Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

Here is the scoop - I did my research and decided on purchasing the Sun Peak from Costco. I waited until the first day(order date 07/01/07) of the sale and purchased the spa online for $2999. Unfortunately, I really thought that the spa would be deliverd by now. Just wanted to check and see if anybody else has received this spa or waiting on this spa. Thanks for any info!

Tubless in Indiana!

MFP

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I really thought that the spa would be deliverd by now.

MFP

The costco web-site clearly states that all spas would take 4-6 weeks for delivery. It hasn't even been 3 weeks yet.

I was considering this spa as well. From a "feature" comparison only, this spa seems like a great deal at only $2999, including delivery. I contacted Infinity at the e-mail address given on the costco web-site and they responded immediately to every question I had. I took that as a good sign. I used this board as one of my research sites - there is a lot of conflicting information here. There is the one "Costco gang" camp whose basic stance is:

1. The significant cost savings of a Costco/Walmart/Home Depot spa more than outweight the lack of dealer support.

2. Costco's satisfaction guarantee is adequate protection against a poor quality tub.

Then there's the anti-Costo group who suggest that:

1. any positive reviews of costco tubs can't be relied upon because the tubs haven't proven themselves with years of trouble-free operation.

2. costco tubs are of poor quality because they use inferior pumps, electronics, insulation, and shells.

3. the costco guarantee isn't worth much because the hassles of returning a 750lb. tub make the return of it difficult and/or expensive.

4. The increased utility bills alone with a poorly insulated costco tub would have paid for a high quality tub.

It's hard to reach a definitive conclusion given these two extremes. I did visit a few dealers and have seen brand-name (Jacuzzi and Sundance) tubs first-hand. It's hard to argue with the quality of a Sundance tub, however, the $9000 "special, one-time-only, for you, if you act today, thousands below the $11k MSRP" used-car-salesman price I was quoted for the Sundance Chelsee model is a bit-steep.

Please post any updates about the spa - good, bad, or otherwise.

Let us know when you get it.

Regards,

Ken

Unfortunately, I really thought that the spa would be deliverd by now.

MFP

The costco web-site clearly states that all spas would take 4-6 weeks for delivery. It hasn't even been 3 weeks yet.

I was considering this spa as well. From a "feature" comparison only, this spa seems like a great deal at only $2999, including delivery. I contacted Infinity at the e-mail address given on the costco web-site and they responded immediately to every question I had. I took that as a good sign. I used this board as one of my research sites - there is a lot of conflicting information here. There is the one "Costco gang" camp whose basic stance is:

1. The significant cost savings of a Costco/Walmart/Home Depot spa more than outweight the lack of dealer support.

2. Costco's satisfaction guarantee is adequate protection against a poor quality tub.

1. any positive reviews of costco tubs can't be relied upon because the tubs haven't proven themselves with years of trouble-free operation.

2. costco tubs are of poor quality because they use inferior pumps, electronics, insulation, and shells.

3. the costco guarantee isn't worth much because the hassles of returning a 750lb. tub make the return of it difficult and/or expensive.

4. The increased utility bills alone with a poorly insulated costco tub would have paid for a high quality tub.

It's hard to reach a definitive conclusion given these two extremes. I did visit a few dealers and have seen brand-name (Jacuzzi and Sundance) tubs first-hand. It's hard to argue with the quality of a Sundance tub, however, the $9000 "special, one-time-only, for you, if you act today, thousands below the $11k MSRP" used-car-salesman price I was quoted for the Sundance Chelsee model is a bit-steep.

Regards,

Ken

My friend in Boone, near the factory does warranty for them. He says they are nice people. I still don't understand how they can sell a spa at that price, but God bless them if their kidds don't go hungry.

I don't know if they have good business sense, it is something that is not taught to people, they have to learn it the hard way.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

Regards,

Ken

I don't consider myself "anti-Costco" but I'd like to respond to your 4 points.

I wouldn't say they can't be relied upon. I would say they only mean so much. If somone has had their spa 6 months or 1 year that only means they've gotten that much quality time with it. The better brands got their reputation by serving people well for 10, 12, 15... years. The point on this is really that you can't really say a spa brand is a good quality one unless a good deal of people are finding that it's held up for close to a decade with minimal issues. I'd say the jury is out but that isn't a knock, just reality.

Are they saying their parts are inferior to what you'd expect from a bargain priced spa? If someone is comparing them to some of the premium spas out there then maybe the word inferior comes into play but many have made the point that that comparison isn't valid. Their quality is probably right in line or maybe even a bit better than other brands in that similar selling range.

