Cloudy, Odor Water Help Please!

turbottt1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ditch the test strips. I tried test strips and sometimes didn't get the same reading using one right after another. Even if they reliablyread the same your experience should tell you they are sold on convenience not accuracy.

Buy an indicator drop test kit.

It is almost as fast as the test strips once you memorize how many drops of each indicator go in the correct tubes. It will more than pay for itself in accurate readings and fewer chemicals/tub refillings.

From what I understand (and I have not used bromine) it does require a build up that can be easy to lose if your PH and alk get out of balance.

As others have said musty cloudyness means bacteria. It sounds like you are on the right track by trusting your dealers water test more than your test strips.

If you want to look at an alternative to bromine. I use Nature two with MPS non clorine shock after each use and 1 TBS Clorine shock twice a week. Very simple and keeps it clear.I could probably get by with less clorine since there are weeks I forget and only clorine shock it once and it stays clear.

I do a water change and replace the Nature two cartridge every 4 months.

Disclaimer- I don't sell nature 2 or work for them. I'm just a consumer pointing out an alternative that works for me.

Rika

Hi

I posted under "Ready to Scream" about cloudy water with Baqua Spa. I am switching to chlorine today. Have dumped my spa and refilling with fresh water. I have received a yellow "nature 2" thingy that is suppose to be placed inside pleated filter????? I think ???? Anyway was wondering what size spa you were using for the formula you list above? What regime would you recommend for 300 gal heavy to above average use tub on the chlorine/yellow nature 2 thingy???? Thanks