Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

My wife and I are considering purchasing the Infinity Sun Peak tub from Costco (it is still available in a different color scheme). My wife insists on seeing it in person before buying and Infinity tells us they have no dealers in Oregon.

Is there anyone who has an Infinity Sun Peak -- or an infinity Dundee, which I am told is made from the same mold -- that is located anywhere in Oregon or southern Washington that would be amenable to arranging a visit so that we could look at your tub? We are located on the Oregon coast in the little town of Wheeler, but we are willing to go anywhere within a few hours drive.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TravelingSpaGuy

Hot tub companies all buy jets from one of two companies.

So then the Infinity SunPeak uses the same parts as a tub costing thousands more.

Could it be.........................DEALER MARK UP A LITTLE HIGHER?

TravelingSpaGuy

Costco's marketing department finds a small manufacturer who doesn’t break down territories because it’s not worried about customer service. Wait a second Have you read the posts about how fast Costco and Infinity responds. Use your tub for 1 or 2 years and then only have to pay the shipping to return and Costco gives you your money back if you are dissatisfied. Yes I guess this is bad customer service. I am sure a Dealer would do better!

TravelingSpaGuy

Most dealers make 15-20% margins .If you have wanted to buy a hot tub you have probably visited showrooms, wet tested and went to spa sales. At first the dealer hits you with a high price of $12000 or $8500 and after haggling drops the tub to $10000 or $6500 if you are a good negotiator. The tub still is not worth anywhere near this price This price covers the high overhead of the dealers showrooms, the expense accounts of the traveling company representatives as they travel the country trying to sell there tubs. Then there are the bonuses paid out and then the high style living of the owners of the company.

TravelingSpaGuy

Does not have any special engineering staff

It is more cost efficient to have an engineer as a consultant. Design the tub engineer the flow and build it. One does not need to pay an engineer to be on the company payroll 365 days of the year. We are not building the space shuttle this is just a reservoir of water with one or more water pumps...not exactly rocket science.

TravelingSpaGuy

Balancing your Ph level is no easy task .I can’t even respond to this as, this is such a ridiculous statement. This is a typical response that you will get from a dealer when you balk at the high price it, is a scare tactic dealers use.

Ask the person were you buy your chemicals from he or she will be more than happy to help you as they want to keep you as a customer and I am sure that if you search the internet you will be find the information. IT IS NOT DIFFICULT!

TravelingSpaGuy

Infiniti is using generic Ozone’s can’t comment on this as I am not sure what manufacturer or model they use but, if its not great they are not that expensive or hard to retrofit as long as you can use a screwdriver and a knife oh, and you don’t even have to be an engineer or a so called spa technician.

I do know that two of the best controllers on the market are Geko and Balboa and guess what the Infinity SunPeak uses a Balboa M7.

If you have recently purchased a new Mercedes or a sub zero refrigerators this is possibly not the tub for you. In fact it is likely you would not even be looking at this tub.

All in all if you are looking for a decent tub with lots of upgrades at a very reasonable price this is the tub for you. Affordable with 100% guarantee and the warranty is better than any dealer would give you. I have really checked out tubs and this is the best buy I have come across even, if you don’t get the $600.00 sale price it is still a deal. Should you have any problems from my experience Costco is a very easy and reputable company to deal with and, if you have not purchased their stock yet check it out.

All in all I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my tub and I can still afford my daughters university tuition and a vacation this year and look forward to relaxing in my tub.

Bond...your responses to travelingspaguy echo'd my thoughts exactly. My wife and I enjoyed a very relaxing time in the spa last night with no thougths of whether I was in a BMW or a KIA. In fact, travelingspaguy reminds me of a car salesman that is trying to convince someone that people who pay more for their cars are happier with their purchase. :huh:

I'd like to keep the post objective if possible and refrain from the speculative opinions and illogical conclusions from sources that have a potential negative personal financial impact in the case that Costco begins eating up market share in the industry.

I looked on Costco's site again and still do not see the Sun Peak, but they do have the Sterling with Mahogany Cabinet, which appears to be identical in features/parts, but different in color.

