Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

Added comments-

The Spa dealers that reply on this forum seem to want us newbies to believe that we are getting a cheaper - poorly constructed- unit and not just a decent spa at a lower price.

1. In my business, when someone tells me that my price seems too low, I respond and tell them that I will gladly charge them more if it makes them feel better.

2. I have a friend that sells mattresses and bedding through a chain of Sleep Shop stores and he said that his mark-up is around 40-50% typically and Costco sells the exact same mattress at 17% above his cost. Of course, he told me that he tells his clients it is not the same mattress at Costco, but it is.

3. The advantages of buying through a local spa are many, and when there is a large saving involved there are going to be some risks and perhaps a few more hassles and things that you are going to have resolve on your own. So far my experience is positive and, OMG, this unit compared to my old CalSpa is like comparing a 10 year old computer to new one...

costcospaxq1.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-08

I would say a new Cal and this unit would compare up pretty well with Cal taking a slight edge. Just my opinion.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger:

Thanks for the post and the picture.

Let everyone know how it goes after a test and a glass of wine.I should have mine by next week.

Thanks again I know everyone except the basher's are excited and like to read the posts by actual owners.

August 8 update-

good move as I went off to work and when I came home it was all done, filled and up and running.

Awesome!

Reports of the Costco Sun Peak spas are rolling in. In another thread, someone noticed that the 3 who reported issues with their Costco tubs were all from Canada??? All the other reports seem positive.

Still waiting on an update from mcpetran - he started this thread and seemed a bit worried after his spa hadn't been delivered in 4 weeks.

Ken

Awesome!

Reports of the Costco Sun Peak spas are rolling in. In another thread, someone noticed that the 3 who reported issues with their Costco tubs were all from Canada???

Ken

What does that say???

It could mean nothing or It could mean that there is a QC problem with shipping the tubs up here. If a tub is handled more than twice before it gets to the destination problems start to arise. Some shippers handle tubs like they are the bastard step child and other handle them properly since moving a tub is a delicate processs.

It could mean nothing or It could mean that there is a QC problem with shipping the tubs up here. If a tub is handled more than twice before it gets to the destination problems start to arise. Some shippers handle tubs like they are the bastard step child and other handle them properly since moving a tub is a delicate processs.

Shipping can cause issues but not the type duck man described. That is just poor operating procedures and no QC on those procedures plus they obviously skip any final water testing of the spas and go straight to shipping. Maybe they build the Canadian orders on Friday afternoon.

August 8 update-

good move as I went off to work and when I came home it was all done, filled and up and running.

Awesome!

Reports of the Costco Sun Peak spas are rolling in. In another thread, someone noticed that the 3 who reported issues with their Costco tubs were all from Canada??? All the other reports seem positive.

Still waiting on an update from mcpetran - he started this thread and seemed a bit worried after his spa hadn't been delivered in 4 weeks.

Ken

I returned a hydrospa......I know nothing about the infinitys

Shipping can cause issues but not the type duck man described. That is just poor operating procedures and no QC on those procedures plus they obviously skip any final water testing of the spas and go straight to shipping. Maybe they build the Canadian orders on Friday afternoon.

:angry: maybe they don't like Canadians....can't get over that 1812 thingy

LOL... yeah... that must be it! :lol:

The concept of spas only going to Canada having issues is laughable. Does the quality control and testing prior to leaving the factory differ? I think not.

The concept of spas only going to Canada having issues is laughable. Does the quality control and testing prior to leaving the factory differ? I think not.

Agreed. I read the post about the issues with tubs going to Canada and started reading through various posts to get clarification.

Some are lumping all Costco tubs together whereas there are several manufacturers tubs that Costco sells. The issues reported with the tubs shipped to Canada were all Hydro Spa tubs. Much of the recent discussion on this board was regarding the Inifinity Sun Peak Spa.

