Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun, what spa do you have that will compete with the Infinity Sun peak spa dollar for dollar in the Hotsprings line? I am trying to keep a open mind but I do have my reservations.

I don't thing HS has a spa that cost 3-4 grand and last for 5-6 years. I think you will have to pay 4-5 grand and take one that lasts for 10-15 years.

I have noticed over the last 8 months or so (starting with paintnsunni) that the undercover Hydrospa operatives on this forum really are a spiteful and insecure bunch. I've lost track of how many of them are on here, but they all seem to follow the same pattern of insults and degradation in the efforts of promoting their less than quality product. I daresay that it is a direct reflection on the quality of the company itself to allow these attack dogs to roam freely, preying upon unsuspecting shoppers and innocent women. Perhaps they would be best served under the tuteledge of Ron Mexico and dealt with by his hand should they perform poorly.

Terminator

So many points to address but all of them are off topic from the original post..../sigh

I actually don't think it has anything to do with picking on a woman....heck on the internet people can and do misrepresent themselves....Terminator could be a women for all I know....or care for that matter.

Actually I don't think anyone who has a hydrospa is undercover...I think the positive and negative sides have both spoke out about their experience....how is that being undercover??? If you have lost track on how many follow the same pattern I dare say I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the same ole same pattern from select people about how "cheap" the hydrospa unit is. Its cost to much to operate...its constructed cheaply, it doesn't have the fit or finish.....it is plumbed arse backwards,...it wont last 15 yrs.....over and over again!

Why is it different when people actually speak up about their positive experience with these tubs than it is for people who are condemning them?? Yes, some do not debate with the same rules but like I said...some of the smartest people in this forum lose credibility by coming off the way they do. Truth be known I enjoy my tub...I sit in it almost nightly and have a great experience and then the next day I come on here and see people saying how cheap it is....yada yada yada...so naturally it gets old and people get upset.

I feel that you give yourself better credit by talking about the positives of your brand than throwing slurs and such at the competition. You sell me by knowing your product and believing in your product more so than saying how cheap another brand is....but thats my opinion.

Photoshop is like crayons they give out for little kids to draw on place mats at restaurants....it keeps the little kids entertained while the big folks talk.

"unsuspecting shoppers and innocent women."

lol, Terminator is here to save the day!! Please...with some of the pictures I have seen you post on other forums you don't seem to have that much respect for woman other than how hot they are in a hot tub...which isn't a bad thing...but please don't try and sound like you are all customer empowering...you are a salesman for Pete's sake and I am sure you have preyed on your share...man or woman.

Just for fun, what spa do you have that will compete with the Infinity Sun peak spa dollar for dollar in the Hotsprings line? I am trying to keep a open mind but I do have my reservations.

I don't thing HS has a spa that cost 3-4 grand and last for 5-6 years. I think you will have to pay 4-5 grand and take one that lasts for 10-15 years.

I assumed, before reading this post, that Hydro Spas have only been around for a few years, and that there's no way to tell how long they'll last. However, I did a search with the BBB, and found out that they've been around since 1992. You'd think they would have a proven record - one way or the other - by now.

Incidentally, I came across this nugget. Hydro Spa, I would assume, is not exactly a major player in the spa industry, at least not yet. But in the last year, they've received 27 complaints to the BBB.

Just for giggles, I did a search on the biggest gorilla on the block, Hot Spring. Their total number of complaints in the past year: 3.

So how does a company that's "just as good" as Hot Spring end up with nine times the number of complaints as its much bigger competitor?

lol, Terminator is here to save the day!! Please...with some of the pictures I have seen you post on other forums you don't seem to have that much respect for woman other than how hot they are in a hot tub...which isn't a bad thing...but please don't try and sound like you are all customer empowering...you are a salesman for Pete's sake and I am sure you have preyed on your share...man or woman.

Nary we go back to the beinning of this whole debate and remember, it started by praises of a brand that was claimed to be just as good or better than the major manufactures for alot less money. A whole bunch of owners of what is described as a low end brand for a very low end price by one side of the argument is described as a high end brand for a very inexpensive price by the other side of the argument. One side defended by seasoned proffesionals in the industry and repair guys, the other manned by owners of one of the brands with a year or less experience.

