New Used Tub

Super noob

Hey all

I just picked up a 1994 Thermospas Park ave 5 per with an ozonator for 5hundie.

I will be starting it up soon, it has been empty for 2 years.

Any suggestions on the order of operations and supplies that Iwill need.

I hope to avoid buying poor quality or useless items by taking some advice from the board.

Thanks for your time

Super noob :D

Hey all

I just picked up a 1994 Thermospas Park ave 5 per with an ozonator for 5hundie.

I will be starting it up soon, it has been empty for 2 years.

Any suggestions on the order of operations and supplies that Iwill need.

I hope to avoid buying poor quality or useless items by taking some advice from the board.

Thanks for your time

Super noob :D

I hope that it wasn't sitting in the freezing cold during the 2 years with water left in the lines. Go to a local dealer for a startup chemical kit. Non-chlorine and chlorine shock, mineral and scale prevention and an ionizer cartrige will do the trick.

I hope that it wasn't sitting in the freezing cold during the 2 years with water left in the lines. Go to a local dealer for a startup chemical kit. Non-chlorine and chlorine shock, mineral and scale prevention and an ionizer cartrige will do the trick.

Well it was and it had 2 cracked manifolds as far as I can see.

I can see some scum in the lines , Is there something I can add to wash it out then drain it?

thanks

The noob

I can see some scum in the lines , Is there something I can add to wash it out then drain it?

thanks

The noob

There are a couple of different products out on the market if you find a Leisure time chemical dealer in your area they make a product called jet clean and there are a few other products out on the market made for flushing spa and jetted bathtub lines. Call around some of the dealers in your area and you should be able to find some.

That will remove the scum from the lines.

thanks

The noob

You can use sodium hypochlorite just a little bit. There is a product called scum digestion.