Certainly it's worth something. Who is saying it isn't? It is a bit of a hassle to have to return it and it may cost a few hundred bucks to do so but it's a good fall back plan if you've got real issues and they aren't following through on resolving them or the buyer has remorse over worries that the issues will continue.

It's the warranty and getting them to follow through on it that most will say isn't all its cracked up to be but the Costco return policy isn't a bad thing to have in your pocket if things go south.

It may not be kind to your electric bill I'd agree. Let's say it costs you $20 to $50/month (depending on where you live) more to run than a well insulated spa. That doesn't mean ANY other spa, just versus the better insulated ones but it would add up for sure. Would that "alone" pay for the higher quality spa? It would take a quite awhile to get to the break even point but I'm not sure who used the term "alone" there. Let's just say it can eat up a good chunk of the money not spent by gettig a premium spa from a dealer.

Ok as a previous Hydrospa Costco tub owner I can't say because I had issues with my tub so will you. This tub is made by someone else. I think the Costco Line up is looking interesting. May even be a big names hidden in there? My opinion is that the tub industry is a little shell shocked by whats going on here. The dealers offer the best service and better tubs but are stingy on upgrades. You can sit in your tub and shouldn't have to worry. You will have to wade through a pile of BS. Not all dealers are like that. If the budget is tub or no tub go for it even if you run it 3 seasons. Even after returning a tub I would buy another if thats what my budget was.

Ok as a previous Hydrospa Costco tub owner

Costco carries several lines of spas. Most of the troubles that I read reported here on this forum were from Hydrospa products. Hydrospa sells their spas through several outlets, including Costco.

The Infinity line of spas currently on sale from costco is manufactured in Tennessee. They are manufactured by a company called Wholesale Recreation who sells through other channels, including, the internet and ebay.

They maintain a web presence and have several web-sites under different names, including:

infinityspas dot net

wholesalerecreation dot biz

incrediblehottubs dot com

I had difficulty finding reviews of this company or its products.

Since the spa went on sale for $2999 on July 2, I'm expecting a flood of early reviews to start pouring in.

Ken

Ok as a previous Hydrospa Costco tub owner

Costco carries several lines of spas. Most of the troubles that I read reported here on this forum were from Hydrospa products. Hydrospa sells their spas through several outlets, including Costco.

The Infinity line of spas currently on sale from costco is manufactured in Tennessee. They are manufactured by a company called Wholesale Recreation who sells through other channels, including, the internet and ebay.

They maintain a web presence and have several web-sites under different names, including:

infinityspas dot net

wholesalerecreation dot biz

incrediblehottubs dot com

I had difficulty finding reviews of this company or its products.

Since the spa went on sale for $2999 on July 2, I'm expecting a flood of early reviews to start pouring in.

Ken

Just wanted to give you an update on delivery - Like i said earlier, my order date was 07/02/07 (first day of the sale) and i do understand the website does state 4-6 weeks however I recevied an email on 07/05/07 showing the status as "shipped." I contacted Costco last week by email just to see if they could give me any more information - they replied with the name of the shipping company and phone number and requested I give the shipping company a call to schedule delivery. I called the shipping company on Friday and was told by an associate that Costco rec'd approximately 250 orders the first day of the sale! She also stated that Infinity is shipping 500 tubs a week to them and then they disperse the tubs into different routes throughout the country. She stated that they are definetly working on 4+ weeks for delivery currently.

Anybody out there have more information? Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to give you an update on delivery -

Thanks for the update. I was leaning heavily towards the Costco Infinity tub. The reason I stayed away was because I was looking for a tub without a lounger.

told by an associate that Costco rec'd approximately 250 orders the first day of the sale!

I guess they're working overtime down in Tennessee making and shipping all those tubs.

Good luck,

Ken

Anyone with acces to Costco instantly recognizes the value of thousands of dollars saved over any dealer reguardless of the brand in question. I purchashed a Platinum II spa nearly two years ago and was told that Costco sold over 20,000 units and that is why as soon as they hit the floor they where sold alot of the time with no display model shown on the floor!!!! These spas seam to easily be from three to five thousand dollars less then any dealer for a comparable spa. I would just wait it out and be patient and know your saving thousand over the dealership spas available. I was and still am impressed at the quality, value and features that I got from Costco. My nieghbors and freinds have Sundance, Hot Springs and Clearwater spas that cost thousands more and got less in my opinion. Go Costco!

