D1 Chairman 2

chuck3

I am a first time hot tub buyer. I have several hot tub dealers in my area and have looked at several. The three I have narrowed it down to are, Hot springs- Envoy $ 7500.00, Coleman 471 - $6500.00 and the one that I liked the best the D1 Chairman 2 $ 9200.00. Just wondering what more experienced hot tub people thought of these tub and the pricing I've received.

Thanks

I am a first time hot tub buyer. I have several hot tub dealers in my area and have looked at several. The three I have narrowed it down to are, Hot springs- Envoy $ 7500.00, Coleman 471 - $6500.00 and the one that I liked the best the D1 Chairman 2 $ 9200.00. Just wondering what more experienced hot tub people thought of these tub and the pricing I've received.

Thanks

Hey there Chuck, to start Hot Springs makes a nice tub, Coleman is decent, D1 is primo, thus the pricing differential. The models in the lineups are also not so comparable other than size. Have you wet tested? Personally, if price is not the issue I would pounce on the D1, however if it is a concern the Hot Springs would be a nice prospect. Look into the filtration systems of both as well as ozonation, heating, and energy efficiency, but the #1 judge is how comfortable the tub is to you...WET TEST.

Thanks

I'd put Hot Springs and D1 at the top but Coleman is fine too. I imagine the D1 is more expensive because you're looking at a higher end model or simply a larger spa than the Hot Springs so I'm not sure if comparing price between them is really relevent (I'm sure the Hot Springs and Coleman have spas at $9k also).

Le tthe wet test be your guide.

I'd put Hot Springs and D1 at the top but Coleman is fine too. I imagine the D1 is more expensive because you're looking at a higher end model or simply a larger spa than the Hot Springs so I'm not sure if comparing price between them is really relevent (I'm sure the Hot Springs and Coleman have spas at $9k also).

Le tthe wet test be your guide.

The coleman 705 and 706 is the high end model. Coleman in 1 or 2 weeks will have the M6 spa, the ultimate in therapy and entertainment. The lounge on this M6 will have an electronic sequencer or random jet massage programmable for the user. The difference between hot springs and coleman is Hotsprings has wood frame and full foam as opposed to coleman with the thermal lock insulation and no wood in the frame as well. D1 I think is too high priced for what the product offers. Wet test all of them and see what you think. Try sitting in the 700 series Coleman because at 9K it is worth it. Where are you from?

The coleman 705 and 706 is the high end model. Coleman in 1 or 2 weeks will have the M6 spa, the ultimate in therapy and entertainment.

Holy Brainwashing Batman! I must have this M6 spa you speak of.

The lounge on this M6 will have an electronic sequencer or random jet massage programmable for the user.

You mean they're ripping of D1? It's been done and you don't sound too keen on your competition. Read up a bit more because the Chairman II is worth it and already has the features you're describing in the almighty M6!!!! I'm sure overly justifying the price in that aspect alone. :D

The difference between hot springs and coleman is Hotsprings has wood frame and full foam as opposed to coleman with the thermal lock insulation and no wood in the frame as well.

I agree, those are two main differences between the Hot Springs/D1 spas and Coleman but why would you point out Coleman's shortcomings? ;)B)

Thanks for the unbiased info, for the most part, on these spas. I plan on wet testing all three of them this weekend, wanted to do all of them at the same time for a better comparison. The Chairman 2 that I will be testing is a new model just delivered to the store. we looked at an 05 model and liked it but it sold before we had a chance to look at others.

For those of you that are salesman... The guy that sells the D1 spas was by far the best and most informative of his spas and psas in general. He also did not put down any other spas that we mentioned to him. He recommended this site as well as others to get some input.

I am in Delaware.

Thanks for the unbiased info, for the most part, on these spas. I plan on wet testing all three of them this weekend, wanted to do all of them at the same time for a better comparison. The Chairman 2 that I will be testing is a new model just delivered to the store. we looked at an 05 model and liked it but it sold before we had a chance to look at others.

