Cal Spa Classic Series: Opinions Please, Good Or No Good?

WooBah

Hi all. I am in the process of trying to buy a spa. One of the local dealers has Cal Spa's on special right now. The two models that I am looking at are the Cal Spa Classic Series CS36 and the Classic Series CS22. Both are seven seat spas. Does anyone have opinions on these two spas? Good, no good, decent, terrible?

Thank you.

Hi all. I am in the process of trying to buy a spa. One of the local dealers has Cal Spa's on special right now. The two models that I am looking at are the Cal Spa Classic Series CS36 and the Classic Series CS22. Both are seven seat spas. Does anyone have opinions on these two spas? Good, no good, decent, terrible?

Thank you.

I too lookeda the Cal spa classic series. I was not impressed at all. By far it was dead last out of 15 plus spas I tried out. They poor construction and were not even remotely close to being a good deal. I would pass. There are too many better built tubs that are cheaper and atleast for me a whole lot more comfortable. I realize comfort is a matter of perspective. However, you must wet test. The cal was very comfortable dry but was the worst wet. Thats my .02 cents. BTW, worst dont describe the shotty build quality of Cal spas. I was least impressed with their quality.

I too lookeda the Cal spa classic series. I was not impressed at all. By far it was dead last out of 15 plus spas I tried out. They poor construction and were not even remotely close to being a good deal. I would pass. There are too many better built tubs that are cheaper and atleast for me a whole lot more comfortable. I realize comfort is a matter of perspective. However, you must wet test. The cal was very comfortable dry but was the worst wet. Thats my .02 cents. BTW, worst dont describe the shotty build quality of Cal spas. I was least impressed with their quality.

Cal is a Bell and Whistle spa with poor construction I think. Firstimer has good knowledge and just wet tested 12 spas. Why dont you take a look at Elite, La, Coleman ect...

Thank you.

Cal spa is a cheaper built spa so as long as you know upfront what you are getting it really depends on what price you get it for, How good the dealer is about servicing the product, how comfortable the spa is.

In my opinion you would be better off spending a little more and buying a better built spa that will give you better performance and will last longer.

I would stick with the top manufacturers, Sundance, Hot Spring, D1, Marquis, Coleman.

We work on them all. My opinion.

What spas do you feel offered the best value and quality? Thank you.

What spas do you feel offered the best value and quality? Thank you.

There is no real answer as to who is the "best". Many times people talk about their top 5 (I've done it many times) but sometimes it is just as important to ask what spa makers have less than great reputations and Cal Spas makes many people's "other" list due to quality and service as you'll see if you do a wide search of the net. If you get with the right dealer they may be a decent option but make sure you dot your i's ...

Cal spa is great, just find the one you fit in the best

woobah, there was a good reply by spatech. A good dealer can go along way but in some respect I must disagree. The spa plays a large role. I dont care at how easy a dealer is on fixing a spa if it breaks 5 times in a yesr. I did look for a dealer that works on their own spas. As for the answer to your question about what spas wer good deals. I must answer this cautuiously since value is really only in the eyes of the be-holder. I found the LA spa brad to be one of the best for not cutting corners, offering all the options the way i wanted them, having one of the best jet setups (size of jets, not bushing a ton of small jets in to increase jet count), and most important it was comfortable. The last thing mentions is truely a matter of opinion. You must test and find out. Value is alo only relative to a certain price point. Some of the tubs that I was very pleased with were ELITE by maxx, Coleman by MAAX (smae maker as Elite, however I found the elite more comfortable), D1 and bullfrog. These are some of my favorites. The last 2 were very expensive for what you go and played heavily in my descision. I was truely unimpressed with the D1 for the price. Dont get me wrong, its a nice tub but there are so many better tubs out there for less. The bullfrog was an enjoyable tub but too pricey and kind of gimmike wuith the jet pack. Al I can say is to test the differnt brands for yourself. Because there is no deal out there that is a good deal if you are not comfortable in it.

Cal is a Bell and Whistle spa with poor construction I think. Firstimer has good knowledge and just wet tested 12 spas. Why dont you take a look at Elite, La, Coleman ect...

Cal spa is great, just find the one you fit in the best

Come on Brulan....your giving conflicting info here.

Woobah, what others are in your area and in your price range.

I dont particularly like Cal spa for reasons of I think is poorly constructed but I didn't say that the seating was uncompfortable. :unsure:

Your postings on this subject were comical.

The original question on 3/19/06 was:

“The two models that I am looking at are the Cal Spa Classic Series CS36 and the Classic Series CS22… Does anyone have opinions on these two spas?"

You responded with the following on 3/19/06:

“Cal is a Bell and Whistle spa with poor construction I think.”

And then a few posts later on 3/19/06 the question was asked:

“What spas do you feel offered the best value and quality? Thank you.”

To which you responded on 3/20/06:

“Cal spa is great, just find the one you fit in the best”

Good continuity!!!

Your postings on this subject were comical.

The original question on 3/19/06 was:

“The two models that I am looking at are the Cal Spa Classic Series CS36 and the Classic Series CS22… Does anyone have opinions on these two spas?"

You responded with the following on 3/19/06:

“Cal is a Bell and Whistle spa with poor construction I think.”

And then a few posts later on 3/19/06 the question was asked:

“What spas do you feel offered the best value and quality? Thank you.”

To which you responded on 3/20/06:

“Cal spa is great, just find the one you fit in the best”

Good continuity!!!

Cal spa has nice little squirty water falls or is that leisure bay. Either way the dealer around me that sells both of those brands is in chp. 11. :blink:

Just because it has poorer construction doesn't mean the tub isn't compfortable.

yeh, I sat in a comfortable rickshaw once, it wasn't well consructed but it got you there. No horse power just one man power, a litttle slow and it wasn't insulated.

yeh, I sat in a comfortable rickshaw once, it wasn't well consructed but it got you there. No horse power just one man power, a litttle slow and it wasn't insulated.

All Spas are built fundamentally the same, what most dealers on this forum don't tell you is that Cal Spas is a very large competitor. In virtually every market. The main reason to be concerned with buying a spa is not only the product but how well the dealer takes care of its customers. That is the hardest thing to determine. Every company in this industry has had some issue with its product. After all whats so different between them. If there was a big difference you would not have individuals making up stories about other brands, and you would not have this forum for them to vent about how bad other brands are. Confidence about the brand you carry is what sells not negative words of products that look like yours.

TBK!

All Spas are built fundamentally the same, what most dealers on this forum don't tell you is that Cal Spas is a very large competitor. In virtually every market. The main reason to be concerned with buying a spa is not only the product but how well the dealer takes care of its customers. That is the hardest thing to determine. Every company in this industry has had some issue with its product. After all whats so different between them. If there was a big difference you would not have individuals making up stories about other brands, and you would not have this forum for them to vent about how bad other brands are. Confidence about the brand you carry is what sells not negative words of products that look like yours.

TBK!

I agree, a good company/ dealer/ manufacturer, is one that takes care of it's customers when problems arise.