Now somehow it is turned around so the one side is the bad guy for bad mouthing the low end brand (instead of defending the high end brand) If anyone for one second thinks those of us who have been here for help to others for one second feel we are wrong for our opinions of a brand and manufacturer that has proven itself to be exactly what it is claimed by everyone other than a rookie owner, to be, they are wrong.

Stop coming here and preaching and defending your choice of a low end brand at a low end price as anything other than what it is. And you will find you may be able to be helpfull to a whole bunch of others that may want you inexperience as a help for there decision.

I think that sums it up well Roger.

None of us wish any spa user an unhappy experience with their spa.

The idea that these box stores spas are the exact same as the brand name spas but with a lower pricetags is inacurrate. It doesn't mean they are crap...it just means they were built without the quality and support of the bigger name brands.

A Kia will get you to work just like a Beemer will but with some differences...

Steve

The idea that these box stores spas are the exact same as the brand name spas but with a lower pricetags is inacurrate. It doesn't mean they are crap...it just means they were built without the quality and support of the bigger name brands.

From what i have seen as an "end user" looking to go "higher end" this is very true.

John 104 degrees

What makes them a lesser spa? I assume you mean Costco spas?

No, Costco doesn't make spas. I'm talking about Hydrospa. They make dog crap, always have. They've gone from selling them out of storage buildings to suckers to selling them through warehouse stores to suckers. Cheap, disposable junk, no matter how you slice it.

I also assume that is your opinion much like your spas that you sell are overpriced for what you get, that is my opinion.

My opinion based on years of experience seeing what these spas disintegrate into after 4 or 5 years and based on trying to sympathize with very upset people trying to get someone to work on their "high quality, low priced" spa.[/b]

I think the Costco sales aproach is a direct threat to the dealers in general especialy Hotsprings since Costco sells one model already and is looking at adding to the online Hotsprings line. In my opinion you are insecure about your sales future in relationship to the success of Costco sales model and the declining sales of dealerships.

Again, you tip your hand by posting information that (even if it were true) would be held in confidence by all parties involved and not be made known to someone who were just a simple customer. Since you are in the know, what other HotSpring Spa models will your employers or associates be carrying?

I have nothing against Costco as there are none around here. If they're anything like Sam's Club (my favorite store in the world), I would love to have one around as I enjoy buying tons of meat, toilet paper, and batteries in one fell swoop. I made the mistake of buying a set of name brand luggage at Sam's before I went to Australia. Three of the four pieces fell apart on me (2 broken handles, a wheel fell off, a zipper came unsewn), very similiar, it seems, to most of the annoying problems the nice folks are having with their discount spas. I took the luggage back and traded it for more meat.

Aside from that, I love Sam's. I sold the manager of Sam's a HotSpring Vista a couple of years ago. I'm sure if Costco ever puts a store here, it's manager will be a potential customer.

As far as my sales future, I have little to worry about. There will always be people who want quality products and will gladly pay a little extra for that peace of mind. We've been filling that need for 22 years and counting. My business has gone up 8 years in a row. Gotta love capitalism and the rugged individuals like the owner of our company that makes it work!

blah blah blah rhetoric repeat blah blah blah waaaaahhhhh

Someone already answered this appropriately. :lol:

I truly do wish all of the fine folks who bought these spas enjoy them and do excercise their option to return the spa once it has failed to live up to their expectation. The lesser brands of spa need weeding out from time to time (Weslo, Icon, Blue Ridge, White Springs, Warm Springs, Sunco, Sundaze, Sunseeker, and all the other similiar brands that have come and gone over the years).

In the mean time, we'll be here manufacturing and selling quality products that will last you a lifetime. It's great to know that every single spa we've sold the last 22 years is still in service to the best of our knowledge. We've never had to dispose of a HotSpring Spa. Can't say the same thing about the others.

I am as kind as I am benevolent, though I wish you limited success in your charade and chicanery...

Terminator

I think that sums it up well Roger.

None of us wish any spa user an unhappy experience with their spa.

A Kia will get you to work just like a Beemer will but with some differences...

Steve

That Kia/Beemer analogy is funny! As I was reading the last few posts, but before I got to this one, I was reminded of an auto forum I belonged to where this guy was bashing all the people buying BMW's and going on and on about how great his little Kia Sephia was and how he had saved thousands of dollars, blah, blah, blah. You could find around a hundred posts from this guy in all the different threads bragging about how smart he was.