A little more info on the tub I can share. I did a little tub shopping a week before the sale started and spoke with a local tub builder, a younger guy who's family has been in the business for 30 years. He was incredibly knowledgeable and showed me his spa building operations. He builds high end, cadilac models for the most part (very nice! Cabinets were incredible and details like led lighting were meticulous) and said that he could build me something for 4K with 26 jets and fairly bare boned on the extras. I told him about the Costco tub and he said they have to be trimming costs somewhere, and thought it may be in the quality of the pumps etc. Well, I called him after I ordered the Sun Peak and told him I had to take the chance with the features/price the sun peak had but I wanted to use him to trim it level and install the cover lifter (he is a service place too and I wanted to get him some $$$ for the learnings I gained from him). When he and his crew came out, he looked it over...took off a couple of jets, inspected the tub pretty well, and said that I got a great deal. The cabinet is definitely where the biggest cost cutting was, but the jets, filter and other parts he examined were from a reputable mfg. My understanding is that if something goes wrong, Sun Peak will contract locally to get it fixed. My hope is they will let him take care of issues if they arise...it seems that knowing a good spa guy is like knowing a good mechanic.

Also, for those who have ordered and await delivery. The local company delivering the tub wanted $300 to move it to my back yard. I passed on that, but paid the guys delivering it $40 to put it where I needed it (about a 150 extra ft). I can't say that all the delivery crews will do this, but I think it is worth a try to save ~$250.

Stay objective and Happy Tubbing!

I own a Costco Elite spa and as you are well aware, Dealers here absolutely loath the Costco sales aproach even to the point of a few here that feel Hotsprings is the best spa out there until Costco decides to sell it then these same people now bash the spa sold through Costco!

The spas sold through Costco are generaly priced thousands less then any dealer sold spa in general. My spa is directly comparable to Clearwater spa costing 10k while my Costco spa was only 4K! The Clearwater salesman bashed away at the Costco spa but in vain as it used the exact same jets, pumps and controlls.

I would get the Infiniti SUn Peak spa without any reservations at all and know you got a great deal on a quality spa!

What are you getting at?? With only 3 post on this board Id watch who you call out.

Id love to see what happen after a year or 2 if you went to Costco and said you want to return it. Im pretty sure they'd laugh at you. Other people on this forum have done the research and their is a time limit to a spa return and only on defect not because you decide your dissatisfied with the tub.

So far you have come on to this forum with no real purpose.(Probably Soaker under another name) Rember one thing when people come on these forum they are usually looking for info on chems or tub problems there wouldnt be any reliable info without us industry types on here. The board would consist of Online buyers and Big Box spa purchasers posting to each other "I have a problem" the response would be "maybe try this" the next Thread would be All my jets dissolved. The response would be "I dont know why, maybe go to a local store & get it tested" With out the industry folk on here the forum would be like NASCAR- constanly going in circles and every so often a spectacular crash where stuff gets destroyed.

What are you getting at?? With only 3 post on this board Id watch who you call out.

Id love to see what happen after a year or 2 if you went to Costco and said you want to return it. Im pretty sure they'd laugh at you. Other people on this forum have done the research and their is a time limit to a spa return and only on defect not because you decide your dissatisfied with the tub.

So far you have come on to this forum with no real purpose.(Probably Soaker under another name) Rember one thing when people come on these forum they are usually looking for info on chems or tub problems there wouldnt be any reliable info without us industry types on here. The board would consist of Online buyers and Big Box spa purchasers posting to each other "I have a problem" the response would be "maybe try this" the next Thread would be All my jets dissolved. The response would be "I dont know why, maybe go to a local store & get it tested" With out the industry folk on here the forum would be like NASCAR- constanly going in circles and every so often a spectacular crash where stuff gets destroyed.

Only problem is your reply is always.....you get a lesser spa from Coscto.

Costco spa= you got what you payed for and return it is your advice.