For those of you that are salesman... The guy that sells the D1 spas was by far the best and most informative of his spas and psas in general. He also did not put down any other spas that we mentioned to him. He recommended this site as well as others to get some input.

I am in Delaware.

He should know differences and do comparisons

In my original thread I asked for recommendations on the three spas, Hot springs Envoy @ $7500.00(2005 model), Coleman 471 @ $6500.00(2005 model) and a Dimension one Chairman II @ $9200.00(2006 model). Are these prices reasonable for my area, Delaware. From my research they all appear to be the upper quality spas. I will be wet testing them this weekend. I was just wondering how much room is their to negotiate with price.

Thank you for any help you can give me on this topic of price.

In my original thread I asked for recommendations on the three spas, Hot springs Envoy @ $7500.00(2005 model), Coleman 471 @ $6500.00(2005 model) and a Dimension one Chairman II @ $9200.00(2006 model). Are these prices reasonable for my area, Delaware. From my research they all appear to be the upper quality spas. I will be wet testing them this weekend. I was just wondering how much room is their to negotiate with price.

Thank you for any help you can give me on this topic of price.

I know the Coleman is priced great compared to Long Island NY. Is the Coleman the Deluxe or the Premium model. The premium has the blower, fiberoptic lighting, and seperate access control. We sell the Coleman 471 deluxe without the premium shell and SS jets for 6645 and that is clearance for 2005 but stock is limited. Why not look at the 481? It should go for 7000 or so and is more comprable to the envoy. The envoy has wooden frame, full foam, 39 jets(colemans 471 has 38 and 481 has 45 jets with gavalume lifetime frame like master), 2 motors (Envoy 1-1spd 2hp and 1-2spd. 2 hp. motor and the Coleman 471 has two 2.5 2 spd hp motors 481 has 2-3hp motors not including the 11/2hp. blower). When you wet test the envoy you might find out that the moto message feels like you are driving over speed pumps but dont panic you still have others to wet test. Coleman and HOtsprings both have 100percent filtration, difference is one has circulating pump and the other doesn't. Is the Ozone included? Wet test them all and let me know what you decided. If you decide for the Chairman 2 you might as well go ahead and get the 705 or 706 model (9,000 or so) with coleman because the coleman has 53 jets the chairman has 51. Wood frame on D1, gavalume steel or Coleman. 3 pumps @ 2.5hp on coleman and 2 pumps @ 2.5hp on chairman, and you might want to consider more power for that amount of jets regardless. D1 has full foam and coleman once again with Thermal lock for slightly better efficiency for energy conservation. 5 colors to choose from on D1 and 8 colors to choose from on Coleman. D1 has more siding colors to choose from. How are the dealers and track record? Keep into consideration the cost to repair a full foam tub in the future. Have a great time choosing the right spa

Thanks for the info on the Colemans. The dealer for them did not have much of a selection, he commented that he was waiting for the 06 models to come out.

I hope when I go and wet test the coleman that he has some of the newer models, I would like to test something comparable to the Chairman 2 to give it a fair comparison.

The Envoy is the Hot Spring model that I will be wet testing, can someone tell me what model I should test in the Hotsprings line that would be able to compare to the D1 spa.

I think they are all quality spas so I would like to be able to compare apples to apples.

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks for the info on the Colemans. The dealer for them did not have much of a selection, he commented that he was waiting for the 06 models to come out.

I hope when I go and wet test the coleman that he has some of the newer models, I would like to test something comparable to the Chairman 2 to give it a fair comparison.

The Envoy is the Hot Spring model that I will be wet testing, can someone tell me what model I should test in the Hotsprings line that would be able to compare to the D1 spa.

I think they are all quality spas so I would like to be able to compare apples to apples.

Thanks again for all the help.

The Grandee HS goes for about 9G's, and if you can get a chance I really think you should try to wet test that 700 series without a doubt. The best bang for the buck is your 706.

The Grandee HS goes for about 9G's, and if you can get a chance I really think you should try to wet test that 700 series without a doubt. The best bang for the buck is your 706.

You keep forgeting to say "In my Opinion" In my opinion I think the D1 will give you more bang for the buck.