The Hurricane

Guest Jim Arjuna

Guest Jim Arjuna

It seems so petty right now to even post a post about hot tubs and spa when people are dying in Louisiana.

I am 57 years old, and I have never seen anything this bad in the United States.

I think we should all stop the insignificant nonsense and pray for those people in New Orleans.

I have customers and friends who live there. I can't imagine what they are going through. I tried to call and there are no phone lines. The city is dead.

God! I feel for this amazing tragedy. How can anything have any value when thousands are dying.

Guest Lablover2004

I totally agree with you here Jim. Our petty little annoyances of life are nothing compared to the tragedy in the Gulf coast region.

We are seeing a small speck of God's wrath upon us. The United States needs to get back to the basics on which this country was founded. Our value system here is corrupted and morals are nonexistant.

May God have mercy on us, may people begin to change their hearts.

So petty 'right now'? Take a look under numerous city bridges; look in the local homeless shelters and you will see a disheartening site of people who have been living a 'disaster' all their lives. How many times have you driven by a hungry person begging for food at a stop light? Have you continued with your 'insignificant nonsense' in the midst of tradgedy that occurs every day; amongst our own communities? 'Thousands' have been dying .... even before Katrina.

"God's wrath upon us"...um, well, not to start a religious debate, you have a right to your views and me to mine, but everytime I hear someone say that I have to remind them, this is a "Natural Disaster", so called because meteorologists know the reasons why and the conditions that hurricanes occur in, and they are naturally occuring upon this planet every day.

And I do agree that we should not worry about our petty little annoyances, but I also agree with Carrie, these happen everyday. In my opinoin, when people are only concerned when massive amounts of people die in their own country, but are not concerned with the massive amounts of people dying every day due to lack of food and sanitary water and rampant disease in other countries (that we could very easily send our money and support to as well), I am skeptical as to if they are actually concerned about other people as human beings, or only about their American counterparts. In my opinion, every human on earth, the one thing that keeps us alive, should have proper amounts of the earth's rations, and not take too much for themselves. Our materialistic society discards and throws out so much that we are not helping anyone else.

If you are concerned for the people in the Southern States hit by the hurricane, please help them by donating to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, or other reputable organizations helping out; but after this is resolved in our own nation, look to helping those who are homeless and starving here as well as in other countries.

If we can unite now, then we should be able to unite always. Long live America.

Guest coloradcrusader

well put carrie my wife and I feed the homeless once a month here in Denver and we worrry about our own homeless!.Please take another look in your own area!

I agree that this is a tragedy and also that are are many tragedies every day. Perhaps this is a good time to really think about how each of us as individuals respond to each tragedy on a daily basis not just when it's in our back yard so to speak. It's unfortunate that it takes something drastic to make some people examine what they are really living for. But it's a good reminder to ALWAYS be thinking of ways we can help each other and think beyond our own desires. I have a hard time understanding why I get to go home to my warm and dry home with my kitties and lovely child learning to read with a hot meal to enjoy with my mate while others not only here in America but ALL OVER THE WORLD are really struggling to survive. I think about it every single day. It is important to do everything you can to take care of what is around you and each other. From recycling toilet paper rolls to saving animals off the street and donating to organizations. Anyone in this spa forum has a little to spare and share if they have the luxery of a spa.

Guest W. B. Trotter

It is apparent that none of you live in South Louisiana.

Well I live in Slidell, Louisiana -- I am looking for a Spa to replace the one that was destroyed by the Hurricane.

I am sick and tired of hearing about the poor people down here. Look at the people on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. They were devistated you do not see television crews over there -- those people did not suck off the government and are picking thrmselves up and getting one with business. The same here in Slidell.

Yes we got hit by a hurricane. However, New Orleans did not get hurt very badly by the hurricane.

I grew up in New Orleans and have watched the politicians of New Orleans feed from the political trough and fill their own pockets while ignoring the infrastructure of the city, namely the levees. The New Orleans Parish Levee board is to blame for not maintaining the levees in a state of repair.

Now as for all the poor people. Well now you are seeing the results of a welfare state where people are expecting the federal government to do something for them and they are not willing to do for themselves!

So unless you live here and are from here you have no right to feel so sorry for the people here. If you really want to help the city recover, then write your congressman or woman and tell him or her that you think that the people in the hurricane area should be exempt from paying income tax for the next three to four years and then you will see what the private sector can do!!

Do not try to blame President Bush and the Fedreral Government -- Point all of your fingers at the local politicians that have run New Orleans into the ground over the last 50 years!

Now I will continue to look for a new spa