Arctic's New Summer Option

Does anybody know what it does. I think it cools the water??

Thank you 104

We are purchasing an Arctic and will have our tub in a couple of weeks. I think what you are talking about is called "Therapy Air". The system takes warm air from inside the tub(Under the shell) and blows it through small jets independant of the main tub jets. Because this air under the tub is cooler than the water it gives the sensation of a cool air jet. I have tried it and it feels great. Also works really well on hot summer days. Can also be used in the winter due to the fact that it does not draw its air from outside the warm cavity, still giving you that cool sensation to extend your soak time, however not dropping your water temperature to quickly to affect your power bill.

Deenster.

Thank you 104

We are purchasing an Arctic and will have our tub in a couple of weeks. I think what you are talking about is called "Therapy Air". The system takes warm air from inside the tub(Under the shell) and blows it through small jets independant of the main tub jets. Because this air under the tub is cooler than the water it gives the sensation of a cool air jet. I have tried it and it feels great. Also works really well on hot summer days. Can also be used in the winter due to the fact that it does not draw its air from outside the warm cavity, still giving you that cool sensation to extend your soak time, however not dropping your water temperature to quickly to affect your power bill.

Deenster.

Thank you Deenster. that cleared it up for me.

Thank you 104

We are purchasing an Arctic and will have our tub in a couple of weeks. I think what you are talking about is called "Therapy Air". The system takes warm air from inside the tub(Under the shell) and blows it through small jets independant of the main tub jets. Because this air under the tub is cooler than the water it gives the sensation of a cool air jet. I have tried it and it feels great. Also works really well on hot summer days. Can also be used in the winter due to the fact that it does not draw its air from outside the warm cavity, still giving you that cool sensation to extend your soak time, however not dropping your water temperature to quickly to affect your power bill.Deenster.

So.......in the winter where does it get this warm air from? Does it have a heater? Because most air blowers I have seen would empty the warm air cavity inside the cabinet in about 3 seconds and then the outside air would replace it through vents? I think my air blower was a 60 CFM blower. There is bout 5 CF of space inside my cabinet and Arctic isn't alot different????? Tom?

Wasn't the word hype? Salespitch?

Thank you 104

We are purchasing an Arctic and will have our tub in a couple of weeks. I think what you are talking about is called "Therapy Air". The system takes warm air from inside the tub(Under the shell) and blows it through small jets independant of the main tub jets. Because this air under the tub is cooler than the water it gives the sensation of a cool air jet. I have tried it and it feels great. Also works really well on hot summer days. Can also be used in the winter due to the fact that it does not draw its air from outside the warm cavity, still giving you that cool sensation to extend your soak time, however not dropping your water temperature to quickly to affect your power bill.Deenster.

So.......in the winter where does it get this warm air from? Does it have a heater? Because most air blowers I have seen would empty the warm air cavity inside the cabinet in about 3 seconds and then the outside air would replace it through vents? I think my air blower was a 60 CFM blower. There is bout 5 CF of space inside my cabinet and Arctic isn't alot different????? Tom?

Wasn't the word hype? Salespitch?

Roger

Tom mentioned it the other day. dont most air blowers get there air from inside the cabinets on TP type tubs??

I think you are referring to the Spa Chiller, a peletier-effect cooler scheduled for release this summer (sorry, I don't have a firm date). Because it has no plumbing connections--it operates by cooling the air inside the cabinet cavity--it will be easy to retrofit to your spa.

I think what you are talking about is called "Therapy Air". The system takes warm air from inside the tub(Under the shell) and blows it through small jets independant of the main tub jets.

According to a factory rep I asked, it can take up to ten minutes (depending on the size and configuration of your unit, outside temperature, etc.) to exhaust the warm air in the cavity and begin drawing cool air. The main purpose of "TA" is to give a frothy, bubbly massage effect, but people who have this option find it useful in the summer to help keep the water temperature down.

So.......in the winter where does it get this warm air from? Does it have a heater? Because most air blowers I have seen would empty the warm air cavity inside the cabinet in about 3 seconds and then the outside air would replace it through vents?

Winter or summer, the air inside the cabinet or an Arctic or Coyote spa is warmed by the equipment, especially the pump motors. With the blower on, yes, that air is eventually exhausted and cool outside air will be drawn in. If the customer uses a screened louvred 'summer door', the cavity air will be at ambient (outside) air temperature and the water will begin to cool as soon as the blower is turned on. With the Chiller supplying refrigerated air into the cavity, cooling will be achieved even in units that do not have the optional Therapy Air/blower.

refrigerated air into the cavity, cooling will be achieved even in units that do not have the optional Therapy Air/blower.