Watch who you call out. and sorry that your store has nothing to compete with what this poster purchased so you go into bashing mode. The reality is your store would laugh at this guy the next day should he try to return your spa! Costco will take it back because unlike most spa stores, they actually are a company of integrity. Get real and let him enjoy a good spa without you tarnishing his experiance unless you feel that he is yet another uninformed spa purchaser that needs to be sold a more expensive spa and he won't ever enjoy a less expensive spa.

Bond-Sony makes three different models of the same size TV, they are all different prices...just because you get something from the same company doesnt mean you got a quality product.

YES THE DEALER MARK UP IS HIGHER THEN COSTCO. But an average spa nets a profit of 1000 for a dealer, if the dealer has to warranty the spa he loses some of that profit. Costco is making maybe 500? Maybe more maybe less, the reason Costco doesnt care is because they never have to worry about losing money because of warranty work because a third party company is coming to fix your spa, who probably doesnt stock parts, charges a trip charge of 50-100 dollars even if its a 10 dollar part. And taking care of a spa is more then checking your PH...I hope your spa turns green and I see you wondering why on this board.

As far as paying me for traveling, that is just for special events were we will be doing higher volume. Costco spends how much money in advertising, payroll, location, ect ect ect....do they need to make a profit on the hot tub...no because they dont do anything but collect the money. A company who sits there and collects the money and subs everything else out your claiming gives good customer service.

99% of manufactures dont install ozones, which means a generic 20 dollar ozone with injector would be installed by delivery staff more then likely...I am semi sure this tub does not come with a circ pump meaning it is then released directly into the tub...ozone being a gas that loves to eat covers and pillows not being broken down in plumming before being set free on expensive peices of your spa COSTCO DOES NOT SELL OR SERVICE can lead to higher costs per month.

Do I hate Costco for selling cheap tubs and because its "Costco" , Yes, everything thinks they are getting amazing deal when they are just buying a cheap tub for cheaper then a dealer would sell it for. Not that much cheaper to boot, I am working against Cal Spas right now who has a 2500 4 person tub, or a 3999 39 jet stereo led tub.....wow great deal or cheap tub? CHEAP TUB.

Consumers keep feeding themselves a line of crap thinking dealers are getting rich off a hot tub...the store is usually paid for by chemical dollars Bond, the Tubs are what make the company money but usually the space and ect is paid for by chemical sales. Part of the reason the economy has gotten so bad is because of low overhead internet sales. Most of overhead in companies is payroll...but customers keep falling for the "Im getting raped by local dealers"...for 1 year we tried low no haggle pricing for a dealer I worked for in Denver Colorado and our sales FELL. Consumers have to feel like they are getting a deal, and because Costco has cheap tubs they feel that way without having to haggle...but customers would DEMAND more money off a spa that was already as low as it could go, not because they couldnt afford the extra 100, or it made a difference, they wanted to feel like they won the battle of the negotiation. Its not the dealers fault we have to start at 10000 on a 9000 spa ect, its the customers because they wouldnt buy the product if they thought they getting the same deal as every other joe.

Bond you married? You buy your wifes wedding ring from Costco? TV? Watch? Anything you own that you value that you have botten because it was higher quality and knew that quality wouldnt be available at a costco?

Maybe you should stop preaching about how great Costco Spas are until its in your home...and even then Hot tubs are fun to sit in, they are wonderful to use so everyone likes it...wait a year, or goto a dealership who sells d1, hotsprings or sundance, even jacuzzi or caldera, any of those and try out a nice tub and tell us which one feels better...tell us how much your energy bill went up from last year at same time. How about what the water smells and feels like during use and after you get out. These all play a roll in peoples happiness and your chances or spa happiness are down because pure and simply you are cheap.

sorry for long reply because it probably made no sense...I do dislike costco, I worked for a dealership in denver who was open for 34 years, wonderful service, great place, community loved this company...now this company is in bad standing in BBB, bounces checks, is under collections and down to one small store were the owner and wife and hanging on by a thread. They sold Sundance Spas for 25 years, and because of Costco, Sams Club and internet spa sales are so bad this company everyone used to love is pretty much dead...customers wernt being ripped off, they were buying a quality spa for a fair price, but because people like you who recommend the cheapest approach, the person who critisizes people who buy quality because they could have got it cheaper, people think Costco is a good model.

sorry for long reply because it probably made no sense...I do dislike costco, I worked for a dealership in denver who was open for 34 years, wonderful service, great place, community loved this company...now this company is in bad standing in BBB, bounces checks, is under collections and down to one small store were the owner and wife and hanging on by a thread. They sold Sundance Spas for 25 years, and because of Costco, Sams Club and internet spa sales are so bad this company everyone used to love is pretty much dead...customers wernt being ripped off, they were buying a quality spa for a fair price, but because people like you who recommend the cheapest approach, the person who critisizes people who buy quality because they could have got it cheaper, people think Costco is a good model.

Thanks for being honest, you feel Costco is like the Walmart theory to small buisiness.

From your point one can see why you feel they way you do but the only issue I have is the spa in question is not a low end spa and does have a warranty and backing.

Costco is a good model for the employees and the community and offers great products at substantial discounts to the members, We pay for that through our membership.

Hey TravelingSpaGuy

if Costco as you say put this dealer out of buissness in Dever I shouldnt worry.

All those people who purchased all those cheap poorly built spas will be giving Costco such a bad rap that Iam sure that Denver will have lots of new dealers opening up and doing a flury of buissness.

Only problem is your reply is always.....you get a lesser spa from Coscto.

Costco spa= you got what you payed for and return it is your advice.

Watch who you call out. and sorry that your store has nothing to compete with what this poster purchased so you go into bashing mode. The reality is your store would laugh at this guy the next day should he try to return your spa! Costco will take it back because unlike most spa stores, they actually are a company of integrity. Get real and let him enjoy a good spa without you tarnishing his experiance unless you feel that he is yet another uninformed spa purchaser that needs to be sold a more expensive spa and he won't ever enjoy a less expensive spa.

Once again you dont read other posts. In an earlier post I mentioned that I do have a 30 return policy at my store. Once again I will mention I have no problem with people buying a tub from Costco. I have an issue of you always saying that you saved thousands of dollars. It was your choice to choose the lesser expensive spa.

Bring me a quotes where I continually say bring it back. Acording the platinum brocure and product catalogue it clearly states a balboa VS series pack not EL. I didnt even mention anything to the poster in this thread, it was pointed at your response. So I hope you and your new friend keep up your little remarks. Since it only make the two of you look bad not the rest of us. So do you both work at Costco? Since soaker you never stated what you did for a living to be such an authority about Costco and the inner workings.

Costco doesn't sell junk is correct. If they have a issue they simply stop carrying that product either due to crummy service or a sub par product.

Your second sentence TOTALLY invalidates your first sentence. If they never sold junk then they would never have a subpar product to have to stop carrying.

Costco's return policy is not an indication of the quality of the product. They hold the manufacturer to their return policy and the manufacturer pays the price if quality is poor. Sometimes they do carry poor quality products and as you indicated "If they have a issue they simply stop carrying that product either due to crummy service or a sub par product."

Costco doesnt sell junk for sure...in fact..my only real issue with Platinum/Hydro spa is customer service. In fact, Kelowna, BC Costco stopped carrying Platinum/Hydrospa just because of the customer service-

Anyone buying anything at Costco has already done their homework regarding the product and is willing to deal with the mfg regarding issues. My trust with the company has dissapated, so I'll just pretend the hot tub came with the house and I'll just deal with the issues myself.

Hello:Pathfinder:

I am new to this site but, have been reading the posts and you guys sure do bicker back and forth a lot. I am a single mother but do have a good credit rating and have a professional degree bringing in a descent income each year.

You stated that you have a store and know a lot about spas .I don’t want or need a spa that will cause me a lot of problems nor, do I want to blow my budget purchasing a spa so, I would possibly like to purchase a spa from you. What is your name and what is your store name and where are you located? What spa could you recommend that is similar in features but of course much better than the infinity sunpeak spa? With thanks Splash_

hey I am new to this forum too, and only found it as we are waiting on delivery of our Infinity spa from Costco and my husband asked me to print him out any pictures I could find to help with the setup and layout. Yikes! never even dreamed we might be walking into a problem product. IMHO, Costco doesn't sell junk since they stand behind everything. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of the other new purchasers.

As far as shipping, I ordered our tub the week of July 17th, and we have an ETA of Aug 3-10. Will keep everyone posted!

I just received my Sun Peak spa last week, and it took me two days to get it working. First, when I filled it the first time and fired up the jets, water went everywhere from under the tub panels- major leaks. Lost half the tub water all over my brand new redwood deck before I got the side panels off and found the problem- two different water line couplings with no hose clamps! So, after a trip to the hardware store for hose clamps, I refilled and started over. Finally got in the tub to use it the next day, and after two minutes, the whole tub shuts down. The 50A GFI breaker tripped- not a good sign. After taking the panels back off again, discovered that water had leaked under the control pad, directly into the control box, and onto the heater terminals- nice!! So, had to go back to hardware store for silicone, to seal the control pad properly. The bottom line is this- this tub is assembled by idiots, and be prepared to make several trips to hardware store to get it operational. For someone not as handy, this experience would probably be a nightmare. However, I did save about $4000 or so not going to a local dealer, so I guess will see- good luck!

hey I am new to this forum too, and only found it as we are waiting on delivery of our Infinity spa from Costco and my husband asked me to print him out any pictures I could find to help with the setup and layout. Yikes! never even dreamed we might be walking into a problem product. IMHO, Costco doesn't sell junk since they stand behind everything. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of the other new purchasers.

As far as shipping, I ordered our tub the week of July 17th, and we have an ETA of Aug 3-10. Will keep everyone posted!

I just received my Sun Peak spa last week, and it took me two days to get it working. First, when I filled it the first time and fired up the jets, water went everywhere from under the tub panels- major leaks. Lost half the tub water all over my brand new redwood deck before I got the side panels off and found the problem- two different water line couplings with no hose clamps! So, after a trip to the hardware store for hose clamps, I refilled and started over. Finally got in the tub to use it the next day, and after two minutes, the whole tub shuts down. The 50A GFI breaker tripped- not a good sign. After taking the panels back off again, discovered that water had leaked under the control pad, directly into the control box, and onto the heater terminals- nice!! So, had to go back to hardware store for silicone, to seal the control pad properly. The bottom line is this- this tub is assembled by idiots, and be prepared to make several trips to hardware store to get it operational. For someone not as handy, this experience would probably be a nightmare. However, I did save about $4000 or so not going to a local dealer, so I guess will see- good luck!

Why didn't you call the service number for a tech? Won't you void the warranty by tampering with the spa?

Why didn't you call the service number for a tech? Won't you void the warranty by tampering with the spa?

Well I just got in the tub this morning it was delivered on Friday and it felt great. The only problem I ran into was when I turned on the jets the first time a couple popped out and I had to be put them back in and tighten them down. Also the waterfall on and off knob has a slow leak when you turn it on, although it just leaks into the tub it might begin to bother me. Does anyone else have this problem? Before i filled the tub up I also noticed that they must have drilled the whole for one of the lower jets too big because it look like they patched it and sanded around it leaving scratches on the surface, although it isn't noticable when it is filled up it didn't make me really happy.

The last thing I just want to confirm the jet options with another owner. My control panel has two jet buttons on the left side. If I push the furthest left button it seems to turn jets on high and only has one setting while the other button has two settings a low and a high. Is this the same for everyones or am I supposed to have two settings on both jet buttons.

Overall I am very happy with the tub for the features and price of the tub. I really hope I don't have to bring it back because it is a heavy one and was a pain in the a** to get in the backyard.

TravelingSpaGuy

If you bought your wedding ring at Costco would your wife be happy? Are you a jeweller as well as a spa expert?My wife sure wouldnt mind.

If your wife bought you a Rolex watch from Costco would you be happy?

If your wife bought you a widescreen LCD TV from Costco for your birthday would you be happy.....Of course not you would return it.

Oh yea and about Arctic Spas They are the biggest load of hype ever huge profits and follow Artic from when they started they are the biggest bunch of liars.