Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

Yes I can, I sold Cal who also uses G E pumps. When I talked to a couple of the guys in engineering to ask what the real rating was, they told me around 3.5 - 4 true hp.

Do some learning about constant hp and Brake hp and you will find out quite a bit.

And GE makes a lot of different pumps.

So, how does this--in any way--provide evidence regarding the GE pumps in my Infinity spa?

Almost all spas have this as a sales tool.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what part of the Infinity Sun Peak "High-density foam insulation" spec did you miss?

That fact that they call it that means little IMO. Your spa may be an OK buy for the $$ but I seriously doubt it will insulate even marginally well.

As I suspected ... it's your opinion. That's not evidence. Try again.

... and everything you post is your opinion, like when you say the Keys has a marginal heater compared to yours. Based on what?

This is not an opinion, but fact, based on the KW specs of both tubs. Read them for yourself.

A quick search of their website shows one spa, a "6-Person Keys Veracruz Hot Tub Spa Package" for the same price as my Sun Peak, yet has only 30 jets, a marginal heater, no pump or insulation specs, and a warranty which is seriously laughable compared to mine.

So your spa is better because you have decided somehow that your heater is better? How did you arrive at that, from a picture? Pump specs are going to be BHP which is Bullsh!t HP so they are mostly useless. What insulation specs? All you have is some Marketing term for your insulation where they give it a fancy name to make it sound like it will insulate well when it'll be like all the other bargain priced thermopanes IMO. As far as your warranty being better, maybe it's better on paper but it’s not a napkin so what does that matter? Key's, Hydro, Infinity and all will give you a similar approach where you might get some phone help as you try to diagnose your problem and hopefully they’ll send you a part if you can convince them you have a problem.

I think this thread has jumped the shark.

You seem like a very nice, knowledgeable, and concerned salesperson. Too bad my experiences have been very bad with the spa dealers up-north, here in Michigan, where the spa industry is taking a bath (pun intended). Had I met you, and your concern for my hard-earned dollars, I might have bought a spa from you. Price and features hopefully close to the Sun Peak, of course!

Thank you, kind sir. I truly am the most humble and kind spa salesman one could ever encounter.

Good luck to you, brother. I hope you're a smashing success!

Your salutations of good luck have proven fruitful as I just put another customer in hot water! ^_^

Terminator

Its very simple call Infinity and ask them if the hp rating on the spa motor is brake or constant.

Here's the thing Johnnyknowsnothingaboutspas...

When you start debating something like pump HP and you know NOTHING about it, you loose all credibility. Any idea how big a TRUE 6HP pump would be? In fact...there's NO SUCH THING as a TRUE 6HP pump in a hot tub. The casing would be massive.

What you are seeing is a common deception in our industry of some companies providing break HP as opposed to continuous HP. Since you are arguing it tooth and nail, it's clear to me that you will stand on your little box and shout as loud as you can regardless of whether or not you are correct.

Please pick a subject you know about and do a search on the www for THAT forum. :rolleyes:

A quick search of their website shows one spa, a "6-Person Keys Veracruz Hot Tub Spa Package" for the same price as my Sun Peak, yet has only 30 jets, a marginal heater, no pump or insulation specs, and a warranty which is seriously laughable compared to mine.

So your spa is better because you have decided somehow that your heater is better? How did you arrive at that, from a picture? Pump specs are going to be BHP which is Bullsh!t HP so they are mostly useless. What insulation specs? All you have is some Marketing term for your insulation where they give it a fancy name to make it sound like it will insulate well when it'll be like all the other bargain priced thermopanes IMO. As far as your warranty being better, maybe it's better on paper but it’s not a napkin so what does that matter? Key's, Hydro, Infinity and all will give you a similar approach where you might get some phone help as you try to diagnose your problem and hopefully they’ll send you a part if you can convince them you have a problem.

I think this thread has jumped the shark.

Instead of providing a single fact to back your assertions regarding the Infinity Sun Peak, you instead, insist on rambling on with more and more and more opinions! Do you even know the difference between the two?

LOL.

Its very simple call Infinity and ask them if the hp rating on the spa motor is brake or constant.

Why should I? You're the one contesting the integrity of the spec.

Your right, I just spent 10 mins on hold with Infinity, so instead I fired off an email to their customer service asking if the ratings are brake or constant.

Mistruths and lies? Humbug. The photo shows an action taken by the owner of a deliberately unidentified poorly-insulated hot tub.

And you feel some justification by posting that photo in the wrong forum? ?

No, Johnny, I assure you that it is in the right thread. The person who gave me the photo identified it as a Costco unit from Hydrospa (and I have no reason to doubt her veracity). I chose, perhaps unwisely, not to include that information.

What's next, Tom, you gonna pull my account, too?

Hadn't even occurred to me. While your stance is aggressive and even belligerent, IMO your posts are on topic, your comments are well-written and sharply pointed, you haven't made any egregious personal attacks (again IMO), and you are contributing to a lively debate.

Here's the thing Johnnyknowsnothingaboutspas...

Real mature, Steve.

When you start debating something like pump HP and you know NOTHING about it, you loose all credibility.

I've debated nothing of the sort, please prove where I have.

