or inexpensive units. I am in a quandry and would like more information but certainly do not want to alienate myself to the point that they won't want to help me when I need it. I would love some help from dealers out there.

I know someone that sells Hot Springs Spas in Boise. His name is John Broderick and he is honest as the day is long. I know that if you go in to see him he will be informative and give you the best price possible. He started out in the service end so he really knows his stuff. Please let him know that Elise from California sent you.

How long has that dealer been in business (1000 over average)? If he has been around a long time there is a reason he sells them for more money. How far is the tub manufacturer he is getting them from? Does he have alot of spa's on display or is it just a small spa place? All these things should be considered because if he has been around and selling the same manufacturer for over 20 years than you can have a piece of mind I suppose

• 2 weeks later...

The D-1 dealer in Boise has been selling them for maybe a month. They are or were the Marquis dealer and the Artesian dealer. The Beachcomber dealer has been a spa dealer for 2-3 years. The oldest continuous dealer is the Hot Spring dealer who has been the dealer in Boise since 1989.