Hey Larry...

Chris H

Regardless it's not necessary to spam EVERY TOPIC.

Just replying to Soreback. He felt that he needed to post across multiple topics so I replied to each post.

Larry,

Why don’t you stop the deceptive advertising practices when advertising this spa show?

You clearly only have one manufacturer of spas at your show. Unless you consider that Sunbelt spa in the corner the other major manufacturer…

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking at other ways of doing spa shows in the furture and advertising is just one of many practices to be addressed.

Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking at other ways of doing spa shows in the furture and advertising is just one of many practices to be addressed.

Hey Larry Do any of you care at all about personal integrity or is making a buck all that matters. After attending your shows I would not stop to pi$$ down your throat if your lungs were on fire. I mean it is a long story of never ending lies and deceit. And its really great how NO ONE including the supposed manger even knows about the spa specials that are advertised. The classic for me was after getting into a heated exchange with the salesman and manger about what the ad said and they denied its existence, I get in my car to leave and YOUR ad comes on the radio stating the very thing that they KNEW NOTHING about what a joke you are.

Hey Larry Do any of you care at all about personal integrity or is making a buck all that matters. After attending your shows I would not stop to pi$$ down your throat if your lungs were on fire. I mean it is a long story of never ending lies and deceit. And its really great how NO ONE including the supposed manger even knows about the spa specials that are advertised. The classic for me was after getting into a heated exchange with the salesman and manger about what the ad said and they denied its existence, I get in my car to leave and YOUR ad comes on the radio stating the very thing that they KNEW NOTHING about what a joke you are.

Ok enough with Larry. No need for violence this is suppose to inform people not put people down. Soreback needs to read the finer print if Larry wants to make it hard to read that is his perogitive. He is offering store credit because he did already pay commision to the guy who sold it. Larry this is for you: Why dont you talk to your dealer and the guy who sold it that he backed out and I'm sure they will be glad to give you credit from the dealer or the company that you hired to sell for you. If not than I guess you really should be genuine because your rep. means more than a stinken 1200 dollars for the long run. I do feel for you though soreback that is kinda messed up but at the same time you learn a lesson. Sometimes it costs alot of money for the learning experience

Larry,

Why don’t you stop the deceptive advertising practices when advertising this spa show?

You clearly only have one manufacturer of spas at your show. Unless you consider that Sunbelt spa in the corner the other major manufacturer…

Chris

The last time I worked at Larry's show he was fair to the consumers (2003) at Valley Forge. He did show more than 1 manufacturer he also showed tough pools and had an inground pool installer there. As far as the deceptive advertising, it just doesn't seem to be the case. Larry seems to be a nice individual and will do the right thing with soreback. We all know that a contract is there to protect both parties if ANY dealer on this forum returned deposits every time someone had a little buyers remorse you would all be broke.

that being said MASTER SPAS can F-off IMO Isn't that right Ted D. IMO Master spas breeds the negative, deceptive ads, hell they claim to have been around for 25 years when they actually opened in 1996. They just bought out the De-funked fort wayne factory that used to make down east spas.

What major manufacturers were competing for the consumers business on portable spas when you worked that show in 2003?

I don't remember, I will conceed that the show was slanted, Master had most of the floor space but there were more dealers than just Master.I remember now, dynasty spas were there, nice looking spas. I was pretty impressed by them

I don't remember, I will conceed that the show was slanted, Master had most of the floor space but there were more dealers than just Master.I remember now, dynasty spas were there, nice looking spas. I was pretty impressed by them

You will admit the show was slanted how is this some how OK, what was just a little bit on tilt ? A lie is a lie. The shows are not what they are promoted to be and It is a black eye to the whole industry. Phony shows and rebate programs are not needed to sell spas. The "Tin Man" days should long be over but Master must somehow feel that being retro is cool. Maybe for clothes and some styles but bogus sales tactics can remain in the past and we will all be just fine.

You will admit the show was slanted how is this some how OK, what was just a little bit on tilt ? A lie is a lie. The shows are not what they are promoted to be and It is a black eye to the whole industry. Phony shows and rebate programs are not needed to sell spas. The "Tin Man" days should long be over but Master must somehow feel that being retro is cool. Maybe for clothes and some styles but bogus sales tactics can remain in the past and we will all be just fine.

What is the overall objective of marketing? To get the consumers attention. People go to dog shows to see dogs. people go to pool and spa shows to see pools and spas. Would you be ok with it if you were invited to show your spas. If a dealer set up a spa show and you and he shared the floor 50/50 then he advertised"COME SEE SPAS FROM MULTIPLE LOCAL MERCHANTS,,,,, SAVE THOUSANDS OFF MSRP" would you pull out of the show? I don't think so. People are in business to make money, the people that are doing by "deceptive marketing" are going to be around forever there is nothing you or anybody can do to change it. Without darkness there would be no light, thats just the way it is. I agree that MS tactics are deceptive in some cases but the big picture is that they are doing some good for the industry, they are creating a spa market. all the adds are bringing people into non-MS showrooms across the country. they are giving you the "credibility and trust" that are needed to earn loyal customers. You can say with pride "I AM NOT A MASTER SPA DEALER" you can trust me.

