Used Spa Question, Jacuzzi J-320 $3500?

mattNY

As title - this spa came up on craigslist last night: http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/135846529.html (Jacuzzi, purchased 2004, cover & cover lifter, $3500 OBO)

Asked the owner for some more info., it's a J-320 with 3.5 yrs left on the warranty and a synthetic exterior.

Any thoughts on this tub/price? It's a little smaller than I was looking for (web search shows 84"L X 76"W X 34"H), but it's warrantied through a reputable dealer who also happens to live closeby, which is a big plus. It's also within the realm of an "impulse" buy instead of continuing to pump money into my savings account ;)

If anyone has any ideas on how much it might cost to contract someone to transport the tub, I'd appreciate ideas on that front too, since I'd factor that into my decision.

As title - this spa came up on craigslist last night: http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/135846529.html (Jacuzzi, purchased 2004, cover & cover lifter, $3500 OBO)

Asked the owner for some more info., it's a J-320 with 3.5 yrs left on the warranty and a synthetic exterior.

Any thoughts on this tub/price? It's a little smaller than I was looking for (web search shows 84"L X 76"W X 34"H), but it's warrantied through a reputable dealer who also happens to live closeby, which is a big plus. It's also within the realm of an "impulse" buy instead of continuing to pump money into my savings account ;)

If anyone has any ideas on how much it might cost to contract someone to transport the tub, I'd appreciate ideas on that front too, since I'd factor that into my decision.

hey matt, I would ask that dealer if he is willing to warranty the spa personally as the jacuzzi warranty is not transferable. i would offer them 2700-3000 as spas like cars depreciate considerably after one year even if it's like new. that spa would have retailed for 4400-4800 most likely in 04. typically we charge out here in CA. 250-400 for a spa move depending on diffuctuly and distance spa is being moved. the spa is a 4 person max. and check when actually purchased they chanfged the model # to j-325 in 04, j-320 is an 03 model the difference is 04 is 110/220 with 1.5 hp pump and the 03 is 220 only with a 2.5 hp pump. it could be a late 03 purchased in 04

hey matt, I would ask that dealer if he is willing to warranty the spa personally as the jacuzzi warranty is not transferable. i would offer them 2700-3000 as spas like cars depreciate considerably after one year even if it's like new. that spa would have retailed for 4400-4800 most likely in 04. typically we charge out here in CA. 250-400 for a spa move depending on diffuctuly and distance spa is being moved. the spa is a 4 person max. and check when actually purchased they chanfged the model # to j-325 in 04, j-320 is an 03 model the difference is 04 is 110/220 with 1.5 hp pump and the 03 is 220 only with a 2.5 hp pump.

Get a trailer and move it yourself. Tip it up on its side with some moving blankets layed out to pretect the sides. Then tip it motor/equipment side down. Put the trailer next to it and set it back down on the trailer then use gravity and slide it right on.

I would never pay that much for a used spa. If you can't see it running you have no idea what's wrong with it. Offer them 2000. I wouldn't go any higher than about 25 maybe 28

Get a trailer and move it yourself. Tip it up on its side with some moving blankets layed out to pretect the sides. Then tip it motor/equipment side down. Put the trailer next to it and set it back down on the trailer then use gravity and slide it right on.

I would never pay that much for a used spa. If you can't see it running you have no idea what's wrong with it. Offer them 2000. I wouldn't go any higher than about 25 maybe 28

Is the warranty transferable to the new owner? Also I observed a problem with the framing of the tub in this forum. Another guy had a problem with it being out of line or warped and returned it back to the manufacturer for them to replace the whole tub and now the new tub has the same problem. Do a little more research with the company you will be dealing with now

Thanks a lot for the informative replies. The owner assured me they could transfer the warranty, but as suggested I'd have to call the dealer to be certain. I also remember looking at the J-325 last year and it was $5400 with cover and cover lifter from the same dealer, so if they truly did pay $6900 a year earlier that seems odd.

I'll have to think on this further. I may see if I can go look at it running and put in a lowball offer, but I'm leaning towards holding off and saving up for a larger model.

Thanks a lot for the informative replies. The owner assured me they could transfer the warranty, but as suggested I'd have to call the dealer to be certain. I also remember looking at the J-325 last year and it was $5400 with cover and cover lifter from the same dealer, so if they truly did pay $6900 a year earlier that seems odd.

I'll have to think on this further. I may see if I can go look at it running and put in a lowball offer, but I'm leaning towards holding off and saving up for a larger model.

Is Harrow's your dealer in NY? Are you on the Island?

What is the name of the place you purchased the tub? That is near Albany NY