Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

Update: Spa has been hooked up and running for about 3 days now. It is working perfectly and the whole family loves it! Just wanted to thank everybody for all of the help and advice. I would like to post pictures in the next week or so.

Congratulations!! happy tubbing :D pics would be cool :D

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Spa has been hooked up and running for about 3 days now. It is working perfectly and the whole family loves it! Just wanted to thank everybody for all of the help and advice. I would like to post pictures in the next week or so.

Congratulations!! happy tubbing :D pics would be cool :D

It it getting funny on here!

I also purchased the same spa from Costco, still waiting for delivery. Costco has not repsonded to my emails, today they told me to contact Infinity spas direct, I was transfered to some named, Laura voice mail...but I couldn't leave a message due to her message box being full! I transfered back to the receptionist and I asked her for someone else, which there was none she replied, I asked her if there were alot of calls comng in from costco customers and she said, "yes, everyone wants to know when it's coming' but that was it. So here I am back to square one, meanwhile I have an

electrician coming tomorrow to get the wiring set up!

I also purchased the same spa from Costco, still waiting for delivery. Costco has not repsonded to my emails, today they told me to contact Infinity spas direct, I was transfered to some named, Laura voice mail...but I couldn't leave a message due to her message box being full! I transfered back to the receptionist and I asked her for someone else, which there was none she replied, I asked her if there were alot of calls comng in from costco customers and she said, "yes, everyone wants to know when it's coming' but that was it. So here I am back to square one, meanwhile I have an

Don't know what number you called for Infinity but try 1-800-460-7798 and then extension 221, or 220, or 215 and ask for Hagan or Laura. They were very helpful when I needed a new jet mailed to me and by dialing those extensions, I didn't get put on hold. Don't know if they can help with your problem - good luck!

sandi

Don't know what number you called for Infinity but try 1-800-460-7798 and then extension 221, or 220, or 215 and ask for Hagan or Laura. They were very helpful when I needed a new jet mailed to me and by dialing those extensions, I didn't get put on hold. Don't know if they can help with your problem - good luck!

sandi

Hi! Just wanted to join the forum because we received our infinity spa which was delivered on time 2 days ago and we have been very happy so far! The customer service aspect has been great as we had the same problem with a few of the jets popping out, they are sending a service repairman to replace the jets. Any questions we had have been answered promptly by them. Has anyone had any issues on not being able to turn off the pumps? When we hit the jet button on the third time the jets still run really low. Thanks!

Hi! Just wanted to join the forum because we received our infinity spa which was delivered on time 2 days ago and we have been very happy so far! The customer service aspect has been great as we had the same problem with a few of the jets popping out, they are sending a service repairman to replace the jets. Any questions we had have been answered promptly by them. Has anyone had any issues on not being able to turn off the pumps? When we hit the jet button on the third time the jets still run really low. Thanks!

Your tub will run on filtration cycles and you will need to check your manual for the length of those cycles. Example; the factory setting might be 2 - 2 hour cycles in a 24 hour period. When the breaker is turned on, it will pick up that filtration cycle. Meaning, if you powered it up at 3pm, it will now run a 3-5pm, 3-5am filtration cycle. It will also run on that low speed when the water temperature drops from the desired setting. The pumps need to run on that low speed to heat and/or filter.

Enjoy!

Steve

Received an email stating the tub was on the way. Did the shipping company call you to schedule delivery? TN to VA is a short trip and I haven't heard anything. Plus: pics! pics! pics!

I suggest you call the shipping company directly and speak with Sherry - She manages the routes and will give you the cell phone number of the drivers. Good luck!

I have a quick question on filtration cycles - I live in Indiana and was curious on the suggested amount of time I should have the spa pump running. I have had it running continuous but that seems like overkill to me. It looks like i have several options (2,4,6,8) every 12 hours. Thanks for your help!

I have a quick question on filtration cycles - I live in Indiana and was curious on the suggested amount of time I should have the spa pump running. I have had it running continuous but that seems like overkill to me. It looks like i have several options (2,4,6,8) every 12 hours. Thanks for your help!

If its a 2 speed pump then I'd say 2 out of 12 hrs can be sufficient unless its getting heavy use and then maybe bump it to 4 out of 12.

Oh, you live in Indiana? Your tub won't work yet. Hot tub controllers are set to run on Daylight Savings Time, so your tub won't work until DST ends next month. That's what you get for living in such a weird state.