Later, I became interested in audio and then later, in guitars. I always join the forums and it's funny because they are all just like this forum. The ones that opt for the low priced equipment seem to always justify their purchases by saying they are just as good and the ones that have been around a while and have been through the experimentation and upgrading process will try and educate them. It doesn't seem to matter. I think the bottom line is, that it's just human nature to want to think that what we have spent our hard earned money on is good. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't, but there seems to be this basic need to justify our purchases and sometimes that means convincing ourselves and others, in our minds anyway, that the purchases were indeed very wise. Whether it's Kia vs BMW or a Mexican made Fender Stratocaster vs an American made Fender Stratocaster or a $100 Toshiba CD player vs a $900 Jolida Vacuum Tube Reference CD player or freebie throw-in audio cables vs custom cables costing hundreds of dollars, it doesn't matter. These same exact issues are being "discussed" in the very same manner. We all want to keep up with the Jones and if we can't we'll try and fool ourselves into thinking we are. This is generally speaking of course and doesn't encompass every single person out there or every single purchase of course, but it is certainly a majority way of thinking. Personally, I could give a ratsass about the Joneses. If I bought a Kia I would be glad to admit I did it for economical reasons. Maybe a nicer car isn't a big priority for me anyway, but I certainly wouldn't knock anyone for buying a BMW if that's what they prefer. I certainly wouldn't try to say the Kia was just as good, even though it does get one from A to B which is the basic purpose of a car anyway. And if I end up buying my spa at Costco, I certainly won't be out here trying to tell people how smart I am because it's just as good as anything else out there. I'll be happy to admit that I did it to save a buck or because it's not that important to me to have the very best "fill-in-the-blank" out there anway.

I remember this one time when this thread was about the Sun Peak spa.

And mcpetran, who started the thread, has received his spa, it's running well, and so far he's happy. More joy to him. We're just waiting for some pictures from him. Or her.

[

No, Costco doesn't make spas. I'm talking about Hydrospa. They make dog crap, always have. They've gone from selling them out of storage buildings to suckers to selling them through warehouse stores to suckers. Cheap, disposable junk, no matter how you slice it.

I bought a Platinum Elite 2 hot tub from Costco in 2006 that was made by Hydrospa and I've run it for over a year so I know something about what I'm talking about. The tub is well-designed, well put together, has a solid shell, a nice cover, is very reliable, works well, and uses standard components for pumps, heater, piping, stereo, etc. The only "dog crap" around here is the stuff you post about Hydrospa and the stuff you were eating in that picture you posted a couple of days ago in the "Inside my Platinum Legend" thread.

The only "dog crap" around here is the stuff you post about Hydrospa and the stuff you were eating in that picture you posted a couple of days ago in the "Inside my Platinum Legend" thread.

Them's purt'near fightin' words yore spoutin' there mister (or ma'am if female you be). You just consider yourself lucky that you limited your insults to the Pittsburg Hot Links (finest packaged pig innards ever conceived by mortal man)! If'n youda extended your diatribe to include the blessed and holy Shiner Bock Beer, I'm afeared there would have been a reckonin' needed to occur (lest you are a lady, then I would demure).

Don't rub a man's giblets with the wrong hand when it comes to his beer ('lest you are indeed a lady, then it's fine and dandy).

Terminator

I bought a Platinum Elite 2 hot tub from Costco in 2006 that was made by Hydrospa and I've run it for over a year so I know something about what I'm talking about. The tub is well-designed, well put together, has a solid shell, a nice cover, is very reliable, works well, and uses standard components for pumps, heater, piping, stereo, etc. The only "dog crap" around here is the stuff you post about Hydrospa and the stuff you were eating in that picture you posted a couple of days ago in the "Inside my Platinum Legend" thread.

