Cloudy Spa water

Guest Carol Pelosi

Guest Carol Pelosi

We just purchased our Hot Tub 8/15/05. I have always maintained a proper chemical regime, and the water has been crystal clear. Last Friday nite my husband and I used the spa and the water was perfect. No one touched the tub until Sunday nite when we open the cover to find cloudy milky water. I put in non-chlorine shock after every use. Does anyone know why it's cloudy and how do I correct it. I've benn adding chlorine and non-chlorine shock all day and it's still cloudy. Ph and Alk are fine. Help?

Any time the water turns on me, I shock it heavily with some chlorine and it'll clear up.

I would use chlorine per use, not the non-chlorine shock per use. I'd only use the non-chlorine shock once per week to shock it. Using chlorine per use is great as its effective but dissipates quickly so the next day when you go to use it you should find it clean, clear and not heavily chlorine laiden.