Thanks again for starting this post. It was quite an interesting read from the bashers from both sides. I am glad your spa finally got there and is working. I have had some buyers remorse and I havent even ordered the thing yet, but I believe it will be ordered within the next week. You generated alot of controversey with this forum, but in the interim there was alot of knowledge passed from the dealer side, tech side and owner side. Hope everything works out on your end. Post those pictures if you got em. And thanks again.

Rick

Boy, where do I begin? I too did my research and decided on the Infinity spa from Costco. We had bought our last spa from there and we were very satisfied. I think the problem has been in the fact that this time the spa was purchased online as they did not stock the unit that we wanted in the store.

I made the purchase on 6/25/2007. Yes 5 days befoe the sale I know. Anyway, I received a tracking number on the 3rd of July that said the spa had shipped. By the beginning of August I started wondering where it was and tried to track it. Unfortunitly, the tracking number was rather usless as it just kept saying in transit. After several days of emails and phone calls I finally was put in touch with the local shipper who said that my tub had been in their warehouse for a few weeks and they had tried to call but the number was wrong. Now let me just say that during the online purchase I not only put in my home number but I also included my cell.

The only number that Costco had given the transportation company was a phone number that I had when we first became members over 7 years ago!!!!!

Now by this point I didn't care and just wanted my tub so we set-up a time and they sent it out. I asked them what it would cost to have it delivered to the pad in my back yard and they told me $500 plus!!!!! This was if I took out a section of my fence as the person on the phone said they would need a 5 feet wide path all the way to the pad.

Neddless-to-say I said no thank you and hired a team of professional spa movers for $250 who said that they could go through my gate no problem.

The drives who delivered it used a hand truck to get it down the ramp and very nearly lost it in the process. The spa was on a thin pallet on it's end wrapped up with plastic. I tried as best as I could to inspect it but was unable to see the bottom side which it was sitting on. I accepted the tub and wrote "will inspect further upon installation" on the work order and they left. 2 hours later my spa movers arrived and when they went to place the tub on their cart I saw the damage.

Apparently my spa had been damaged by a forklift sometime durring it's travels, and it had punctured the fiberglass rim. At the advice of my SPA GUYS I took pictures and imediately emailed them to infinity and called Costco.

Although infinity told me the very next day that the damage was several and they would replace it with a new tub it took me countless phone calls and emails to get the old tub finally picked up nearly 2 weeks later. Did I mention that this tub was delivered on the sidewalk next to my house on a broken pallet and was sitting on it's side? I was so worried about a young child climbing on it that I went out and bought yellow caution tape and wrapped it all up.

That was the last that I have heard from Infinity or Costco. Where is my new hot tub you might be wondering? Who know's. It has been 10 weeks sence I fist made the purchase, and they have stopped responding to my inqueries. At this point I am guessing that my only recourse is a chargeback with my credit card company.

The bummer is I had my heart set that this was the perfect tub for our needs and I have no clue where to go from here.

Just my bad luck, or is there a pattern here of problems with Infinity/Costco? All I know is that this Mama just wants a place to go where I am NOT-THE-MAMA for just a few glorious moments a day.

You made the purchase 5 days before the sale and you didn't cancel and reorder to save $600.00?

Lets not go blaming Costco and Infinity.I have had deliveries by Fedex and Ups with damage.The shipping company is at fault and you are covered for this damage.

You are getting free delivery and it states that the tub will not be placed in your back yard.It is a curbside drop.Do you read anything?

Costco nor Infinity did not damage your tub and you were advised that the delivery would be arriving.It did not suddenly appear out of the blue and it is your responsibility to have people on hand to flip and move the tub,open the wrapping and do a thorough inspection.If it is damaged refuse the shipment.Send it back.Do your research before you purchase.

I also find it strange that they have stopped responding to your inquires as I can contact Infinity or Costo daily if need be.

Damage can happen to any shipment and it sounds like you don't know what you are doing.

You made the purchase 5 days before the sale and you didn't cancel and reorder to save $600.00?

Lets not go blaming Costco and Infinity.I have had deliveries by Fedex and Ups with damage.The shipping company is at fault and you are covered for this damage.

You are getting free delivery and it states that the tub will not be placed in your back yard.It is a curbside drop.Do you read anything?

Costco nor Infinity did not damage your tub and you were advised that the delivery would be arriving.It did not suddenly appear out of the blue and it is your responsibility to have people on hand to flip and move the tub,open the wrapping and do a thorough inspection.If it is damaged refuse the shipment.Send it back.Do your research before you purchase.

I also find it strange that they have stopped responding to your inquires as I can contact Infinity or Costo daily if need be.

