Artic -vs- Sundance

munch

We are in the need of some advice. We have narrowed our choice down to 2 different hot tubs. Can anyone or eveyone out there give us your pros and cons about our 2 choices. Our choices are the Sundance Certa 2007 model and the Artic Spas Klondiker 2006 model. Cost is about $1100.00 difference but that may be negotiable. Thanks in advance. We live in Colorado Springs, within 20 miles of Pikes Peak.

We are in the need of some advice. We have narrowed our choice down to 2 different hot tubs. Can anyone or eveyone out there give us your pros and cons about our 2 choices. Our choices are the Sundance Certa 2007 model and the Artic Spas Klondiker 2006 model. Cost is about $1100.00 difference but that may be negotiable. Thanks in advance.

How are the dealers?? are you in a cold climate??

John 104 degrees

Which level Arctic? It's my understanding the Klondiker can be outfitted in several ways, and have anywhere from 30-75 jets and 1-3 pumps depending on the trim package.

Is Ozone included in both spas? Arctic has a few different Ozone set ups and you may want to find out what you are getting.

Both packages include steps, cover, lifter and delivery?

Artic is one of the few thermal tubs that has proven itself to be decent in very cold conditions. However, overall I'm not a fan of Thermal style tubs and find they are loud, can vibrate on decks and I don't care for scheduling filtration cycles. However, for the most part, amoung quality tubs (of which both these brands are) the insualtion design is secondary and more an interesting debate between hot tub nerds than a significant point on buying.

Both of these spas enjoy very good reputations, I tend to prefer Sundance, but would like the decision come down to wet testing, price/vs features.The arctic is bigger, but I don't like it's seat layout, and without knowing the trim package, don't know how many jets, and their layout.... Check out the dealer too. Buying from a bad dealer can sour a decent tub. ;) once again WET TEST BOTH TUBS.

Good luck.

I can only tell you that our Arctic Tundra is a great tub! Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. As trigger said "Wet test, wet test...and then wet test again! I would also check and make sure that you are comfortable with the dealer. I think that is almost as important as a good tub. I can also tell you that if you are worried about winter use, the Arctic is fantastic! We have ours up at our country home in the northern Catskill Mountains of New York (ski country), and it does get cold. The Arctic has releaved our fears of a tub at a weekend home with minus 20 and 30 degree weather, and not being up there during the week to check on it. Good luck!

MUNCH /

Any progress on your decision ?

Have you wet tested both tubs ?

If you made a decision, what swung you over ?

If you haven't, what's the focus of your angst at this point ?

/ "curious minds want to know"

We are in the need of some advice. We have narrowed our choice down to 2 different hot tubs. Can anyone or eveyone out there give us your pros and cons about our 2 choices. Our choices are the Sundance Certa 2007 model and the Artic Spas Klondiker 2006 model. Cost is about $1100.00 difference but that may be negotiable. Thanks in advance.

John 104 degrees

Colorado Springs is 6000 ft above sea level :lol: Beautiful in the summer though B)

John 104 degrees

It appears arctic likes the cold as well as the full foam sundance. arctic is TP but does it very well.

104 degrees

Colorado Springs is 6000 ft above sea level :lol: Beautiful in the summer though B)

Yes, we have made our decision. The Artic Klondiker is what we preferred. We wet tested both the tubs. What won us over was the bigger tub. The two loungers. And the salesman made us an offer of $8100....which was $1100 more than the Sundance but we also get 49 jets instead of 34. Plus the cost of filters....I hope we made the right decision....

MUNCH /

Any progress on your decision ?

Have you wet tested both tubs ?

If you made a decision, what swung you over ?

If you haven't, what's the focus of your angst at this point ?

/ "curious minds want to know"

Yes, we have made our decision. The Artic Klondiker is what we preferred. We wet tested both the tubs. What won us over was the bigger tub. The two loungers. And the salesman made us an offer of $8100....which was $1100 more than the Sundance but we also get 49 jets instead of 34. Plus the cost of filters....I hope we made the right decision....

MUNCH /

Let us know when you get it. congratulations :D:D:D

"Piling on"

Congratulations are in order for anyone who's gone through the process of trying to find the right tub/price/dealer/etc...

Please keep P&S in mind as you receive delivery, get installed and become a regular tubber.

Don't be afraid to share your experience as you travel further down the road -- all this information helps newbies and oldies alike !

/ Pictures are always welcome.

/ Congrats again.