Good thing Costco hasn't changed their return policy yet.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...aded&start=

Just wanted to touch base with everyone and give an update on how the spa is currently running......I seriously could not be happier with this purchase. My wife and kids use it almost every night. I just finished a landscaping project around the spa which in my oppinion looks incredible. The only negative comment I can say about the experince was the length of time it took for delivery however, the enjoyment now outweighs the wait. Thanks for listening, reading and responding to this post. I will post pictures in the next couple of days! Thanks again~

Mcpetran

Yeah, maybe my tub shell or my tub piping will start to dissolve or something and I'll have to take it back. Yeah, right. Look here spa-no-tech, I've had the tub for over a year so I think I'd have seen if there was a problem by now. Maybe the heater will corrode in a few years and you can point to that as 'proof' that it's a 'lesser tub.' Keep hoping... <laugh> In the meantime, we paid $4K for the tub brand new with a full warranty and we use it nearly every night. That extra $6k we didn't pay to the dealer has been put to other good uses and we are looking forward to winter. I'll think of you in your lonely hot tub store waiting for a customer.

Yeah, maybe my tub shell or my tub piping will start to dissolve or something and I'll have to take it back. Yeah, right. Look here spa-no-tech, I've had the tub for over a year so I think I'd have seen if there was a problem by now. Maybe the heater will corrode in a few years and you can point to that as 'proof' that it's a 'lesser tub.' Keep hoping... <laugh> In the meantime, we paid $4K for the tub brand new with a full warranty and we use it nearly every night. That extra $6k we didn't pay to the dealer has been put to other good uses and we are looking forward to winter. I'll think of you in your lonely hot tub store waiting for a customer.

You saved 3-4 grand and you will need 2-3 more to get the longevity...pretty simple. But believe what you want because you will anyway. You buy your third one and still think your getting a great deal. I guess if it works for you that's all that matters.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry30497

The reason you paid $4k for it (rather than $10k) is because that spa has a value of $4k or so. I do NOT think you got ripped off in any way, I think you paid right about what the spa is worth and there is nothing wrong with that. For some reason you are hell bent on convincing us you bought a dollar bill for 40 cents. If it makes you feel better to think that then fine, but I'm not going to agree that you got anything more than a $4k spa.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than the Silver1 did.

The reason you paid $4k for it (rather than $10k) is because that spa has a value of $4k or so. I do NOT think you got ripped off in any way, I think you paid right about what the spa is worth and there is nothing wrong with that. For some reason you are hell bent on convincing us you bought a dollar bill for 40 cents. If it makes you feel better to think that then fine, but I'm not going to agree that you got anything more than a $4k spa.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than the Silver1 did.

Yep, classic example of what I was talking about :rolleyes:

Okay, if you are right and my tub was only worth $4k, then there is no reason why anyone should pay much more than that. I got a great tub, with a lot of features, that runs well, with a full warranty from the manufacturer and a second implied warranty from Costco for $4k. The only thing that the dealer was offering extra with his $10k tub was a little help with the startup (the GFI panel was an extra $200 from him) and I could have called some independent tech to come and do that for the price of a service call. You and Roger keep saying and hoping that the tub will blow up in 5 years instead of 10 years like the dealer's tub so you can neener neener neener. Well, the dealer's tub didn't have as good a shell and had the same piping, heater, pumps, etc. so if my tub blows up in 4 more years , so will the dealer's tub. But, the truth is that neither tub will blow up in 4 more years since they are both reasonably good hot tubs. But I spent $4k instead of $10k and that's what brings you and Roger to these forums every day, isn't it? Wishing and hoping...

I will post pictures in the next couple of days! Thanks again~

Mcpetran

And that's the only reason the thread is still being allowed to unravel -- we'd all like to see the pictures, I think.

Okay, if you are right and my tub was only worth $4k, then there is no reason why anyone should pay much more than that.

Thanks for decding that but I think most people prefer to draw their own conclusions.

Thanks for decding that but I think most people prefer to draw their own conclusions.

Now THAT'S funny. Every day you and a handful of 'regulars' are here bashing Costco tubs, even though none of you own one. Why do you bash? You pretend it's some sort of consumer protection alert which would be fine if you were pointing to a specific problem with a specific model by a specific manufacturer. In that case, you would say something like: Avoid the xyz tub from qrs company because the heaters are defective. But no, what is really being 'bashed' here with good old-fashioned FUD is the IDEA of buying a hot tub a Costco. Why? Because obviously Costco and similar outlets are selling a lot of hot tubs at much lower prices than has historically been the case and that's probably having a bad effect on what has been a cozy retail backwater...the hot tub store. But you go on with your bashing...letting people draw their own conclusions. <laugh>