Hot Tubs And Spas

I live in Windsor, Ontario and this is my first time looking for a spa. The ones that they sell in my area are Bullfrog, Beachcomber, Catalina, Sunrise and Saratoga. Can anyone give me some feed back as to which ones would be better than others? I am looking for a spa that seats 6-7 people comfortably and with enough foot room as well. Looking for all the input I can get!

I live in Windsor, Ontario and this is my first time looking for a spa. The ones that they sell in my area are Bullfrog, Beachcomber, Catalina, Sunrise and Saratoga. Can anyone give me some feed back as to which ones would be better than others? I am looking for a spa that seats 6-7 people comfortably and with enough foot room as well. Looking for all the input I can get!

Catalina is extremely nice but costly. Bullfrog is nice with those jet packs and how you can choose which ones you want and they are interchangeable. Beachcomber is also nice. If I could afford a Catalina I would def. get one of those a 6 or 7 seater as a 1st choice with all the bells and whistes. Bullfrog I would get 2nd because they have a good price and a wider diversity of jet arrangements and interchangeable parts. They have better warranties than catalina and the cabinet on the bullfrog is plastic and catalina has there own redwood forest in northern Cali where they use the same wood for there boats. I happen to be a Coleman dealer but with the tubs you gave me that you have accessable I chose those two spas. Also important is dealer reputation and how long they have been around because the spa is 1/2 the purchase and the back up service and warranties are key with any spa you sell. Try to stick with a store that sells only one line of spas that way the chances they hold that line of spas for a long period of time is good. Well good luck

Catalina is extremely nice but costly. Bullfrog is nice with those jet packs and how you can choose which ones you want and they are interchangeable. Beachcomber is also nice. If I could afford a Catalina I would def. get one of those a 6 or 7 seater as a 1st choice with all the bells and whistes. Bullfrog I would get 2nd because they have a good price and a wider diversity of jet arrangements and interchangeable parts. They have better warranties than catalina and the cabinet on the bullfrog is plastic and catalina has there own redwood forest in northern Cali where they use the same wood for there boats. I happen to be a Coleman dealer but with the tubs you gave me that you have accessable I chose those two spas. Also important is dealer reputation and how long they have been around because the spa is 1/2 the purchase and the back up service and warranties are key with any spa you sell. Try to stick with a store that sells only one line of spas that way the chances they hold that line of spas for a long period of time is good. Well good luck

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will definately take it into consideration when choosing a spa. The Bullfrog and the Beachcomber are sold at the same place where the others mentioned are each sold at different locations. Would you say that its better to get a plastic cabinet than a wood one as Catalina sells their cabinets in both materials. I was informed that if I do choose wood that it would have to be stained every year.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will definately take it into consideration when choosing a spa. The Bullfrog and the Beachcomber are sold at the same place where the others mentioned are each sold at different locations. Would you say that its better to get a plastic cabinet than a wood one as Catalina sells their cabinets in both materials. I was informed that if I do choose wood that it would have to be stained every year.

I would go with the plastic because I dont like maintanance. I didnt know Catalina gave you a choice. Catalina is kick ass georgious. As long as the warranties are good and they are non-prorated than you are fine. Make sure the dealer of Catalina has in-house service technicians and they dont sub out there work because that could be a problem in the future. Does catalina dealer sell other spas. Keep that into consideration because one company dealers have a better relationship with there Manufacturer. Good luck

I would go with the plastic because I dont like maintanance. I didnt know Catalina gave you a choice. Catalina is kick ass georgious. As long as the warranties are good and they are non-prorated than you are fine. Make sure the dealer of Catalina has in-house service technicians and they dont sub out there work because that could be a problem in the future. Does catalina dealer sell other spas. Keep that into consideration because one company dealers have a better relationship with there Manufacturer. Good luck

The Catalina dealer in our city only sells Catalina spas but a vast series of their spas such as Catalina, Celebrity, SS and XL Series. I do love the look of the Mahogany wood even though the plasic version would be easier to take care of. I am leaning towards the Ventura Spa but it isn't as deep as some of the newer versions they have. Is deeper better when it comes to purchasing a spa? There will be a variety of shapes and sizes that will be going into our spa and just as many men as women. Since our winters are usually fairly cold, unlike this year, I'm assuming that deeper would be a good thing where winter is concerned.

The Catalina dealer in our city only sells Catalina spas but a vast series of their spas such as Catalina, Celebrity, SS and XL Series. I do love the look of the Mahogany wood even though the plasic version would be easier to take care of. I am leaning towards the Ventura Spa but it isn't as deep as some of the newer versions they have. Is deeper better when it comes to purchasing a spa? There will be a variety of shapes and sizes that will be going into our spa and just as many men as women. Since our winters are usually fairly cold, unlike this year, I'm assuming that deeper would be a good thing where winter is concerned.

No one can tell you which of those brands will be the most comfortable for you. If money is no object I would start testing them dry first to narrow your choises and then even wet to make sure the feel is right.

I'd just like to add something on synthetic vs cedar cabinets. While you may have to stain the cedar cabinet each year, it looks a lot nicer (IMO), and the smell of cedar, that relaxing scent of it, just adds to the enjoyable tubbing experience (again, IMO). But if you like low maintainence, synthetic is a viable option.

I'd just like to add something on synthetic vs cedar cabinets. While you may have to stain the cedar cabinet each year, it looks a lot nicer (IMO), and the smell of cedar, that relaxing scent of it, just adds to the enjoyable tubbing experience (again, IMO). But if you like low maintainence, synthetic is a viable option.

I like real wood when the spas are new for sure but I also see spas that are a few years old and older and for that reason I like the synthetic (or at least many of the synthetcis as some of them are not so great too).

The only 2 concerns for a deep spa I think is the water over your chin and a standard gate going into a backyard in my area is 36" wide so a 40" spa or so would have a hard time going through the into the backyard unless a section of the fence comes off. Besides that its cool

[/quot

I live in Chatham,Ontario,and i bought the best one from Marquis and would strongly recomend it .

[/quot

I live in Chatham,Ontario,and i bought the best one from Marquis and would strongly recomend it .

I love the Bullfrog. The quality is great and the diversity is great. I highly recomend that spa for the money. Catalina is georgious but very high priced.

I love the Bullfrog. The quality is great and the diversity is great. I highly recomend that spa for the money. Catalina is georgious but very high priced.

So far, I've only actually seen the Bullfrog (Beachcomber is at the same place but they haven't come in yet) and Catalina's, both very nice. The only thing that I don't like about the Bullfrog is that the seats are all the same height. Catalina has more of a footwell. I haven't sat in anything yet, just observing everything. Eye candy for sure! I wanted to get more information from people before I actually went out and started asking some serious questions. I want to be a bit more knowledgeable about spas so that I can make a wise decision in choosing one.

So far, I've only actually seen the Bullfrog (Beachcomber is at the same place but they haven't come in yet) and Catalina's, both very nice. The only thing that I don't like about the Bullfrog is that the seats are all the same height. Catalina has more of a footwell. I haven't sat in anything yet, just observing everything. Eye candy for sure! I wanted to get more information from people before I actually went out and started asking some serious questions. I want to be a bit more knowledgeable about spas so that I can make a wise decision in choosing one.

R-value on each tub, jet placement, comfortability(actually sitting), warranties, dealer reputation or dealer references, pump power, full foam or not and adv. and disadv of both, Do you care more about entertainment or therapy needs (barrier and nonbarrier seating), More bells and whistles(Catalina), Better looking(Catalina) in my opinion. Goodluck