D1 Diplomat And Vision Cartridge

hoopy

Agree 100% and I try to make it a point to start the pumps and then add it into the filter housing for just that reason and will often leave it open 5 minutes to allow for some off-gassing to help the cover long term.

It is a matter of what you think is right but it does no harm just sitting.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a matter of what you think is right but it does no harm just sitting.

It is best for the acrylic long term not to do so. In reality if you spread it around the spa good instead of always sticking it in one spot you're probably OK but I like to leave nothing to chance. I also like to have that initial off gas hit sooner by running the pumps a few minutes as I usually leave the cover open 5 mnutes so it can off-gas to atmoshpere which is better for the spa and cover long term (not a huge deal but over many years it makes a difference).

It is best for the acrylic long term not to do so. In reality if you spread it around the spa good instead of always sticking it in one spot you're probably OK but I like to leave nothing to chance. I also like to have that initial off gas hit sooner by running the pumps a few minutes as I usually leave the cover open 5 mnutes so it can off-gas to atmoshpere which is better for the spa and cover long term (not a huge deal but over many years it makes a difference).

Good point, so adding it while the jets is running will benefit the acrylic long term and even if it didn't, why chance it. Although arguing the point at this point is not benificial. :P

For the record, acrylic is not in question as I my shell is not acrylic, its the Duralife. :)

Same issues. One of the reasons dichlor (or lithium for that matter) is that it quick disolves. You still want to give it all the help you can because it will sit on the spa shell for a bit if you don't. More important, you want the freshly sanitized water to get through all the plumbing to clean out whatever is there. Run all your pumps (including an air blower if you have one) while you add and for a few minutes after with the cover open. Then shut your pumps off and close the cover and your all set for next time.

Does the cover need to be open? I was told by my dealer that I can have it closed while the pumps are on and it will be ok.

It's best to leave the cover open when running the jet pumps and adding chems. You will get some off gassing, which over time will cause discoloration of the cover if you have it closed.

10 mins tops, also if you have multiple pumps you only need to run one.

When I add chlorine after use in the amount of less than a TBLS I run the pumps and leave the cover open for long enough for me to go inside dry off and get dressed. 3-5 minutes. Then I go back out and cover it up.