Top Five Reasons Not To Get The Costco Hot Tub

Here are the top five reasons not to get the Costco hot tub based on the recent posts here.

1) You might have to return it like Silver1 and Saskman did because it won't turn on.

2) You can't do a wet test of the tub.

3) They are low quality according to Trigger, Spamaster101, and Roger, who say they have had a lot of experience with low quality tubs.

4) They are poorly insulated and use a lot of electricity according to Jmendoza17, flibotte, and Silver1 (who says that "the dealers are taking many of them back to Costco after 200$ per month energy charges.")

5) They leak according to 104 Degrees.

Here are the top five reasons not to get the Costco hot tub based on the recent posts here.

1) You might have to return it like Silver1 and Saskman did because it won't turn on.

2) You can't do a wet test of the tub.

3) They are low quality according to Trigger, Spamaster101, and Roger, who say they have had a lot of experience with low quality tubs.

4) They are poorly insulated and use a lot of electricity according to Jmendoza17, flibotte, and Silver1 (who says that "the dealers are taking many of them back to Costco after 200$ per month energy charges.")

5) They leak according to 104 Degrees.

Please don't reference me without providing actual quotes. Please don't not make broad generalizations either.

Thank you.

Funny but we just had a customer leave the store who is so unhappy with her Costco purchase, no reason to get into the details because in the end what it boils down to is this, It may not be a such a bad choice as long as you don't have a problem but if you do thats when you get hit with your purchase choice. Very little support and of course it will vary depending on who you speak with. Also people need to remember there is no magic formula for saving money on a product YES volume helps but at some point quality comes into to play and to hit a price, no matter who you are you will need to make sacrifices, If you want to have stereos and water falls and lights , than insulation, cabinet construction something will give somewhere, it just the basic law in any manufactured product.

Please don't reference me without providing actual quotes. Please don't not make broad generalizations either.

Thank you.

Been away from the board for a couple weeks and come back and behold...a costco post at the top of the pile....and Trigger is second to respond.

Why cant someone reference you...those actual quotes are all over this board...all one needs to do is search. As far as broad generalization...this forum is full of that, so why stop now?

Seems to me the orig. poster referenced everyone correctly...except 104. Hell half the time I can barely understand 104...since he is normally asking about full foam.

Thank you.

Been away from the board for a couple weeks and come back and behold...a costco post at the top of the pile....and Trigger is second to respond.

Why cant someone reference you...those actual quotes are all over this board...all one needs to do is search. As far as broad generalization...this forum is full of that, so why stop now?

Seems to me the orig. poster referenced everyone correctly...except 104. Hell half the time I can barely understand 104...since he is normally asking about full foam.

I think you'll find the majority of my posts about Costco are the lack of dealer support and rebuttals to post by a few Costco owners who have proven themselves to be pretty ignorant.

Now please stop, youre proving my point.

I was just on the Costo site and they show the Pilates H20 spa now on sale for $4,999 then regular price $5699 but it used to be $6999 like the other spa. So if they only have a 15% markup then I guess its below cost?? I dont think so.

I was just on the Costo site and they show the Pilates H20 spa now on sale for $4,999 then regular price $5699 but it used to be $6999 like the other spa. So if they only have a 15% markup then I guess its below cost?? I dont think so.

yes the factory is getting ready for a new model so your incorrect. Costco possibly agreed to purchase all the remaining units at a discounted price so the sale as you say happens. Watch for that spa after the sale, It won't be available but a new model might,

Does a honest way of bussiness upset you so much and why?

Costco possibly agreed to purchase all the remaining units at a discounted price so the sale as you say happens.

"Possibly"??? :lol: PROBABLY not! I can tell you this, doing business with costco, or any other big box store requires a manufacturer to cut profits to the absolute bone (and then some). NO WAY does the manufacturer have the room to cut their wholesale price by almost 30%

The Pilates is made exclusivesly for costco by gulf coast. So there is no agreement to purchase the remaining when no one but Costco is buying them. How do you have such inside info as to what gulfcoast(Pilates) in terms of new models and special pricing. As asked many many times b4 what do you do for a living??? For you seem to know much about Costco and their dealings with spas.