Dealer Or Consumer

dpgtech

I am writing this post in response to a post in the "I bought artic..." thread by smilinbare I believe it was. he asked how many dealers are active on the forum versus consumers. So I thought I would share in the interest of full disclosure. I am a service technician for Coleman spas and Jacuzzi spas we sell both at my company. I also do sales and deliveries. I try to give accurate advice, and my opinion about the products i sell and other products I compete against, because I feel those are the ones I know best. I think the products I sell are quality products, and I also think there are many other quality spas out there as well. so with all this out in the open feel free to value or discard my opinions, because that is what they are just opinions. educated ones I hope, but opinions none the less.

To add another thought to the topic... when you look at the amount of "views" a topic has had... it can help indicate how many "non-dealers" there are as compared to the actual comments made. Most of the people that are giving input are going to be a dealer or technician or saleperson simply because a lot of us are here specifically to help. (Although sometimes I think there may be one or two that come around to try to "sell" by degrading other spas or make theirs look to be the best- they don't usually last very long) There are a few "spa owners" or educated consumers that will comment as well. I think these educated consumers that spend there time commenting regularly are diamonds in the rough! It's wonderful to know that there are folks out there that DON'T work in the industry and spend their time being helpful. Many topics originally posted are from researching consumers and the topics are read my many people that aren't in the industry for further self-education when shopping for a spa or trying to keep their current spa in good shape.

So it may SEEM like there are only dealers and industry folk in here but it's just because most shopping consumers are mostly reading comments and not MAKING comments. I would like to take just a moment to encourage shoppers/researchers to share any thoughts or concerns throughout each topic posted. Your thoughts, ideas, concerns are very important to me and I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for YOU!

To add another thought to the topic... when you look at the amount of "views" a topic has had... it can help indicate how many "non-dealers" there are as compared to the actual comments made. Most of the people that are giving input are going to be a dealer or technician or saleperson simply because a lot of us are here specifically to help. (Although sometimes I think there may be one or two that come around to try to "sell" by degrading other spas or make theirs look to be the best- they don't usually last very long) There are a few "spa owners" or educated consumers that will comment as well. I think these educated consumers that spend there time commenting regularly are diamonds in the rough! It's wonderful to know that there are folks out there that DON'T work in the industry and spend their time being helpful. Many topics originally posted are from researching consumers and the topics are read my many people that aren't in the industry for further self-education when shopping for a spa or trying to keep their current spa in good shape.

So it may SEEM like there are only dealers and industry folk in here but it's just because most shopping consumers are mostly reading comments and not MAKING comments. I would like to take just a moment to encourage shoppers/researchers to share any thoughts or concerns throughout each topic posted. Your thoughts, ideas, concerns are very important to me and I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for YOU!

Well said Amanda, I also am here to help and my reward is learning consumer trends , wants & desires. So ditto all of the above.

• 1 month later...

Well said Amanda, I also am here to help and my reward is learning consumer trends , wants & desires. So ditto all of the above.

I like when people give the adv. and disadv's so people can make an informed buying decision.

He who weigh option, make informed decision

I am a consumer. I just ordered my first hot tub ever. I have just recently started adding comments but I have been reading here off and on for a couple of years. I thought that I might be of some help to people buying there first tub since I have recently wet tested many/most of the main brands out there. I should also add that I am a Mechanical Engineer and while I am in aerosapce engineering, I do everything from material science to structural analysis to heat transfer. I do get a kick out of reading all of the differnt views on things like full foam/partial foam. I love some of the sales propoganda as well. I used to do retail sales as well as car sales, so I have heard and most likely pitched every line in the book. :blink:

My experience with hot tubs is minimal compared to some. I have had friends and family with hot tubs but never one of my own. I am looking forward to having a new luxry tub in my own backyard.

So with that being siad, happy soaking

I am a consumer. I just ordered my first hot tub ever. I have just recently started adding comments but I have been reading here off and on for a couple of years. I thought that I might be of some help to people buying there first tub since I have recently wet tested many/most of the main brands out there. I should also add that I am a Mechanical Engineer and while I am in aerosapce engineering, I do everything from material science to structural analysis to heat transfer. I do get a kick out of reading all of the differnt views on things like full foam/partial foam. I love some of the sales propoganda as well. I used to do retail sales as well as car sales, so I have heard and most likely pitched every line in the book. :blink:

My experience with hot tubs is minimal compared to some. I have had friends and family with hot tubs but never one of my own. I am looking forward to having a new luxry tub in my own backyard.

So with that being siad, happy soaking

Welcome to the board and i hope you enjoy your new tub, whatever brand it may be i'm sure you'll get much enjoyment out of it. And it's also nice to see you didn't mention if either FF or TP is better, even with your background :-) After all, are we out to enjoy the tub or the insulation? I'd rather sit in the hot, soothing water than on the lumpy, itchy, insulation. Once again, enjoy your new purchase!

Welcome to the board and i hope you enjoy your new tub, whatever brand it may be i'm sure you'll get much enjoyment out of it. And it's also nice to see you didn't mention if either FF or TP is better, even with your background :-) After all, are we out to enjoy the tub or the insulation? I'd rather sit in the hot, soothing water than on the lumpy, itchy, insulation. Once again, enjoy your new purchase!

Thank you, I wasnt going to give my opinion on the FF or PF issue. I didnt want to turn this into a foam debate. You are very correct. The comfort is what your after. You can argue either way all day long. I was looking at the rest of the tub as my first priority. My philosophy is that if you arent comfortable in the tub, insulation isnt a concern.

Buy what you like!

I have made my opinion be heard on other threads about tubs like the costco. I have draw a fine line on some brands. I have my standards.

Thank you, I wasnt going to give my opinion on the FF or PF issue. I didnt want to turn this into a foam debate. You are very correct. The comfort is what your after. You can argue either way all day long. I was looking at the rest of the tub as my first priority. My philosophy is that if you arent comfortable in the tub, insulation isnt a concern.

Buy what you like!

I have made my opinion be heard on other threads about tubs like the costco. I have draw a fine line on some brands. I have my standards.

FF or PF have there goods and bad, mabye one more so than the other but time only tells. You have to wet test before purchasing if you care about the compfort and not just dry test.