I think i see now. Thank you tom.

I think you are referring to the Spa Chiller, a peletier-effect cooler scheduled for release this summer (sorry, I don't have a firm date). Because it has no plumbing connections--it operates by cooling the air inside the cabinet cavity--it will be easy to retrofit to your spa.

I think what you are talking about is called "Therapy Air". The system takes warm air from inside the tub(Under the shell) and blows it through small jets independant of the main tub jets.

According to a factory rep I asked, it can take up to ten minutes (depending on the size and configuration of your unit, outside temperature, etc.) to exhaust the warm air in the cavity and begin drawing cool air. The main purpose of "TA" is to give a frothy, bubbly massage effect, but people who have this option find it useful in the summer to help keep the water temperature down.

So.......in the winter where does it get this warm air from? Does it have a heater? Because most air blowers I have seen would empty the warm air cavity inside the cabinet in about 3 seconds and then the outside air would replace it through vents?

Winter or summer, the air inside the cabinet or an Arctic or Coyote spa is warmed by the equipment, especially the pump motors. With the blower on, yes, that air is eventually exhausted and cool outside air will be drawn in. If the customer uses a screened louvred 'summer door', the cavity air will be at ambient (outside) air temperature and the water will begin to cool as soon as the blower is turned on. With the Chiller supplying refrigerated air into the cavity, cooling will be achieved even in units that do not have the optional Therapy Air/blower.

I am going to correct this just a little bit. While I love the idea of a chiller to help with summer cooling I think it may be just a bit over the top.

And regarding it taking about 10 minutes to evacuate the cabinets warm air, with all due respect Tom, let me defer to....well never mind because i can't remember the calculations but simply, the second you turn the air blower on you begin to draw in outsie air, and if that air is say 20 degrees, your motor heat will be able to heat it, but minumaly by the time it is drawn into the blower. And depending on the location of the vents versus the intake for the blower you may get that cold air instantly drawn into the blower and into the water. So what I am saying is to say the warm air is the only thing that is injected into the water through the air blower until 10 minutes passes is very missleading. I had my dampers ducted directly to the pump motor schroud so that the only incoming air was directed right to the heat source before it was sucked into the blower intake. It helped but minumaly. I actualy put a piece of air hose on one air injector and measured the airs temp after 1 hour of pump run time right after the blower was turned on and watched the air temp fall untill it reached 5 degrees above the outside ambient. Took 3-4 minutes. That was a lousy experiment because I broke the barb on the water line when I tryed to get my plug off and had to replace some tubing....uhggggg but it showed my alot about emptying a warm air cabinet.

A "spa chiller".... any idea how hard this will be to reto-fit Tom?

This is the only draw-back I have seen so far about my Arctic. Let me explain...

Now that we are getting into the summer months I have turned the water temp down to 100°. Just the other night we had a couple over for drinks and a nice soak...while in the tub for 40 min, the temp of the water increased to 103° setting off the automatic therapy air option to cool the water.

When ever the set temp exceeds the actual temp by 2° this therapy air comes on to cool the water down..... this happens A LOT!... in the middle of the night during filtration, when your in it.... a lot. The kicker is, you can't turn it off till the temp drops...or unless you increase the temp.

I'm looking forward to this option.

Still Love Arctic

• 2 weeks later...

Still Love Arctic

The retrofit involves removing a door, cutting a hole in it, mounting the chiller with four screws and plugging it in to a designated socket on the pack, then remounting the door.

While it's something that most handypersons can manage, some dealers may do this in their shop using a spare door, in which case the retrofit involves removing one door, plugging in the chiller, and attaching the new door/chiller unit.

Still Love Arctic

The retrofit involves removing a door, cutting a hole in it, mounting the chiller with four screws and plugging it in to a designated socket on the pack, then remounting the door.

While it's something that most handypersons can manage, some dealers may do this in their shop using a spare door, in which case the retrofit involves removing one door, plugging in the chiller, and attaching the new door/chiller unit.

It seems very interesting.

Any idea on a release date?

The product was released to dealers on June 28. It might be too soon for them to be on display in stores yet, but you should be able to get more information from your dealer.

Chillerstraight.jpg

Any idea on a release date?

The product was released to dealers on June 28. It might be too soon for them to be on display in stores yet, but you should be able to get more information from your dealer.

Chillerstraight.jpg

Thank you Tom! :D