These spas seam to easily be from three to five thousand dollars less then any dealer for a comparable spa.

Not everything is as it seems because it certainly isn't 3k to 5k less than what a dealer would charge for THAT particular spa. Sure, dealers have that sized spa with those features for 3k to 5k more but there is more to the differences than meets the eye (and that's been hashed out many times before). It's not a bad deal for the DIYer kind of person.

Update - I received an email from Costco today in regards to delivery - they stated that the shipping company should be contacting me by Wednesday for delivery of spa! Great news! Question - Does anybody have any answers on how to get this beast from the driveway to the back yard? I didn't know if I try and tip the driver - he might have equipment to help in this situation. Thanks again for all of your help and I will keep you updated!

MFP

Does anybody have any answers on how to get this beast from the driveway to the back yard? I didn't know if I try and tip the driver - he might have equipment to help in this situation. Thanks again for all of your help and I will keep you updated!

MFP

4 guys and 12 beers.

Update - I received an email from Costco today in regards to delivery - they stated that the shipping company should be contacting me by Wednesday for delivery of spa!

Great news on the updated delivery status.

I didn't know if I try and tip the driver

Couldn't hurt to ask.

Does anybody have any answers on how to get this beast from the driveway to the back yard?

Lots of options here.

1. Call your local spa dealer and see if they'll do it for you for a fee.

2. Call a local moving company.

3. Do-it-yourself.

For option 3, some have reported success by using a few sheets of plywood laid edge-to-edge. They then used several 8 foot lengths of 2 inch conduit as rollers. They rolled the tub on the conduit which rolled on the plywood.

Others have reported success using snow-mobile type trailers. If you (or a friend) has a vehicle with a trailer hitch, put the tub onto the trailer and drive it to your back-yard.

Depending on where you are going to position the tub and what access is like, a crane company is another option. A friend of mine had an elevated deck and the difficulties of getting the tub on the deck going up steps warranted getting a crane. They lifted the tub right over the house and set it down gently on his deck.

Whatever route you go, get the digital camera ready and snap lots of photos and share them with all of us.

Regards,

Ken

Whatever route you go, get the digital camera ready and snap lots of photos and share them with all of us.

Here here, this community is starved for photos...

Congrats on the new tub -- please share your delivery, install, and "first fill" experiences for the benefit of the entire community (!)

These spas seam to easily be from three to five thousand dollars less then any dealer for a comparable spa.

Not everything is as it seems because it certainly isn't 3k to 5k less than what a dealer would charge for THAT particular spa. Sure, dealers have that sized spa with those features for 3k to 5k more but there is more to the differences than meets the eye (and that's been hashed out many times before). It's not a bad deal for the DIYer kind of person.

oh yes it is that much less as a dealer has nothing unless it is a five jet goofy controll one year warranty saran wrap shell tub.

And no its never been hashed out because you dont know what it is or roger or even tom that sets it as a lesser tub... here we go again!

enjoy your spa as I bet it is realy cool!

oh yes it is that much less as a dealer has nothing unless it is a five jet goofy controll one year warranty saran wrap shell tub.

And no its never been hashed out because you dont know what it is or roger or even tom that sets it as a lesser tub... here we go again!

enjoy your spa as I bet it is realy cool!

Let's start an effort to make English the official language of this site...

Update - Still no word from the shipping/delivery agent - However I did check my automated bill that I rec'd via email and it states "please allow approximately 4 weeks." (not 4-6 weeks which was stated in a previous post). I will be contacting Costco again and will keep you updated. Thanks!

It seems like there is great debate in regards to the "class" of spa your are receiving if you purchase a Costco spa. My oppinion is this: the consumer that decides on a Costco (or less expensive) spa is the type of consumer that probably would for the most part not buy this luxury item (spa). I look at it as if it were a "starter" spa, if you will. I feel the spa dealerships really should have nothing to worry about. When in fact, Costco is essentially creating a real interest in this type of lifestyle. Agree or disagree, please post your oppinions.

"Costco is essentially creating a real interest in this type of lifestyle. Agree or disagree, please post your oppinions."

I see your point but it could also backfire. If a person has nothing but problems and bad service it may make them never want to see another spa again.

As for my opinion, if a person has an interest in them, great, whether they saw their first spa at Costco, a Master traveling show, or whatever. The important thing is that they research, wet test, negotiate a price before purchasing.

I became interested after sitting in a spa at a RV campground! :lol: I've seen them around of course but didn't really take an interest in them until I sat in one.