On July 2nd, Costco placed the Infinity Sun Peak Spa on sale for $2999. Several people have ordered the tubs and initial reports are starting to roll in. Here is a brief summary of the reports:

The following ordered the tub and have had it delivered, filled and running without (major) issues:

loeffinger

Giddy169

Stonepowerhouse

sandi

The following ordered the tub and it didn't work out-of-the-box. However, their issues have been resolved and they're currently enjoying their tubs.

Jayandta - tub didn't work as delivered, problems resolved.

ccdallas - broken impellars. Issue resolved.

The bottom line is this- this tub is assembled by idiots, and be prepared to make several trips to hardware store to get it operational. For someone not as handy, this experience would probably be a nightmare. However, I did save about $4000 or so not going to a local dealer, so I guess will see- good luck!

The following ordered tubs, but haven't reported back whether their tubs have been delivered or not.

mcpetran - ordered on 7/2. Hasn't provided a recent update.

Headhunter - Expected Delivery Aug 3-10

Lona - indicated they were about to purchase - hasn't reported back.

Regards,

Ken

LOL... yeah... that must be it! :lol:

I think the Canadian tubs were batched together. That white syrofoam that looks like it was fitted my my 3 year old is a upgrade for canada along with the thicker cover. My tub had gotten wet somewhere before it got to me. The manual was water logged. I can't image this would be good if it was shipped in early spring. There is little doubt that they made a ton of these tubs and don't think they could make them all bad. A friend of a friend no names has one and has had no issues. As for the quality control I'm not sure what their process is. One of the things that was broken on my tub was the control box that runs the lights. The fuse holder was crushed. This was probably done when the pumps were placed. It seems to be the only logical explanation other that some wacking it with a hammer. There is no way it left the factory working. The people who had problems here all say the same basic things. This suggest to me that they didn't take the first class route getting here. I'll tell you one thing once I had people over and had the lights on they wooed people. Most peole didn't care about much else

Costco.com does not ship into Canada that is why they have a Costco.ca site.

If you have a Canadian address you order from the Canadian Costco store or online at Costco.ca

And if you read the info on shipping it states

Currently, Costco.com offers shipping in the United States only. We do not currently deliver to PO boxes, APO (military) boxes, FPO (foreign) boxes, international addresses, or a few limited geographic areas within the U.S. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii will incur additional shipping charges that will be quoted to you at time of checkout. We plan to expand service to more areas in the future. Please check our site regularly for updates, or send us e-mail and we will notify you of our expansion.

Costco.com does not ship into Canada that is why they have a Costco.ca site.

If you have a Canadian address you order from the Canadian Costco store or online at Costco.ca

And if you read the info on shipping it states

Currently, Costco.com offers shipping in the United States only. We do not currently deliver to PO boxes, APO (military) boxes, FPO (foreign) boxes, international addresses, or a few limited geographic areas within the U.S. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii will incur additional shipping charges that will be quoted to you at time of checkout. We plan to expand service to more areas in the future. Please check our site regularly for updates, or send us e-mail and we will notify you of our expansion.

Hey Bond, I believe the point was the product itself and not whether it was Costco.com or .ca that looked after the shipping. There may be slight differences between the product shipped to Canada but my earlier point was more about quality control at the factory level.

My reply was not to anyone in particular

There is no differences in tubs being shipped to Canada.The tops are not thicker and there are no differences the tubs are manufactured with identical specs.

This may be true but is safe to say if they load a truck with 10 tubs that these 10 may mave been made is a lot. They may have been on a truck that hit a few thunderstorms and a few blizzards on their way north. Now lets throw in Canada Customs poking and proding around. Now they are in good old Canada. They may have been on the road a long time. Not to mention the bumpy dog sled part.

My reply was not to anyone in particular

There is no differences in tubs being shipped to Canada.The tops are not thicker and there are no differences the tubs are manufactured with identical specs.

This may be true but is safe to say if they load a truck with 10 tubs that these 10 may mave been made is a lot. They may have been on a truck that hit a few thunderstorms and a few blizzards on their way north. Now lets throw in Canada Customs poking and proding around. Now they are in good old Canada. They may have been on the road a long time. Not to mention the bumpy dog sled part.