The claim was made by someone else that the GE motors in my Infinity are lesser than advertised. I simply asked for proof. The parties in question have come out either with: 1) immature name-calling, or 2) opinions as to what they think is under the hood of my Sun Peak.

All I want is evidence to support these claims.

Why should I? You're the one contesting the integrity of the spec.

Your right, I just spent 10 mins on hold with Infinity, so instead I fired off an email to their customer service asking if the ratings are brake or constant.

Great. Then you'll get the answer from the proper source.

Instead of providing a single fact to back your assertions regarding the Infinity Sun Peak, you instead, insist on rambling on with more and more and more opinions! Do you even know the difference between the two?

LOL.

You stated your heater was better than the Keys. How do you arrive at that conclusion? How do you conclude your spa will insulate better than the Keys spa? Is it based on some Marketing term they gave you for your insulation?

You're welcome to your own opinions but when you want to discount what others think yet want your opinions taken as fact it becomes a joke. I know it's normal for people to want to justify their purchase but your opinions have no more validity than anyone else's and in fact are based on a sample of one. I've seen more than a couple spas in people’s yards in various stages of their lives so I think I'm welcome to give my opinions if you don't mind!!

And you feel some justification by posting that photo in the wrong forum?

No, Johnny, I assure you that it is in the right thread. The person who gave me the photo identified it as a Costco unit from Hydrospa (and I have no reason to doubt her veracity). I chose, perhaps unwisely, not to include that information.

Tom, this not the Hydrospa thread, but the Infinity Sun Peak thread. Please tell me again how the two are related? Costco is the only common element I see, and is a stretch, at best.

LOL.

You stated your heater was better than the Keys. How do you arrive at that conclusion? How do you conclude your spa will insulate better than the Keys spa? Is it based on some Marketing term they gave you for your insulation?

You're welcome to your own opinions but when you want to discount what others think yet want your opinions taken as fact it becomes a joke. I know it's normal for people to want to justify their purchase but your opinions have no more validity than anyone else's and in fact are based on a sample of one. I've seen more than a couple spas in people’s yards in various stages of their lives so I think I'm welcome to give my opinions if you don't mind!!

LOL. All I've done is ask for facts to support the claims you made. You said them, not I.

LOL. All I've done is ask for facts to support the claims you made. You said them, not I.

Stop hiding behind this "facts" thing. I've seen it before. It's the equivalent of putting your hands over your ears, closing your eyes and loudly proclaiming "I can't hear you".

This site is mostly about giving opinion. Many of us have experience in this business and most people appreciate our opinions because they're not based solely on the one spa in our back yard. If you want to ignore anythign we say feel free but I give my opinions based on 10 years in this business.

I can play your game too. You stated the Keys spa heater was marginal compared to yours. Where are your facts? You keep ignoring my request for your facts behind this statement!

Stop hiding behind this "facts" thing. I've seen it before. It’s the equivalent of putting your hands over your ears, closing your eyes and loudly proclaiming "I can't hear you".

This site is mostly about giving opinion. Many of us have experience in this business and most people appreciate our opinions because they’re not based solely on the one spa in our back yard. If you want to ignore anythign we say feel free but I give my opinions based on 10 years in this business.

#277.

... and everything you post is your opinion, like when you say the Keys has a marginal heater compared to yours. Based on what?

This is not an opinion, but fact, based on the KW specs of both tubs. Read them for yourself.

LOL, based on some specs. Give me a break! Is this anything like your BHP rtatings?

What spec exactly?

LOL, based on some specs. Give me a break! Is this anything like your BHP rtatings?

What spec exactly?

Yes.

The KW ratings of the heaters of both spas.

What spec exactly?

Yes.

The KW ratings of the heaters of both spas.

You don't tell me what the KW difference is but I doubt it matters. That just refers to how quickly it heats up and is mostly meaningless. The only time you'll ever even see it come in to play is where one spa may take 5 hours to get to temp after a fill while the other take 6 hrs. Big deal! While in operation I doubt you'll even see a difference.

Here is what matters about heaters:

1) Failure rate due to quality of manufacture/design,

2) Material it's made of because that can affect #1,

3) Proper plumbing/flow to it so it doesn't affect #1,

8) KW rating.

Unless your heater is somehow a better quality than the Keys stop trying to make it out to be something it isn't, i.e. a better heater. Also, stop letting the manufacturer fool you with their spec sheet. They already apparently pulled the wool over your eyes with BHP (by the way, those are 4 BHP pumps which probably equates to 2.0 continuous/"real" HP).

What a fabulous waste of time, almost 300 posts and 9,000 views. I feel bad for anyone that has read each post. I think banging your head against a brick wall may be a better idea but to each his own. Well at least we've gotten to the bottom of the costco vs dealer spas debate. :-)

What a fabulous waste of time, almost 300 posts and 9,000 views. I feel bad for anyone that has read each post. I think banging your head against a brick wall may be a better idea but to each his own. Well at least we've gotten to the bottom of the costco vs dealer spas debate. :-)

I concur, it needs a fork stuck into it.

BTW, good luck with your "marginal" heater LOL! :wacko:

I feel bad for anyone that has read each post.

<sigh>Only a chore on hot threads. The job also involves deleting 100-odd spam posts every morning, a real fun way to start your day! :unsure: