Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

I'm considering getting a Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa. Is there anyone that has one of these or have heard anything on them?

It looks like a pretty good deal. They are having a sale on them $2999.99, shipping is included.

Thanks for any information.

Here are the specs.

*Seats: 6

*Pearl shadow acrylic

*Maintenance free synthetic cabinet-gray

*High-density foam insulation

*Double-sided Artic wrap insulation

*Neck, shoulder, & foot jets

*Interchangeable water jets

*Standard jets: 45 (stainless)

*Master massage jet: 1 (stainless)

*2-6hp GE pumps

*Ozone

*9 LED color changing light

*Comfort cushion headrest

*Handrail waterfall

*Deluxe cover: 4" - 2" taper

*5.5 KW heater

*(220V, 50 Amp GFCI breaker required

*Capacity (approx):350 gallons

*Dimensions: 78" x 84" x 36"

*Dry weight: 750 lbs.

*Filled weight: 3250 lbs.

Warranty:

10 years on structure

5 years on surface

5 years on plumbing

5 years on parts

1 year on labor

Customer Service:

Call 1-800-460-7798 ext. 221 8-5 Eastern Time or lbrown@infinityspas.net for questions on materials, workmanship, warranty, replacement parts, installation advice or assistance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering getting a Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa. Is there anyone that has one of these or have heard anything on them?

It looks like a pretty good deal. They are having a sale on them $2999.99, shipping is included.

Here are the specs.

*Pearl shadow acrylic

*2-6hp GE pumps

*Ozone

*Handrail waterfall

*5.5 KW heater

Warranty:

10 years on structure

5 years on surface

5 years on plumbing

5 years on parts

1 year on labor

Customer Service:

Call 1-800-460-7798 ext. 221 8-5 Eastern Time or lbrown@infinityspas.net for questions on materials, workmanship, warranty, replacement parts, installation advice or assistance

It sounds like a good deal, but it is not a high end spa, and will be offering some problems to you in as little as a couple of years. Based upon the parts descriptions. I would say they are desparate to sell spas. I don't think GE has 6 HP motors? What does the motor tag say?

I would say it is a step above any Hot Spring piece of junk.

Where do you live?

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

Here are the specs.

*Pearl shadow acrylic

*2-6hp GE pumps

*Ozone

*Handrail waterfall

*5.5 KW heater

Warranty:

10 years on structure

5 years on surface

5 years on plumbing

5 years on parts

1 year on labor

Customer Service:

It sounds like a good deal, but it is not a high end spa, and will be offering some problems to you in as little as a couple of years. Based upon the parts descriptions. I would say they are desparate to sell spas. I don't think GE has 6 HP motors? What does the motor tag say?

Where do you live?

Don't know what the motor tag says, they don't have them in store. It's an on-line order and comes from the manufacturer.

I live in Eastern Oregon on the Oregon/Idaho border.

Here are the specs.

*Pearl shadow acrylic

*2-6hp GE pumps

*Ozone

*Handrail waterfall

*5.5 KW heater

Warranty:

10 years on structure

5 years on surface

5 years on plumbing

5 years on parts

1 year on labor

Customer Service:

It sounds like a good deal, but it is not a high end spa, and will be offering some problems to you in as little as a couple of years. Based upon the parts descriptions. I would say they are desperate to sell spas. I don't think GE has 6 HP motors? What does the motor tag say?

Where do you live?

Don't know what the motor tag says, they don't have them in store. It's an on-line order and comes from the manufacturer.

I live in Eastern Oregon on the Oregon/Idaho border.

So, you order it from Costco, and Infinitiy from Tenn, sends it to you, for less than 3K? It is over $1K just to ship those things that far.

My buddy in NC does warranty for them on occasion. They are a cheaper made product. I guess they don't like to eat in Tennessee.

Can someone tell me how a company in Tenn can make a spa like that, sell it with the Costco mark up 20 to 30% and then ship it to Oregon for that price? It sounds to me like they are going out of business. It must be a "going out of business sale".

If you are handy, it is probably a better deal than any dealer has. The shells are supposed to be fiberglass. Is this a fiberglass shell?

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just bought in May a Sunpeak spa from Costco and the Spa its self is great! But......

Here are the problems I had.

The truck that delivered the spa was an huge 18 wheeler which came to the front of my house for delivery. my house is rear entry via alley.

I was requested to tip the delivery guy from the driver to help set the spa. They normally dont don't set the spa in any location so I guess tipping was ok. If they don't you would need about 4 people and a furniture dolly to do it yourself.

The truck made it down my alley but tore a few trenches in the neighbors yards which caused some issues.

I had a pump problem where the inside shattered and I had to have a tech order a part and I am still waiting for that to be fixed.

The cost for electrical to be installed cost me about 1300.00 which I think was a bit high for me but it is what it is.

Overall its taken almost 3 months for me to get a functional spa.

I am sure this week it will be finally working and I doubt if anybody else will have the issues I had. I cant really blame the infinity spa people for the broken part. This stuff just happens sometimes.

I'll let you know the over all spa expiereence next week when I finally have a chance to use it.

CC

Wow, over 1600 views and 4 posts, one was a reply from myself.

Thanks for your reply cc.

People out there must be wondering about this spa as am I. Can you tell us about the construction of the Sun Peak. Is it well built? Full foam insulation? How does it feel when you sit in it even though there is no water in it? Sorry for all the questions but you are the only one to respond that actually has one of these spas.

If you can answer any of these questions, I'd sure appreciate it and by the looks from the number of views, others would like to hear about it too.

Wow, over 1600 views and 4 posts, one was a reply from myself.

Thanks for your reply cc.

People out there must be wondering about this spa as am I. Can you tell us about the construction of the Sun Peak. Is it well built? Full foam insulation? How does it feel when you sit in it even though there is no water in it? Sorry for all the questions but you are the only one to respond that actually has one of these spas.

If you can answer any of these questions, I'd sure appreciate it and by the looks from the number of views, others would like to hear about it too.

The reason for the 1600 views is because there was costco in the thread subject. Any spa from costco is a much debated purchase.

You will hear opinions about how cheap it is constructed, its too good to be true, you get what you pay for...the list goes on and on. Sitting in a tub with no water is like sitting in a bathtub with no water...not much usefulness in it....when you add water it will feel/not feel completely different.

First, look around...go to some dealers....go to costco and actually see if they have any or others in the store. I purchased a Hydrospa Legend from Costco, (which I dont beleive they offer online) and love it. Is your experience going to be the same, no idea. Decide on what you like and be careful what opinion you get from online...there are some that say buy from a dealer others who say buy from costco if that is what you like or can afford. I say find what you like and go with that...if you go with a dealer do your homework on the dealer and make sure you know what you get when you sign on the dotted line. If you go with costco just make sure the tub has what you are looking for...hard to know if you cant see or touch it and see the construction. I personally wouldnt buy a tub from online...you need to be able to at least see the tub...pictures can be so deceiving. Good luck!!

I looked long and hard to find the same answer and ran in to the same problem. A friends wife works in a lab. There is a machine in this lab that broke down and was needed bad. The tech that does the repair is based in a city 400 miles away. They had a similar breakdown a year prior and were billed thousands of dollars for the tech to fly our and make the repair. They suspected it was the same pump that was replaced last year. A building maintenance guys was talked into having a look. When he saw the pump he knew where to get it right away. It was a pump that was used in kitchen appliances. Some things are not as expensive as they seem. I had the Hydrospa and had a bad experience. Infinity is made by someone else so I can't say. I spent more money and bought a Pacific from a dealer with a good rep. I was very turned off by the sales pitches of some of the dealers. The Coast dealer told me that there filtration was a 20 million dollar innovation. Everyones insulation was best, their pumps were some breakthrough that they only had. Costco has its own transportation network so delivery isn't a big hit for them. The little guy pays more. The infinity has less insulation so that will mean more dollars to run. My legend had about an inch if foam in the base of the tub. The person who cut away the foam to install the jets had no issue with taking extra off. I feel better with my decision to go with a dealer tub. I have less worries in the back of my mind. If I get poor service I can jump in my car and go to the dealer and ask whats up. I felt small when I spent hours on the phone listening to a stupid recording that blew hot air up my &*# about how great their product was while I waited and waited. Costco never abandoned me. They were great. They took the tub back and made everything good. I spent more money and got a few less things. I know that my special this and that may not be as special as someone thinks. I do have a real person in town to talk to and they have been around for a long time. Once again the infinity is a diffent tub. Costco is the same. Costco impressed me while there supplier didn't.

I am on my third pump from infinity for my sunpeak spa. The impeller keeps snapping in the middle. They think it just might be a bad batch. I still have not had a chance to use the spa since May and so far I am just sad and disappointed.

I think the quality of the spa looks nice and if it would all work, I would say its a good deal.

I have had nothing but bad luck so far and I am not sure how many more times I can replace the pumps.I wonder if there is something clogged in the system. I have had these problems on pump 1 and pump 2.

I finally decided to install it my self. I am tired of waiting over a week for a tech to come out for 30min of work.

I put in the new impeller today and half my jets still don't work and I have no idea why I have tried everything. After turning things off and on hoping it would start bam the new impeller broke again. I called and they will be sending me a new one.

I will give it one more try then I will yell for them to fly a tech to my location to resolve or I will try and send back to costco. (I have no idea on how I will do that because the spa is very heavy and bulky)

CHEERS,

CC

I think its built o.k. The foam is standard spray foam. The sub zero insulation is very thin. I am not sure if other spas are the same, I never had a chance to look inside of them to compare.

As I look at the inside of this spa it pretty simple design internally. All the parts seem to be standard spa parts., everything looks pretty easy to replace.

Overall its well built I give it a 7 out of 10. but ror me sofar the pump parts are flawed. Once this issue is resolved I can move on.

CC

I am on my third pump from infinity for my sunpeak spa. The impeller keeps snapping in the middle. They think it just might be a bad batch. I still have not had a chance to use the spa since May and so far I am just sad and disappointed.

I think the quality of the spa looks nice and if it would all work, I would say its a good deal.

I have had nothing but bad luck so far and I am not sure how many more times I can replace the pumps.I wonder if there is something clogged in the system. I have had these problems on pump 1 and pump 2.

I finally decided to install it my self. I am tired of waiting over a week for a tech to come out for 30min of work.

I put in the new impeller today and half my jets still don't work and I have no idea why I have tried everything. After turning things off and on hoping it would start bam the new impeller broke again. I called and they will be sending me a new one.

I will give it one more try then I will yell for them to fly a tech to my location to resolve or I will try and send back to costco. (I have no idea on how I will do that because the spa is very heavy and bulky)

CHEERS,

CC

Good Luck Mate

CHEERS,

CC

Good Luck Mate

Sounds like you are having some issues. I ordered this tub on the 2nd and waiting arrival however a bit nervous. I hope you get a resolution shortly. Please keep us updated. Thanks!

hello, I just received my costco infinity spa and wired it up, filled the water, and turned on the heat. waiting for tomorrow to put in some chemicals and relax. It seems very nice and everything fired up okay. I am still getting used to the control pannel. I believe this one has the OZONE generator installed. Does anyone know for sure? I will call infinity spa to confirm some time next week

The quality looks pretty good and I took off two side pannels to get a look inside. It is all 2X4 construction with metal brackets in the corners. all the jets are ajustable which is very cool. my older 1989 Caldera model had two adjustments. High or low on all jets. this should be a nice change.

I am hoping not to have any pump problems. as a few others in this form. the directions say to fill it in the filter so that the pumps work correctly and dont get air backed up in them.

LO

hey I am new to this forum too, and only found it as we are waiting on delivery of our Infinity spa from Costco and my husband asked me to print him out any pictures I could find to help with the setup and layout. Yikes! never even dreamed we might be walking into a problem product. IMHO, Costco doesn't sell junk since they stand behind everything. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of the other new purchasers.

As far as shipping, I ordered our tub the week of July 17th, and we have an ETA of Aug 3-10. Will keep everyone posted!

IMHO, Costco doesn't sell junk since they stand behind everything. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of the other new purchasers.

Actually Costco does sometimes sell junk. They may not know it going in as they are not experts in how the products are made, they're experts in how the products are sold. But yes, they do make the manufacturer stand by the product so that is good. The two are mutually exclusive of each other so it's not accurate to say that because they stand behind the product it must be a quality product.

Hopefully all will be well with your spa and if not this as well as a couple other sites have plenty of people to help answer questions.

IMHO, Costco doesn't sell junk since they stand behind everything. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of the other new purchasers.

Actually Costco does sometimes sell junk. They may not know it going in as they are not experts in how the products are made, they're experts in how the products are sold. But yes, they do make the manufacturer stand by the product so that is good. The two are mutually exclusive of each other so it's not accurate to say that because they stand behind the product it must be a quality product.

Hopefully all will be well with your spa and if not this as well as a couple other sites have plenty of people to help answer questions.

Costco doesn't sell junk is correct. If they have a issue they simply stop carrying that product either due to crummy service or a sub par product. They have been selling hydrospa for a few years and if they had as bad as a rap as you say they wouldn't continue to sell them. PERIOD!

Costco actually has buyers that do nothing but research the products they sell and the vendors have to apply to be selected. It is a privlidge to sell there. So to say they may not know they sell junk is just another example of you not being aware of how Costco works.

They don't make more profit on a particular spa then another so they offer whatever spa the customer wants and not junky products or merchandise.

Costco doesn't sell junk is correct.

If they have a issue they simply stop carrying that product

So to say they may not know they sell junk is just another example of you not being aware of how Costco works.

How do they know it's not junk before they decide to stop carrying it?

Costco doesn't sell junk is correct. If they have a issue they simply stop carrying that product either due to crummy service or a sub par product.

Your second sentence TOTALLY invalidates your first sentence. If they never sold junk then they would never have a subpar product to have to stop carrying.

Costco's return policy is not an indication of the quality of the product. They hold the manufacturer to their return policy and the manufacturer pays the price if quality is poor. Sometimes they do carry poor quality products and as you indicated "If they have a issue they simply stop carrying that product either due to crummy service or a sub par product."

Soakerman is making this very easy for you isn't he Tech? :lol:

Costco DOES sell some junk and as mentioned, the original manufacturers have to abide by the return regulations if they want to sell to Costco. The return policy is not an indicator of the quality of a given product but instead the length of the lineup at the customer service desk... <_<

Steve

I ordered the Sun Peak On July 2nd and it was delivered a little over a week ago. I have seen 3 issues so far, all of which are panel install problems and none a total show stopper.....but for those who did order the spa to keep in mind.

1st..The side marked "Electrical hook up" or something like that, needs to have the entire panel taken off and not just the interior screws. It appeared to us that only the middle needed to be removed. 2nd..the panels are not well constructed and should be handled gently. 3rd..screwing the panel back in is not an easy task as the metal brackets used to connect the frame are in the same area(in fact the screws went in between the gaps in the brackets) and getting the screws back in was difficult.

Operationally, the tub has worked great. We had some friends over who have owned tubs and they are amazed at the variables for different settings the tub has. The jet strength is strong and adjustable and jets positionable. I have only had it for a week, but so far so good. I would like to keep the post going for the owners to keep in touch for issues that may arise.

Happy Tubbing!!!

P.S.

For the side converstaion about Costco and quality...both arguments hold true. Costco sells an overwhelming majority of high quality products and absolutely stands behind them. That does not mean that a few don't get by and I am willing to bet they discontinue any item that is not up to snuff. With that being said, this tub is no longer available...I am wondering why?

Hot tubs all feel nice, people who have had older ones like newer ones...hot tub companies all buy jets from one of two companies, which means they are all adjustable now. Costco knows they wont beable to sell expensive tubs, I have a cost list of D1 sitting infront of me as I am currently working for there 2nd biggest dealer in country (meaning best discounts available) and the dealer pays more money for the cheapest tub made by d1 then you pay for an Infiniti, I have sold Infiniti twice now, once at an expo in Tenn, once in North Carolina. Costco's marketing department finds a small manufacturer who doesnt break down territories because its not worried about customer service, they want a spa they can have a lot of bells and whistles on, make a few hundred dollars (which is a good deal considering most dealers make 15-20% margins) but still its a cheaply built tub. I could put 10000000 horse power in my tub, and if I don't have the engineers to build the spa and make the plumming efficent it wont meet its potential...Infiniti which is owned by a guy named Peter (I have played Poker with him when I was in Tenn.) Does not have any special engineering staff, its a spa that has a great price point even when not being sold by Costco...my suggestion is to buy from a real dealer OR a special event (because I might beable to sell you one) and companies are all in one area which makes shopping last one day.

Customer service is undervalued...trying to ask a kid who works at Costco how to balance your PH isnt an easy job, and because Infiniti is using generic OZones I suggest you unplug the ozone unit which is being directly plugged into the body of water which is just going to eat your cover and pillows.

My advice:get a good used hot tub for same price if you cant afford a better spa. Buying a good used BMW better then a Kia if you ask me (But im not a car guy so maybe thats a bad analogy)