Those issues are NOT related to shipping. A well made spa should be able to ship on a truck traveling over the back roads of Morocco and still deliver a unit that isn't leaking like a sieve. It is all about workmanship Quality and testing in the factory.

It just occurred to me............. say in water testing spas at the factory it's found that 1 out of 100 have a leak.

Would there be a cost savings in NOT doing the water test on those 100 spas, and just dealing with the leak when it shows up on the 1 spa at the customers house? Say the average leak repair costs $100, heck go $200. It's got to cost a LOT more than $200 to water test 100 spas.

I never suggested that this is the cause of all problems. I do think shipping could be a factor. Lets be real about this. I'm the one who had the problems and I can be objective. Give me one example of a tub that can take anything on the road. My remote problem was a water related problem it got wet somewhere. My light problem was a manufacturing problem the fuse case was crushed. These things add up. I

Hi kengorman --

Please add me to the ordered, delivered, filled and running without issues catagory :)

Ordered 07.06; delivered 07.29 and happy as a clam since! It's a great tub--especially at that price!

My next door neighbor and got his on the same day -- so actually make that two in the ODFRWOI column. :)

we ordered the sun peak on 7/2/07 & it was delivered yesterday 8/9/07.

We leave in a old summer community with narrow- hilly roads so we had issue with the large tracker trailer truck delivery & opted for the smaller truck for $300 & a promise to deliver to our desired spot- the delivery occured as promised & on time- our yard is hilly & it took the 3 guys & my husband & son to get it up the yard especially since it was soft from rain the day before. But the spa is where we want it- initially upset when we were told last week that this was the way it would be delivered- but figured it would have cost us to move it ourselves from the bottom of our driveway and it got there in one piece.

We haven't had a chance to connect the electric today- raining but are anxiously waiting for tomorrow

it looks great and was very comfortable when I sat in it last night- I have been monitoring these boards during our decision process as well as awaiting deliver- and was nervous regarding our decision to buy the spa without seeing first- but this appeared to be the best deal for the money available. I can"t wait to be able to let the naysayers know how good a deal this was.

Would like to know if anyone is using Nature 2 or one of the other alternative cleaning systems- I don't particularly want to use alot of chlorine.

It just occurred to me............. say in water testing spas at the factory it's found that 1 out of 100 have a leak.

Would there be a cost savings in NOT doing the water test on those 100 spas, and just dealing with the leak when it shows up on the 1 spa at the customers house? Say the average leak repair costs $100, heck go $200. It's got to cost a LOT more than $200 to water test 100 spas.

I can tell by the degree of these failures that there was no testing and your analogy clearly states why they take that route (though I'd venture to guess the rate is higher than 1% but the example is valid).

I never suggested that this is the cause of all problems. I do think shipping could be a factor. Lets be real about this. I'm the one who had the problems and I can be objective. Give me one example of a tub that can take anything on the road. My remote problem was a water related problem it got wet somewhere. My light problem was a manufacturing problem the fuse case was crushed. These things add up. I

Shipping can/does cause damage, just not this type.

Here is the scoop - I did my research and decided on purchasing the Sun Peak from Costco. I waited until the first day(order date 07/01/07) of the sale and purchased the spa online for $2999. Unfortunately, I really thought that the spa would be deliverd by now. Just wanted to check and see if anybody else has received this spa or waiting on this spa. Thanks for any info!

Tubless in Indiana!

MFP

I recently purchased this spa via COSTCO. Living in Southern California, it took all of four weeks for delivery. NOT due to distance - Due to the incompetencies of the freight companies involved. STI got it from Tennessee in about a week. From there, a North American Van Line affiliate took over and things went to crap.

After finally accepting delivery (UNDAMAGED), the SPA installed quickly with no problems. This is a replacement and I am VERY pleased with the performance and quality. I haven't had to make a Warranty call (and hopefully I don't) so I'll reserve comment on service.

John R in So Cal