Damage can happen to any shipment and it sounds like you don't know what you are doing.

Wow. A little harsh, don't you think?

1) Sure, she's "covered" for the damage. At this point, having been informed of the damage, it's up to Costco/Infinity, and NOT the shipping company, to get the new spa to her. Sure, the shipping company will pay Costco/Infinity for the damaged spa, but they're not the ones taking weeks to send out the replacement.

2) She stated that she was expecting curbside delivery, and wanted to pay them a little extra to see if they would move it to the back yard for her. Many people have done that. What she was surprised at was the fee - $500 to move the spa an extra 50-100 feet or so? I, too, would be amazed at that. That's like $5 or $10 per foot!

3) She did inspect the spa for damage. It was just on a side she couldn't see at first. I suppose she should have had the drivers turn the whole spa over so she could inspect all six sides - but how many people actually do that? And how many drivers would do that for her?

4) You "feel strange" that they're not responding to her phone calls. Are you saying she's lying? Considering they're supposed to be sending her a "free" spa, I wouldn't be surprised if she's at the bottom of the list.

So do you work for Costco, or what?

Wow. A little harsh, don't you think?

1) It is taking weeks to send out the replacement. Is this out of the norm? Not in my mind. They can’t replace a spa in a couple of days.

2) There just might be more to the story as to why they wanted $500.00 to move the Spa. Perhaps they just did not like her or the move was a real hard move and they just did not want the Job so they gave a high quote. This has nothing to do with neither Costco nor Infinity

3) The spa was delivered on its side.

Therefore the top, bottom and three sides can be inspected. Have them flip the tub on to its base and do the final inspection on the one side that was down. What the hell are you talking about?

They either flip the spa so that it has the last side exposed or you tell them to put it back on the truck and get it the f—k out of your drive. Don’t give people advice if you do not know what you are talking about.

Anyone with any brains knows to do a full inspection at the time of delivery.

4) They will respond call them if you do not believe me and help this poor gal out as you and Stevie seem to have nothing better to do with your time off.

I really do not give care the less if you or your buddy Stevie does not like my response. Grow up and get a real life.

So do you work for Stevie, or what?

4) You "feel strange" that they're not responding to her phone calls. Are you saying she's lying? Considering they're supposed to be sending her a "free" spa, I wouldn't be surprised if she's at the bottom of the list.

So do you work for Costco, or what?

Bingo :angry:

So do you work for Stevie, or what?

Yeah, DP has been gainfully employed by me for a number of years and our job is to "police" spa forums. We're good at our jobs but the pay sucks... :rolleyes:

I just love it when ppl try their hardest to justify a poor purchase! :lol:

No I do not work for Costco I’m a Wal-Mart greeter.

Someday I hope to be a Spa salesman or better yet a Spa service techie like you guys.

No, I don't work for a spa company, or anything related. Like "Not the Mama", I'm just here to research spas and share my experiences and opinion. So, when you chose to jump down a newbie's throat on her second post, insulting her and calling her a liar, I just wondered why. So, regardless of either of our employers, the pros and cons of a Costco/Infinity spas, I'd like to know why you wanted to call her names and belittle her. Being a representative of the company in question is one explanation that makes sense. I can't think of any others.

All,

I think I posted one of the early posts and had some issues with my system plumed incorrectly. After fixing the pluming myself which was not all that difficult my SunPeak spa is working fine. I live in Texas and so far I keep the spa set about 96 and will increase those numbers as it gets cooler.

The over all quality of spa just fine it's using standard parts which you can get online anywhere or from Infinity. You have I think a 5 year warranty so just call them and they will send you the parts and pay for a pool and spa person to fix it or you can do it yourself. I chose to do it my self because I can get it done faster.

Anyway, no matter what you buy in life there may be issues and nothing is perfect.

Infinity for my troubles did send me some accessories for my spa which was nice.

As far as price its still a good deal. If you want all the extra bells and whistles then pay 4k more and get some of those other features that spa dealers will sell you.

All panels do open for access. This is probably the hardest part because of so many screws.

The sub zero liner is kind of cheap but I am sure it does its job, if you are really worried about insulation then you can always buy more and add to it.

Over all I don't think you can go wrong the the spas from infinity. They also sell their spas on ebay under Recreational Warehouse.

The 6HP rated motors are just fine and have plenty of power and two speeds.

Cheers, CCdallas

No I do not work for Costco I’m a Wal-Mart greeter.

Someday I hope to be a Spa salesman or better yet a Spa service techie like you guys.

