Arctic Spa

jdouglas

Hello- we have been wet testing several spas over the last weeks and like the arctic spa cub model due to it's size (small) and appearance (natural wood). When we tested the cub the other day, the jets flew off and/or closed during operation- somewhat disconcerting to say the least given the cost of the unit. I called Arctic Spa to discuss this since the local dealer seemed pretty unhelpful and didn't seem to know what the problem was. Dan at Arctic said that they needed to be adjusted but couldn't explain why they would come from the factory like this. To make a long story short, my wife was at a home show today and was talking to a representative from master spas- they said that Arctic Spas was having a real problem with their jets and he wouldn't recommend buying one (of course this is a pretty biased response). So here is the dilema- we like the arctic spa but are not impressed with the fact that the jets flew off or closed during operation- does anyone have any experience with this issue or advice? Thanks-jfd.

Hello- we have been wet testing several spas over the last weeks and like the arctic spa cub model due to it's size (small) and appearance (natural wood). When we tested the cub the other day, the jets flew off and/or closed during operation- somewhat disconcerting to say the least given the cost of the unit. I called Arctic Spa to discuss this since the local dealer seemed pretty unhelpful and didn't seem to know what the problem was. Dan at Arctic said that they needed to be adjusted but couldn't explain why they would come from the factory like this. To make a long story short, my wife was at a home show today and was talking to a representative from master spas- they said that Arctic Spas was having a real problem with their jets and he wouldn't recommend buying one (of course this is a pretty biased response). So here is the dilema- we like the arctic spa but are not impressed with the fact that the jets flew off or closed during operation- does anyone have any experience with this issue or advice? Thanks-jfd.

I have heard that the jets had been a problem but I also believe it was stated that it has since been addressed so I wonder if you whether you were looking at a new '06 spa or whether it was an '05 floor model? I imagine an Arctic person can respond further but it may be important to know how new the spa you saw was.

I have heard that the jets had been a problem but I also believe it was stated that it has since been addressed so I wonder if you whether you were looking at a new '06 spa or whether it was an '05 floor model? I imagine an Arctic person can respond further but it may be important to know how new the spa you saw was.

I think jets are a problem with alot of spa's but how many flew out? I mean they should be warrantied for 5 years and if the guy from Artic said they need adjustments he obviously knew it was a problem and for the coming out of the factory like that he was just trying to act suprised because he didn't want there dealer to lose the sale for that minor problem. I wouldn't be too concerned about that given the dealer is reputable. I have never heard of that happening with artic jets but I am also a Coleman dealer. As for master spa that was def. a biased decision. Master has steel frame and an option for foam or not. They have alot of jets but the foot jet counts as 22 jets. They are both very well built spa's but I would recommend an artic over Master any day

I think jets are a problem with alot of spa's but how many flew out? I mean they should be warrantied for 5 years and if the guy from Artic said they need adjustments he obviously knew it was a problem and for the coming out of the factory like that he was just trying to act suprised because he didn't want there dealer to lose the sale for that minor problem. I wouldn't be too concerned about that given the dealer is reputable. I have never heard of that happening with artic jets but I am also a Coleman dealer. As for master spa that was def. a biased decision. Master has steel frame and an option for foam or not. They have alot of jets but the foot jet counts as 22 jets. They are both very well built spa's but I would recommend an artic over Master any day

I wasn't there but I believe that two- or three came out- the other problem was that during operation they would vibrate closed- good point about the model year- how can you tell what year it is? When I went back and wet test the cub model last night, one jet came out although in defence os the spa, the dealer had adjusted it just prior.

Watkins counts jets the same way. So what! Arctic makes there own jets in the past they blamed Baqua as being the result of jet and light lens failure. It could be that the jets were made wrong or wrong fittings this has happened to the waterway jets this year, but who is to say it won't happen with any spa company. Or the other senario is the dealer has a chemical balance problem.

TBK!

When I wet-tested an Arctic, one was popped out on one of the units. The dealer were not able to easily put it back in. Futhermore, I fear that they would break easily, as only a small tab holds them in place.

