Hot Tub Newbie Question!

search66

I recently resurrect a hot tub, and it contains an old Ramco ST-2115 pump.

It works, but I don't think the performance is up to par (the jets are minimal at best). I was wondering if there is a replacement pump, or even if pumps were 'universal' at all.

Any suggestions would be great, and if there could be a replacement pump.

Like I said, I'm a newbie and was impressed that I got this pump to even work! The heating works great, as well as the blower... However, when the jets are on 'high'; it's like a train and is like... 'chug chug chug'... In face, putting the jets on low is smoother and seems to be more efficient.

I appreciate your advice.

I recently resurrect a hot tub, and it contains an old Ramco ST-2115 pump.

It works, but I don't think the performance is up to par (the jets are minimal at best). I was wondering if there is a replacement pump, or even if pumps were 'universal' at all.

Any suggestions would be great, and if there could be a replacement pump.

Like I said, I'm a newbie and was impressed that I got this pump to even work! The heating works great, as well as the blower... However, when the jets are on 'high'; it's like a train and is like... 'chug chug chug'... In face, putting the jets on low is smoother and seems to be more efficient.

I appreciate your advice.

Boy that is an old spa. I havent seen one of those in 15 years. You can replace it with another pump but you will have to change some plumbing to get another brand of pump to fit. You need to take a couple of things into consideration before you put another pump in there.

Back when that spa was built spas were not as efficient as they are now so you probably dont have to many jets in there and you have to be careful with the higher flow rates on the pumps that are out now you dont want to install to bog of a pump in there or you can actually cause yourself more problems. Im assuming that since it has a Ramco pump on it it probably has Ramco controls on it too. If you decide to change the pump take all of the specs off the old motor and be careful not to install anything that goes over your amperage draw and is the same voltage.

If you have a local spa dealer that does repairs it might be a good idea to take the old pump in with you to have them help you with a replacement.

Boy that is an old spa. I havent seen one of those in 15 years. You can replace it with another pump but you will have to change some plumbing to get another brand of pump to fit. You need to take a couple of things into consideration before you put another pump in there.

Back when that spa was built spas were not as efficient as they are now so you probably dont have to many jets in there and you have to be careful with the higher flow rates on the pumps that are out now you dont want to install to bog of a pump in there or you can actually cause yourself more problems. Im assuming that since it has a Ramco pump on it it probably has Ramco controls on it too. If you decide to change the pump take all of the specs off the old motor and be careful not to install anything that goes over your amperage draw and is the same voltage.

If you have a local spa dealer that does repairs it might be a good idea to take the old pump in with you to have them help you with a replacement.

Amperage is key, you dont want overload. Depending if the motor is a horizontal or vertical discharge, I dont know because its very old, you would need to configure with the same plumbing or just change a couple of fittings.