Water Velocity With Jets And Temperature

mrdman37

Just got my used Jacuzzi Aero hooked up. A couple of issues have surfaced that I thought I'd toss out there for anyone that has seen this type of thing before.

1. Tub has a LED panel for adjusting the temperature and turning on lights and jets. Turned up panel to 104 degrees, but it really didn't feel that hot. Seems to me one should hardly be able to stand it at that temp. I'm planning to get a thermometer I can drop into the tub to compare.

Q: Do the thermostats get out of wack and give wrong readings? Anyone encountered something like this?

2. The control panel has a button for adjusting the jets: low, high or Off. It also has knobs at each corner for adjusting the jets at those locations. I've played with the adjustments to see how diverting all power to one corner by closing all the other locations might impact things. I even turned off the little waterfall. The only thing that really seemed to make a difference was turning off the waterfall. Otherwise, not much affected the level of propulsion.

Q: Any reason the jets might lose propulsion power? Mine don't seem to have much velocity.

Just got my used Jacuzzi Aero hooked up. A couple of issues have surfaced that I thought I'd toss out there for anyone that has seen this type of thing before.

1. Tub has a LED panel for adjusting the temperature and turning on lights and jets. Turned up panel to 104 degrees, but it really didn't feel that hot. Seems to me one should hardly be able to stand it at that temp. I'm planning to get a thermometer I can drop into the tub to compare.

Q: Do the thermostats get out of wack and give wrong readings? Anyone encountered something like this?

2. The control panel has a button for adjusting the jets: low, high or Off. It also has knobs at each corner for adjusting the jets at those locations. I've played with the adjustments to see how diverting all power to one corner by closing all the other locations might impact things. I even turned off the little waterfall. The only thing that really seemed to make a difference was turning off the waterfall. Otherwise, not much affected the level of propulsion.

Q: Any reason the jets might lose propulsion power? Mine don't seem to have much velocity.

Your two rpoblems may be related. If the filters are plugged or worn out they would stop the spa from heating and would effect your flow rates too.

Shut the power off to the spa and pull the filters out then make sure there is nothing floating around in the spa that could get drawn down the filter tube. Then start the sytem back up and check the flow from the jets.

On the heater end you will just have to watch the spa for a few hours to see if the temperature starts coming up on it unless you have an amperage meter and you know how to take an amperage reading.

Your two rpoblems may be related. If the filters are plugged or worn out they would stop the spa from heating and would effect your flow rates too.

Shut the power off to the spa and pull the filters out then make sure there is nothing floating around in the spa that could get drawn down the filter tube. Then start the sytem back up and check the flow from the jets.

On the heater end you will just have to watch the spa for a few hours to see if the temperature starts coming up on it unless you have an amperage meter and you know how to take an amperage reading.

I dropped an new filter into the unit, but I will check the filler tube to see if there's an obstruction.

I'll look into having the amperage checked.

Thanks, and I'll report back.

mrdman,

What did you find on your spa after checking the filters?

The filter was clean and appeared to be installed correctly. I am going to take a closer look tonight. I really didn't have much time to look into it. Thanks for the followup and I will be certain to keep you updated. I'm having a mechanically inclined hot tub owner/friend over tomorrow evening to check it out. I'll know a lot more then. Stay tuned.

The filter was clean and appeared to be installed correctly. I am going to take a closer look tonight. I really didn't have much time to look into it. Thanks for the followup and I will be certain to keep you updated. I'm having a mechanically inclined hot tub owner/friend over tomorrow evening to check it out. I'll know a lot more then. Stay tuned.

I hope that was the only problem for you. ;)

Do you have a diagram of how the pumps and jets are hooked up? That would be helpful in determining if there is a problem. ALso, diverter valves can get clogged, or the o-rings mis-installed. If you don't have any luck on your own, be sure to get your dealer involved - this is partly what you paid for.