As far as the jets go, Dimension one has the best set-up I've seen so far. All the jets are adjustable (on/off), large in size, and seat very well into the orifice.

I actually posted somewhere else on this forum about the Arctic jet nozzles.

Hello Yes I will defend artic. We have had our artic frontier for a little over a month now. Yes we had had jets pop off at us. Why does this happen. As each of of use the spa and we use it a ton everybody has different taste as to how hard they like the jets to be set. As you adjust them it is very easy to go pass the cam lock setting and with the power of the water there you go. We have never opened the tub and saw a floating jet and when used properly and adjusted properly they all remain in all the time. I would think your dealer needs to do a better setup job on their tubs and after a person comes in to wet test make sure that they have not turned the jets pass the cam lok. We were also interested in the master tub before we made our purchase. Thank god sandy turned us on to artic spas. good luck. steve

I bought a cub designer model in November, no problem with jets and great dealer service. I wouldn't worry too much about the jets as they do have a great warranty, but it doesn't sound like the local dealer is much help and with any tub that is half the sale IMHO. Otherwise, i love my tub and have not had one single problem, with daily use of a minimum 20 minutes, more often around the 1hr plus mark.

The only time a jet has come loose in my (3 month old) Arctic Frontier is when I've turned it out of the cam lock position as Turbott1 explained upthread. No sweat puttin' it back in even WITH the turbulence.

A couple of my pillows float free when there is considerable "wave action". So, I take them out.

I'm still very annoyed with the noise from the pump motor.

But I still LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watkins counts jets the same way. So what! Arctic makes there own jets in the past they blamed Baqua as being the result of jet and light lens failure. It could be that the jets were made wrong or wrong fittings this has happened to the waterway jets this year, but who is to say it won't happen with any spa company. Or the other senario is the dealer has a chemical balance problem.

TBK!

Watkins counts lines not jets, they do not exagerate their jet count like some manufacturers. A soothing seven jet is counted as one jet. A moto massage is one jet unless it is the double, then it's two.

...We like the arctic spa but are not impressed with the fact that the jets flew off or closed during operation- does anyone have any experience with this issue or advice? Thanks-jfd.

A comment from James Keirstead, one of the owners of Arctic Spas:

"...Most of the companies out there were having the same problem, since they buy jets from Waterways or other similar manufacturers and when we used Waterways it also occurred. We have designed a new jet barrel that is stronger and that fits better and we have been replacing--under warranty--any jets that gave problems. "

Happy spa hunting

Tom

A comment from James Keirstead, one of the owners of Arctic Spas:

"...Most of the companies out there were having the same problem, since they buy jets from Waterways or other similar manufacturers and when we used Waterways it also occurred. We have designed a new jet barrel that is stronger and that fits better and we have been replacing--under warranty--any jets that gave problems. "

Happy spa hunting

Tom

That is awsome. I dont think the jets are a continuing issue and from above here sounds great.

Hello Yes I will defend artic. We have had our artic frontier for a little over a month now. Yes we had had jets pop off at us. Why does this happen. As each of of use the spa and we use it a ton everybody has different taste as to how hard they like the jets to be set. As you adjust them it is very easy to go pass the cam lock setting and with the power of the water there you go. We have never opened the tub and saw a floating jet and when used properly and adjusted properly they all remain in all the time. I would think your dealer needs to do a better setup job on their tubs and after a person comes in to wet test make sure that they have not turned the jets pass the cam lok. We were also interested in the master tub before we made our purchase. Thank god sandy turned us on to artic spas. good luck. steve

That is a good point, the cam lock is easy to break through, so the remedy is make the cam locks thicker and that is what jet manufacturers are learning to do off the bat. I know Coleman was having the same problem and pentair got smart and started making that tab thicker and we havn't had too many problems after that.

Thanks everyone for your straightforward opinions. I am impressed with Arctic Spas consideration to actually answer such a post personally. However, given issues with the local dealer, we decided to chose a different manufacturer and have placed a deposit on a Cladera spa. Thanks again- much appreciated- jfd.

Thanks everyone for your straightforward opinions. I am impressed with Arctic Spas consideration to actually answer such a post personally. However, given issues with the local dealer, we decided to chose a different manufacturer and have placed a deposit on a Cladera spa. Thanks again- much appreciated- jfd.