No, I don't work for a spa company, or anything related. Like "Not the Mama", I'm just here to research spas and share my experiences and opinion. So, when you chose to jump down a newbie's throat on her second post, insulting her and calling her a liar, I just wondered why. So, regardless of either of our employers, the pros and cons of a Costco/Infinity spas, I'd like to know why you wanted to call her names and belittle her. Being a representative of the company in question is one explanation that makes sense. I can't think of any others.

Wow, Thank you DP for your kindness and understanding of my "foolisness". Aparently there are some on this forum that feel the need to vent their frustrations out on unsuspecting new listers. Just for clarity I would like to address the following:

1. " You made the purchase 5 days before the sale and you didn't cancel and reorder to save $600.00?"

So sorry that I have a life and did not know that the item that I just purchased whould go on sale the very next week, and it was not until I went to track the delayed shipment that I even found out about the sale and by then it had been over a month already. It sounds like Bond would hve me cancel the order at such a late date but as the sale was now over what sence would that make?

2. "I also find it strange that they have stopped responding to your inquires as I can contact Infinity or Costo daily if need be."

Apparently they are having so many issues that both the voicemail and email boxes for Infinity are full. The email address that I had for one of the infinity emplyees does go through but I am not getting any responses. I did finally call Costco, but they have just taken a report and say that they will get back to me. That was over a week and a half ago. I called back today and after waiting on hold for 14 min. They said that they were still looking into it and would get back to me.

3. "The spa was delivered on its side.

Therefore the top, bottom and three sides can be inspected. Have them flip the tub on to its base and do the final inspection on the one side that was down. What the hell are you talking about?

They either flip the spa so that it has the last side exposed or you tell them to put it back on the truck and get it the f—k out of your drive. Don’t give people advice if you do not know what you are talking about.

Anyone with any brains knows to do a full inspection at the time of delivery"

Boy, does slamming women make you feel like a man? For your information after the delivery guys nearly dropped it off the gangplank it was very apparent tht they did not come equipted to move such a large and heavy item. I asked them how I was supposed to inspect it and they said it was on me to figure it out. They said that what most people just do is write on the invoice that it will be furture inspected upon installation and that would cover me. They said that they wouldn't be able to get it back up the ramp even if there was a problem and that if I found anything they would have to pick it up with a different truck.

I have to say that the only reason I posted here was to let others who might be considering making this purchase know what they might be in for. I did not realize that I would be subjecting myself to the hostilites of a man who has nothing better to do but beat up on women.

Get a life :wacko:

I have noticed over the last 8 months or so (starting with paintnsunni) that the undercover Hydrospa operatives on this forum really are a spiteful and insecure bunch. I've lost track of how many of them are on here, but they all seem to follow the same pattern of insults and degradation in the efforts of promoting their less than quality product. I daresay that it is a direct reflection on the quality of the company itself to allow these attack dogs to roam freely, preying upon unsuspecting shoppers and innocent women. Perhaps they would be best served under the tuteledge of Ron Mexico and dealt with by his hand should they perform poorly.

Terminator

I have noticed over the last 8 months or so (starting with paintnsunni) that the undercover Hydrospa operatives on this forum really are a spiteful and insecure bunch. I've lost track of how many of them are on here, but they all seem to follow the same pattern of insults and degradation in the efforts of promoting their less than quality product. I daresay that it is a direct reflection on the quality of the company itself to allow these attack dogs to roam freely, preying upon unsuspecting shoppers and innocent women. Perhaps they would be best served under the tuteledge of Ron Mexico and dealt with by his hand should they perform poorly.

Terminator

What makes them a lesser spa? I assume you mean Costco spas? I also assume that is your opinion much like your spas that you sell are overpriced for what you get, that is my opinion. I think the Costco sales aproach is a direct threat to the dealers in general especialy Hotsprings since Costco sells one model already and is looking at adding to the online Hotsprings line. In my opinion you are insecure about your sales future in relationship to the success of Costco sales model and the declining sales of dealerships.

This insecurity leads to slurs about "lesser quality", and "low end spas" when the reality is you don't really know just as Roger didn't even know a circ pump from a jet pump in a "Costco" spa yet he insist they are low end? Do I dare say " egg on Rogers face? I think dealers get in a insult "frenzie" in order to defend the way spas are sold and the high markups that go with the traditional sale. People such as yourself throw insults and missinformation rather then sound, accurate and meaningfull debate.

Just for fun, what spa do you have that will compete with the Infinity Sun peak spa dollar for dollar in the Hotsprings line? I am trying to keep a open mind but I do have my reservations.