Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this site I take it as I cant find any elsewere.Also I can find lots of positive on this site and more comeing in weekly.Sure small set up problems but still nothing major.Search on line for the big very expensive spas and you will find problems.Also I believe that 104 said internet spas.Well what is an Internet spa?Only spas sold through ebay?Spas sold by Costco?And are we saying that a spa advertised but not sold on the internet is good but sppas sold on line are bad?

I renovated this year and spent about $5000 on eBay for everything from sound systems,flat screen tvs,and my major appliance.My other major appliances came from Yes a big box store Sears.Almost bought my fireplace on ebay as the local dealer wanted hundreds more until I told him what I was about to do and gave him a second chance and guess what he dropped down approximately $250 to match the price.

All purchases are working great and I did not have to travel to a store and saved around $5000.I have shopped online since the start when most of the people telling me they wouldn't use there charge card on line.Internet shopping is here to stay and is only going to get larger.

And spas or anything else purchased on line or in Costcos store are great and avoid the huge mark ups.

I bought a Platinum Elite 2 hot tub (made by Hydrospa) at Costco in July, 2006 and it has been great. I only paid $4,000 which was an incredible bargain, even then, and more so now.

Awesome! I nearly bought that same tub in '06 at my local Costco, but they sold out too quickly!!! Eight spas sold in three hours on a Saturday afternoon! There was a very nice thread going on this forum regarding the Elite 2. Many satisfied customers, such as yourself.

I hope to say the same thing about my Infinity Sun Peak after a few years. So far, so good. It's a great tub that my family and friends have enjoyed immensely.

That was our experience as well. Costco said that once I bought a tub, I had to take it away that day so I waited to buy until I had the slab all ready for it. The guy at Costco said there would be no problem since there were four or five in stock and they were an item that they regularly stocked so just wait and buy it when I was ready. Finally, my slab is poured and I'm ready and I show up at Costco with a trailer all hitched up. Well, Costco had sold every tub in stock except for the floor demonstrator which was missing the manual, thanks to some thoughtless shopper passerby. The Costco guy said I could wait and there would 'probably' be more but I had missed out on the prior year's model in just that way so we went ahead and bought the demo unit. As far as I know, that was the last one that that store was able to get so I'm glad I got it. :) I downloaded the manuals on the internet and the tub has been heating and jetting water ever since.

What, if any, quality issues have you read about Costco tubs? Mainly, the Platinum Elite 2, 2006’s HUGE seller, and the Infinity Sun Peak, this year’s HUGE seller?

Thare have been a few people post on these sites who bought a costco spa and returned it due to Quality issues. Saskman and JMendoza17 posted more than a few times so I remember their names after looking in the Members section and I know there are 1 or 2 more but I don't save their posts, or commit their names to memory. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to search others but you can look those two people up in the members section and it allows you to look at their posts and you can skim them and see what issues they had. Other people may remember other names but I can't.

any, quality issues have you read about Costco tubs? Mainly, the Platinum Elite 2, 2006's HUGE seller, and the Infinity Sun Peak, this year's HUGE seller?

Thare have been a few people post on these sites who bought a costco spa and returned it due to Quality issues. Saskman and JMendoza17 posted more than a few times so I remember their names after looking in the Members section and I know there are 1 or 2 more but I don't save their posts, or commit their names to memory. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to search others but you can look those two people up in the members section and it allows you to look at their posts and you can skim them and see what issues they had. Other people may remember other names but I can't.

Theses are some who had problems. My biggest problem is with the insulation or "non insulation" on theses tubs.

They do not seem that they will hold heat in the winter time so your electric bill will soar. where is the saving then???

I know that if i dont wrap my Crown Xl it will cost about 2 to 3 hundred more a month then if i wrap it.

Try and keep one of theses spas at 104 degrees whan its Zero outside without it being properly insulated.

John 104 degrees

What, if any, quality issues have you read about Costco tubs? Mainly, the Platinum Elite 2, 2006’s HUGE seller, and the Infinity Sun Peak, this year’s HUGE seller?

I have never heard anyone post anything negative about the Infinity Sun Peak and, having owned a Platinum Elite 2 for a year, I find it extremely hard to believe anyone who says there is anything wrong with that model of tub. My tub still had a little residue of water in the piping from the water test at the factory and has never leaked a drop from any of its hundreds of connections. The components are all good quality from what I can I see on my tub and they are well put together and work well. I don't see any reason why another tub made on another day would be any different so if people here said their tub was falling to pieces I would not be a believer as there are obviously many hot tub professionals on this forum who want Costco to stop selling hot tubs because it's hurting their hot tub business. (Hint: It aint gonna happen.)

I have never heard anyone post anything negative about the Infinity Sun Peak and, having owned a Platinum Elite 2 for a year, I find it extremely hard to believe anyone who says there is anything wrong with that model of tub. My tub still had a little residue of water in the piping from the water test at the factory and has never leaked a drop from any of its hundreds of connections. The components are all good quality from what I can I see on my tub and they are well put together and work well. I don't see any reason why another tub made on another day would be any different so if people here said their tub was falling to pieces I would not be a believer as there are obviously many hot tub professionals on this forum who want Costco to stop selling hot tubs because it's hurting their hot tub business. (Hint: It aint gonna happen.)

Can you post a pic of the insulation in your spa?? Also i would like to know if you have access doors on all 4 sides of your spa, that would make it easy to add insulation.

do you live where it gets cold?? zero and lower? Thank you.

