Inground Spa Vs Portable Spa

geoprmbc

Hello all

My wife and I are gearing up to purchase a spa. We are not planning on moving anytime within the next 10 years. What are the pros and cons of an inground spa vs a portable spa. We have looked at Sundance (we like the Marin and see it can be placed inground). We have also looked at masterpa, hydrospa, coleman, and artic . We have not wet tested anything , yet in the portable. Thanks

Hello all

My wife and I are gearing up to purchase a spa. We are not planning on moving anytime within the next 10 years. What are the pros and cons of an inground spa vs a portable spa. We have looked at Sundance (we like the Marin and see it can be placed inground). We have also looked at masterpa, hydrospa, coleman, and artic . We have not wet tested anything , yet in the portable. Thanks

any spa can be built in. it will require drainage and ventalation and easy access for repair to most systems on the spa.

a true inground spa can use a much better filter system and a bigger heater. the pipes need to be well insulated and if the spa is in a cold climate the equipment should be inside.

Jeff@poolguy.com

any spa can be built in. it will require drainage and ventalation and easy access for repair to most systems on the spa.

a true inground spa can use a much better filter system and a bigger heater. the pipes need to be well insulated and if the spa is in a cold climate the equipment should be inside.

Jeff@poolguy.com

The cost of running an oil or propane heater is significantly more money than having a self contained unit like a Sundance, Coleman, ect... with your electrical hookup. You need plumbing for built in spa and Most areas require a permit for a built in spa depending on the state you live in or town for that matter. A self contained spa is considered portable and no permit is neccessary. In my opinion you are better off with a self job and putting it in ground if you need it that way. Access is important so a service guy can get in there if he has too but usually only on two sides. If money isn't an issue than you can totally engrave it. Pick the top three spas you like the most to wet test and make sure you look into the dealers track record he should be able to show you some references if they have been around for a while. Good luck and let us know how you make out.