Honda Spas

JOKERSOAKER

My friend in Tokyo recently came across an ad by Japenese auto maker Honda showing renderings of what looks like a spa prototype in a Japanese trade magazine. The ad features a Japanese pro tennis star soaking in a beige round spa with tennis raquet floating. The ad was full of Japansese writing and he could not read most of it. I heard rumors that Honda is making their own pumps and using a Chinese plastics manufacturer for jets and plumbing. More info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Joe

Grand Rapids, MI

My friend in Tokyo recently came across an ad by Japenese auto maker Honda showing renderings of what looks like a spa prototype in a Japanese trade magazine. The ad features a Japanese pro tennis star soaking in a beige round spa with tennis raquet floating. The ad was full of Japansese writing and he could not read most of it. I heard rumors that Honda is making their own pumps and using a Chinese plastics manufacturer for jets and plumbing. More info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Joe

Grand Rapids, MI

China is also developing a line of spas. They will be offering these at half the price of US made products. I will keep the forum updated to let you know when these products hit the US borders.

TBK

GOD BLESS

Happy Huntiing.

I think when it comes to a spa... the company that manufactures it and the support you recieve thereafter is equally important (if not more so) as the "good deal" that you get when purchasing it.

I'll be interested to see what kind of warranties, service support, assistance in knowing how to take care of your spa... etc. that one would get from a purchase overseas.

Lets take one "if" scenario...

"if" there is a crack in the shell after a short period... what would be the cost of shipping a spa to Japan or China for them to build you a new one?

I think I would stick with a local manufacturer for this very reason.

I think when it comes to a spa... the company that manufactures it and the support you recieve thereafter is equally important (if not more so) as the "good deal" that you get when purchasing it.

I'll be interested to see what kind of warranties, service support, assistance in knowing how to take care of your spa... etc. that one would get from a purchase overseas.

"if" there is a crack in the shell after a short period... what would be the cost of shipping a spa to Japan or China for them to build you a new one?

Well put, Amanda. If they have to ship a new spa, it would get a bit expensive to do so overseas. If you look at the cost of ground shipping in N.America, it can be several hundred dollars, imagine overseas? This would not be feasible for the company if they have to replace from overseas, and offer the same satisfaction of N.American manufacturers.

No Honda would have an MNC based here in this country for that reason. It would be cheaper labor for them with same quality and warranties would be for the particular company. I would sell hondas, kawasaki's, yamaha spas, or even BMW spas, perhaps, Bentley spas. **** thats not good lol

Well put, Amanda. If they have to ship a new spa, it would get a bit expensive to do so overseas. If you look at the cost of ground shipping in N.America, it can be several hundred dollars, imagine overseas? This would not be feasible for the company if they have to replace from overseas, and offer the same satisfaction of N.American manufacturers.

They would ship them in the thousands if it were complete. If not they would have MNC's built here with the parts shipped dirt cheap. Either way its a scary thought

Actually shipping is not that expensive. I talked to a HotSpring dealer from Norway and he told me it was cheaper to get his spas shipped from California rather than from the Brussels manufacturing site. His shipping cost were less than mine!

They would ship them in the thousands if it were complete. If not they would have MNC's built here with the parts shipped dirt cheap. Either way its a scary thought

I know with spa furniture sets... you can get an awsome deal on one made in China because they are ordered in the thousands. But if a couple years down the road, something happens and you need to just replace ONE chair with fabric or get a leg for a table... well, once the sets are sold it's really hard to get what you need as far as replacements go.

Another scenerio... My car is a Volkswagon Beetle. I LOVE bugs! BUT... after finally owning one, I realized there are some downfalls that came with my favorite car. For instance, the window tabs (that hold the window to open and shut it) busted after a short while. Turned out to be an extended warranty issue cus they ALL were doing that since they were made of plastic. They made new ones made out of metal but (check this!) I had to wait over two months because the entire united states was COMPLETELY out of them!!!! No-one could tell me when they were coming in! So... since my window wasn't working... I duct-taped a flowered shower curtain on the window. NOT the kindof flower power I was looking for in my car. Of course eventually it all gotten taken care of, but I had to schedule it out a long way once the parts came in so I wouldn't have to pay for a rental car while mine was being fixed.

I'm sure a reputable company would have some kind of "outlet store" just like there are tons of Volkswagon dealers... but, well... I'm still all for buying locally.

I know with spa furniture sets... you can get an awsome deal on one made in China because they are ordered in the thousands. But if a couple years down the road, something happens and you need to just replace ONE chair with fabric or get a leg for a table... well, once the sets are sold it's really hard to get what you need as far as replacements go.

Another scenerio... My car is a Volkswagon Beetle. I LOVE bugs! BUT... after finally owning one, I realized there are some downfalls that came with my favorite car. For instance, the window tabs (that hold the window to open and shut it) busted after a short while. Turned out to be an extended warranty issue cus they ALL were doing that since they were made of plastic. They made new ones made out of metal but (check this!) I had to wait over two months because the entire united states was COMPLETELY out of them!!!! No-one could tell me when they were coming in! So... since my window wasn't working... I duct-taped a flowered shower curtain on the window. NOT the kindof flower power I was looking for in my car. Of course eventually it all gotten taken care of, but I had to schedule it out a long way once the parts came in so I wouldn't have to pay for a rental car while mine was being fixed.

I'm sure a reputable company would have some kind of "outlet store" just like there are tons of Volkswagon dealers... but, well... I'm still all for buying locally.

The morale of the story is waiting for parts to be serviced

The morale of the story is waiting for parts to be serviced

The process will be as if they were made in the U.S. they will have a plant in the us, part of the product will be finished here. and they will have dealers just like U.S. made spas. so service will be a quick turn-a-round.

TBK.

The process will be as if they were made in the U.S. they will have a plant in the us, part of the product will be finished here. and they will have dealers just like U.S. made spas. so service will be a quick turn-a-round.

TBK.

Exactly right. And the fact is they have probably been doing there research for some time and know what the customer wants. They will be technologically advanced spas, probably at a good price

Sounds a lot like the Volkswagon dealer I went to. Volkswagon's been around forever.. they are technologically advanced, they have a parts/service depts all over the place.

Of course... just about anything you pick up these days has a "made in China" sticker on it. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Still... I think supporting our local economy has some extreme value to it.

Just to make sure you know I'm not being hypocritical... my bug was a gift. It had a bow and everything. So if someone wants to give me a spa... I'm all for it! ;)

Sounds a lot like the Volkswagon dealer I went to. Volkswagon's been around forever.. they are technologically advanced, they have a parts/service depts all over the place.

Of course... just about anything you pick up these days has a "made in China" sticker on it. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Still... I think supporting our local economy has some extreme value to it.

Just to make sure you know I'm not being hypocritical... my bug was a gift. It had a bow and everything. So if someone wants to give me a spa... I'm all for it! ;)

Now that global economy has come to the forefront and alot more international trade, it could be better for the consumer because of price but hurt us domestically. That is why we put higher tarrifs and barriers of trade when we need to sell more domestically, especially when the interest rate yeild curve is inverted. When the fed funds rate is high that means we need to lower the money supply growth in the economy with an open market operations tool the fed uses to restrict or contract the economy otherwise high inflation occurs and during that time we need to buy domestically despite the MNC's Honda spa located in america.