White Foam Problem

Jerry123

I use bromine for a sanitizer and baking soda for alkalinity increaser. I have Liesure time test strips which indicate everything is normal. The one exception here is that I have a Bromine level in the "normal" range even though i have an ozone generator and only a "presence" of bromine is necessary.

First, let me say that my water is crystal clear with no foul odors.

Now....when i use the pumps on high speed, a white foam is generated, open up the air pump and i get more foam, like a big cappucino. If i shut the pumps down the foam immediately dissapates from the surface but the water remains cloudy for a few minutes. Liesuretime "foam down" has some positive effect but not completely. I also rtied the enzyme liquid because it is supposed to dissapate body oils which i figure must be encapsulating air in the water.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.

I use bromine for a sanitizer and baking soda for alkalinity increaser. I have Liesure time test strips which indicate everything is normal. The one exception here is that I have a Bromine level in the "normal" range even though i have an ozone generator and only a "presence" of bromine is necessary.

First, let me say that my water is crystal clear with no foul odors.

Now....when i use the pumps on high speed, a white foam is generated, open up the air pump and i get more foam, like a big cappucino. If i shut the pumps down the foam immediately dissapates from the surface but the water remains cloudy for a few minutes. Liesuretime "foam down" has some positive effect but not completely. I also rtied the enzyme liquid because it is supposed to dissapate body oils which i figure must be encapsulating air in the water.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.

Try letting the scum bug or scum ball float around in the spa to pick up remenents. Its from shampoos, gels, ect... Use less foam out as well. I have found that Super Blue clarifier by Robarb works extremely well but only a little bit/.

Jerry123

I use occasional chorine crystals with built in ozonator and I add chlorine usually after use. To keep water clear, I use 3 chemicals during the week. mondays about 1-2oz of bright and clear (leisurtime), on Wed about 1-2 oz of defender (leisuretime), and on Friday's about 1 oz of enzyme (leisuretime). I was not doing the enzyme for a period of time and noticed the same condition you mention. I would have to use a foam down with every use. After using the enzyme for about 3 weeks now, I have noticed very little foam, and have been able to stop using the foam down.

Jerry123

I use occasional chorine crystals with built in ozonator and I add chlorine usually after use. To keep water clear, I use 3 chemicals during the week. mondays about 1-2oz of bright and clear (leisurtime), on Wed about 1-2 oz of defender (leisuretime), and on Friday's about 1 oz of enzyme (leisuretime). I was not doing the enzyme for a period of time and noticed the same condition you mention. I would have to use a foam down with every use. After using the enzyme for about 3 weeks now, I have noticed very little foam, and have been able to stop using the foam down

Just take a shower before every use if possible to prevent further foam in the future

There is usually a defaoming agent available at your local spa co. A little of this goes a long way and it's kindof fun to watch it work! You can also turn your jets on for a few minutes till the foam "piles up" and scoop it off the top of the water eliminating most of the source of the bubbles.

You can also get your water tested (or have a spa co. test it for you) for "phosphates". Although not all spa companies test for this. The phosphates is the actual cause of the foam... usually found in detergents n such. There is a number of phosphate removing agents as well so it's more like treating the cause (phosphates) instead of the effect (bubbles/foam).

Don't worry though.. you shouldn't glow in the dark from it! :D