About To Buy

cantwait

I am about to purchase either a Down East Spa by Master Spa or a Coleman brand spa.

I am looking for any and all information I can get concerning the pros and cons or track record of each.

As far as quality The Coleman is better built spa. As far as service, in my experience Coleman has been better when it comes to repairs on providing parts and backing their warranty. And no I dont sell Coleman just giving my opinion comparing the two.

As far as quality The Coleman is better built spa. As far as service, in my experience Coleman has been better when it comes to repairs on providing parts and backing their warranty. And no I dont sell Coleman just giving my opinion comparing the two.

I agree and I'm sure someone else will be along soon to agree also.

i had a coleman spa 472 for 1and 1/2 yrs and tons of troubles. from very poor quality fit of shell and cabinet to jets that dont spin, small cracks in top of the shell , gaps you can put your finger into where the cabinet meets the shell. never could get the swirly jets to work right. never again! electric bill thru the roof, and that was all tracked and documented with kwh used on a daily basis, so much for the thermo-lock.

i had a coleman spa 472 for 1and 1/2 yrs and tons of troubles. from very poor quality fit of shell and cabinet to jets that dont spin, small cracks in top of the shell , gaps you can put your finger into where the cabinet meets the shell. never could get the swirly jets to work right. never again! electric bill thru the roof, and that was all tracked and documented with kwh used on a daily basis, so much for the thermo-lock.

Sorry I got of track with the wood frame thingy.

OK IN MY OPINION both of those brands are for a price point if they are in that price point they are fine tubs. But neither IN MY OPINION is a top of the line tub if thats what you are looking for. And I would not have a preference over either one if they are priced about the same and comfortable on your backside.

Sorry I got of track with the wood frame thingy.

OK IN MY OPINION both of those brands are for a price point if they are in that price point they are fine tubs. But neither IN MY OPINION is a top of the line tub if thats what you are looking for. And I would not have a preference over either one if they are priced about the same and comfortable on your backside.

I'm not a Coleman fan, but I think they have come a long way from their older models & Down East is Masters secondary line, I got some in for a tent sale once and it took me a year to get rid of them.

I am about to purchase either a Down East Spa by Master Spa or a Coleman brand spa.

I am looking for any and all information I can get concerning the pros and cons or track record of each.

We have a coleman 706, had it for 4 months. No problems at all Obviously its early days but have absolutly no regrets in choosing a coleman spa.

We have a coleman 706, had it for 4 months. No problems at all Obviously its early days but have absolutly no regrets in choosing a coleman spa.

do all your jets that spin , spin all the time?? my tub was brand new and i had to flip them with my finger to get them to spin. they would spin for 1 or 2 min. then stop, no mater what i did it was always the same thing not what i call good quality jets.. i shure hope you have better luck than i did.

I cannot speak for Coleman except to say that I considered one when shopping about 2 years ago. I cannot speak directly for DownEast but I can tell you that my MasterSpas LSX has been nothing but a joy for the last 1.5+ years. No downtime and only had to replace one spinner jet during this time. My dealer did not have the jet in stock so he ordered one from the plant which was delivered to my house in about 8 days under warranty, of course. Though others, especially dealers of other brands, seem to have some heartburn with MS products, there are those of us who have had wonderful experiences with them. For you, I would suggest letting your wet test and your feelings for the dealers as well as bottom line price be your guide. Good luck with your search.