John 104 degrees

Try and keep one of theses spas at 104 degrees whan its Zero outside without it being properly insulated.

Well, here's one solution:

CostcoTub2.jpg

Well, here's one solution:

CostcoTub2.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol: and i got called Getto for using a wrap that is the same color as my spa :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Tom, i needed that :lol::lol:

I have never heard anyone post anything negative about the Infinity Sun Peak and, having owned a Platinum Elite 2 for a year, I find it extremely hard to believe anyone who says there is anything wrong with that model of tub.

So you're saying that since you've had good luck with your spa that invalidates anyone else's experience with their same model? Your sample of 1 is enough to conclude that all other reports of issues are baseless?

To those who are saying that all spas sold on the internet or by the big discount chains are crap.

You make it sound like there are hundreds of bad reports out there but you can only remember a few and as I said search the internet you wont find many.

How many hot spas do you think Costco sells per year and remember they sell to all of North America?

How many tubs do you think Home Depot sells and remember that they sell to all North America?

How many tubs do you think Walmart sells and remember they sell to all North America?

Now do a search and tell me how many bad reviews or reports can you find for 2006 or 2007.

Try and keep one of theses spas at 104 degrees whan its Zero outside without it being properly insulated. -- John 104 degrees

Here is the product description from costco.com (double-insulation specs, included):

Looking for something to ease the stress of everyday life, the Sun Peak spa is just what you have been waiting for. With its impressive 2-6HP GE pumps and 46 jets, this spa will give you the therapy and relaxation you deserve. Standard amenities include an ozonator, handrail waterfall, stainless jets, and a 9 LED color changing light to set the mood just right while you relax.

Seats: 6

Pearl shadow or Sterling acrylic

Maintenance free synthetic cabinet-grayor Mahogany

High-density foam insulation

Double-sided Artic wrap insulation

Neck, shoulder, & foot jets

Interchangeable water jets

Standard jets: 45 (stainless)

Master massage jet: 1 (stainless)

2-6hp GE pumps

Ozone

9 LED color changing light

Comfort cushion headrest

Handrail waterfall

Deluxe cover: 4" - 2" taper

5.5 KW heater

220V

Capacity (approx):350 gallons

Dimensions: 78" x 84" x 36"

Dry weight: 750 lbs.

Filled weight: 3250 lbs.

Warranty:

10 years on structure

5 years on surface

5 years on plumbing

5 years on parts

1 year on labor

Anything that has bubble foil (Arctic Wrap) as its only perimeter insulation will be in for a surprise when it hits -20 and your tub wont shut off. Those 6hp GE pumps are more like 3.5 constant HP

------

Note: "Arctic Wrap" is not used in nor has it anything to do with Arctic Spas.

Welll I personally just missed out on a deal from a local owner selling a used hot tub it was a great lakes 4 person tub that normally goes for well over $3000 .00 for a mere $1200.00 would of of been a great first choice for us we will keep ours eyes open to save some cash if nothing tshows up soon cosco tubs look to be a good value IMHO will keep researching for now

[

Here is the product description from costco.com (double-insulation specs, included):

Looking for something to ease the stress of everyday life, the Sun Peak spa is just what you have been waiting for. With its impressive 2-6HP GE pumps and 46 jets, this spa will give you the therapy and relaxation you deserve. Standard amenities include an ozonator, handrail waterfall, stainless jets, and a 9 LED color changing light to set the mood just right while you relax.

Seats: 6

Pearl shadow or Sterling acrylic

Maintenance free synthetic cabinet-grayor Mahogany

High-density foam insulation

Double-sided Artic wrap insulation

Neck, shoulder, & foot jets

Interchangeable water jets

Standard jets: 45 (stainless)

Master massage jet: 1 (stainless)

2-6hp GE pumps

Ozone

9 LED color changing light

Comfort cushion headrest

Handrail waterfall

Deluxe cover: 4" - 2" taper

5.5 KW heater

220V

Capacity (approx):350 gallons

Dimensions: 78" x 84" x 36"

Dry weight: 750 lbs.

Filled weight: 3250 lbs.

Warranty:

10 years on structure

5 years on surface

5 years on plumbing

5 years on parts

1 year on labor

Please post a pic of the inside of your costco tub?? we will showyou the difference in insulation.

John 104 degrees

Anything that has bubble foil(Arctic Wrap) as its only perimeter insulation will be in for a surprise when it hits -20 and your tub wont shut off. Those 6hp GE pumps are more like 3.5 constant HP

Wont theses type pumps "push"you out of your seat???

Can you post a pic of the insulation in your spa?? Also i would like to know if you have access doors on all 4 sides of your spa, that would make it easy to add insulation.

do you live where it gets cold?? zero and lower? Thank you.

John 104 degrees

We are waiting??

Tom, please PROVE this is a costco tub.

Doesn't matter. The point is that it is a hot tub that was insufficiently insulated for the market area (Edmonton, Alberta) in which it was sold. Brand or retailer is irrelevant. It could be any of a dozen brands.

Are the Costco brands of that level of insulation? I have no idea - I have never seen one.

BTW, this is FUD at its finest ...

Thank you, I guess.... (It's nice to know that I am doing a good job!! :ph34r: )

The owner of that unit had to do something to reduce his power bills and ensure that his hot tub survived the winter. He may have felt fear, uncertainty, and doubt about his purchase, but I can assure you that was not from anything I did or said. B)