What is the overall objective of marketing? To get the consumers attention. People go to dog shows to see dogs. people go to pool and spa shows to see pools and spas. Would you be ok with it if you were invited to show your spas. If a dealer set up a spa show and you and he shared the floor 50/50 then he advertised"COME SEE SPAS FROM MULTIPLE LOCAL MERCHANTS,,,,, SAVE THOUSANDS OFF MSRP" would you pull out of the show? I don't think so. People are in business to make money, the people that are doing by "deceptive marketing" are going to be around forever there is nothing you or anybody can do to change it. Without darkness there would be no light, thats just the way it is. I agree that MS tactics are deceptive in some cases but the big picture is that they are doing some good for the industry, they are creating a spa market. all the adds are bringing people into non-MS showrooms across the country. they are giving you the "credibility and trust" that are needed to earn loyal customers. You can say with pride "I AM NOT A MASTER SPA DEALER" you can trust me.

I can't agree with you on this one spa Dr. The Master deception show is just too much IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I am going by what I've been TOLD many times) but do they charge an entry fee that is non-refundable for this "multiple spa show"? If that is so, to me they do this beacuse they know many people will not be happy that the show is not what they perceived it to be and want to get them before they see the reality (I'm not really against the $ charge, just the fact that the customer doesn't see what they're getting until they get inside). I know they can say there technically is more than just Master there but we know they are giving a false impression and they know it too which is why they charge the non-refundable fee to get in before the customer can see the reality. If I am wrong in that premse please correct me.

I can't agree with you on this one spa Dr. The Master deception show is just too much IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I am going by what I've been TOLD many times) but do they charge an entry fee that is non-refundable for this "multiple spa show"? If that is so, to me they do this beacuse they know many people will not be happy that the show is not what they perceived it to be and want to get them before they see the reality (I'm not really against the $ charge, just the fact that the customer doesn't see what they're getting until they get inside). I know they can say there technically is more than just Master there but we know they are giving a false impression and they know it too which is why they charge the non-refundable fee to get in before the customer can see the reality. If I am wrong in that premse please correct me.

I was not charged an entry fee. I think some dealers do charge a fee.

I will just say there is a reason laws were created to protect people from this type of thing. Being creative in marketing and advertising is far different than being deceptive and they are not mutually exclusive of each other. You can take for example if you have them in your area a "Trader Joe's" or if you have heard Paul Harvey on the radio they tell a great story about a product and build value and excitement about it but never with deception. It is done with enthusiasm and product knowledge. There is no justification of any sense to this shows and the Marketing why not just promote Master spa blow out sale. and leave all the others who really are not going to be there out of it.

There was a Pool and Spa Show April of 2005 in Novi, MI (Metro Detroit area) where 15 plus pool and spa dealers set up to sell there product. One of the Master Spa dealers ran TV, Radio, and Newspaper ads that same weekend saying that the Pool and Spa Show had been moved to a different location (where of course only Master Spa was selling there product). Talk about deceitful sales tactics. What a shameful company. Another Master Spa dealer in this area who was at the show isn’t associated with the company who did this shameful act. The Pool and Spa Show of 2006 is next weekend March 24-26. Hopefully the Master Spa dealer doesn't repeat this type of thing.

Michael

There was a Pool and Spa Show April of 2005 in Novi, MI (Metro Detroit area) where 15 plus pool and spa dealers set up to sell there product. One of the Master Spa dealers ran TV, Radio, and Newspaper ads that same weekend saying that the Pool and Spa Show had been moved to a different location (where of course only Master Spa was selling there product). Talk about deceitful sales tactics. What a shameful company. Another Master Spa dealer in this area who was at the show isn’t associated with the company who did this shameful act. The Pool and Spa Show of 2006 is next weekend March 24-26. Hopefully the Master Spa dealer doesn't repeat this type of thing.

Michael

WOW that is messed up! I also thought I would add to the deceptive talk for the jets they claim to have. Master blaster (22Jets).

Michael

That is absolutely hilarious. Immature marketing at it's finest! My hat is off to them, they deserve some sort of award for that...*** Move of the Year...The Spa Blocker...maybe a Saddey Award...A Spammy...something is in order.

That is absolutely hilarious. Immature marketing at it's finest! My hat is off to them, they deserve some sort of award for that...*** Move of the Year...The Spa Blocker...maybe a Saddey Award...A Spammy...something is in order.

I get a really good kick out of that. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW that is messed up! I also thought I would add to the deceptive talk for the jets they claim to have. Master blaster (22Jets).

15 JETS DORK, Now I'm not deffending M.S. but look at Clearwater if you want to talk about deceptive jet count. Colman is just as bad imo look at the 480 they claim there are 43 jets now I've counted and only see 37. of course I could be wrong , my wife refused to take off her shoes in the store so I started to get lost after 30