You need to be comfortable with the company that you are doing business with. The Caldera is a good brand congratulations.

Watkins counts lines not jets, they do not exagerate their jet count like some manufacturers. A soothing seven jet is counted as one jet. A moto massage is one jet unless it is the double, then it's two.

Exaggerated jet counts? Do you mean like Master counting 30 nozzles in their 2 MasterBlaster jets as individual jets? Indeed they do. Did I feel like I was being mislead? No. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. But one thing you and everyone else that cries about Master's jet count forgets (or doesn't know or chooses to ignore) is that the power of 1 entire pump can be diverted to these 2/30 jets. So tell it like it is and quit crying so much.

Exaggerated jet counts? Do you mean like Master counting 30 nozzles in their 2 MasterBlaster jets as individual jets? Indeed they do. Did I feel like I was being mislead? No. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. But one thing you and everyone else that cries about Master's jet count forgets (or doesn't know or chooses to ignore) is that the power of 1 entire pump can be diverted to these 2/30 jets. So tell it like it is and quit crying so much.

Its interesting to me that you had to be the one that brought Masters name into it. Guzz did not mention a manufacturer.

It may not take a rocket scientist to figure that out but a lot of consumers just accept what is thrown out there at face value. I dont care if you can divert one pump to those jets it sounds to me like your the one crying here.

Its interesting to me that you had to be the one that brought Masters name into it. Guzz did not mention a manufacturer.

It may not take a rocket scientist to figure that out but a lot of consumers just accept what is thrown out there at face value. I dont care if you can divert one pump to those jets it sounds to me like your the one crying here.

Name another manufacturer that routinely elicits crying regarding jet count advertising.

Theres plenty of them that play that game. Coleman, Catalina, Clearwater. I'm sure you could find more.

Interesting.....I've never heard anyone cry about jet count advertising unless they were referring to Master. If you could possibly enlighten me regarding Coleman, Catalina, Clearwater and any of the countless manufacturers that seem to get under your skin (there's quite a few, huh?) then I would appreciate the education.

I did not mention a manufacturer on purpose, but there are some jet counting games going on out there. When I was at the Atlantic City Pool & Spa show in January There was one particular Manufacturer displaying a spa with a sign next to it. I can't remember the exact figure, but on the sign it said the spa had a jet count of 178/116. When I asked the what that meant I was told the spa had 178 jets but actually only 116? At least they were honest about it.

Interesting.....I've never heard anyone cry about jet count advertising unless they were referring to Master. If you could possibly enlighten me regarding Coleman, Catalina, Clearwater and any of the countless manufacturers that seem to get under your skin (there's quite a few, huh?) then I would appreciate the education.

As I said there are plenty of them out there. They dont get under my skin. This is one issue that I really dont take as a serious issue. If you look around you will find all kinds of jet counts that are (in my opinion) not accurate. One example you can find right now is the Costco spas. They list the number of jets they have and if you read the breakdown you'll see some of them say air. What this means is they are counting every air injector as a jet. In fact if you look through the threads someone posted some pictures that show a Costco spa with the price and a list of what is on the spa and you can see for yourself.

As I said there are plenty of them out there. They dont get under my skin. This is one issue that I really dont take as a serious issue. If you look around you will find all kinds of jet counts that are (in my opinion) not accurate. One example you can find right now is the Costco spas. They list the number of jets they have and if you read the breakdown you'll see some of them say air. What this means is they are counting every air injector as a jet. In fact if you look through the threads someone posted some pictures that show a Costco spa with the price and a list of what is on the spa and you can see for yourself.

Once again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see through the advertising--especially where jet count is concerned. It's not too hard to count'em. But rant on if you must....

Once again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see through the advertising--especially where jet count is concerned. It's not too hard to count'em. But rant on if you must....

Unfortunately you totally missed the point. AGAIN! First you get irritated that someone mentioned jet count and you go off on some tangent about Master spa when Master wasnt even mentioned.

Dont ask for information and then act as though I'm ranting about what you asked for!