Where's The Fizz?

Carol_In_GA

We are looking for a hot tub. It will be our 3rd. First one we had was a 6 person round tub with few jets – more of a soaking tub – we did like it but wanted more water action and fizz. The second was a Jaccuzzi Premium. It was a nice tub but even with all the jets left me disappointed in the experience- couldn’t find one with fizz. We realized we really liked the round tub best and have researched and found the Nordic- which we will probably end up with. BUT…

Years ago – when I was not even thinking of buying a hot tub, I got into one that felt like a swirling champagne bath- all fizzy. I loved it and guess that is why I haven’t been happy with any of the ones we have had so far- looking for the fizz experience. I understand that several years ago the major manufacturers quit putting in the separate air jets so that all you had going on was swirling water- maybe with air injected through the water jet, but certainly not fizz. Now it seems that I am seeing separate air jets again- do these really fizz? Does anyone own a hot tub that makes you feel like you are sitting in a swirling glass of champagne?

I keep waiting to see a hot tub like this - they are making the bathroom tubs with air injectors so I thought it might be a trend. Sure hope so. <_<

We are looking for a hot tub. It will be our 3rd. First one we had was a 6 person round tub with few jets – more of a soaking tub – we did like it but wanted more water action and fizz. The second was a Jaccuzzi Premium. It was a nice tub but even with all the jets left me disappointed in the experience- couldn’t find one with fizz. We realized we really liked the round tub best and have researched and found the Nordic- which we will probably end up with. BUT…

Years ago – when I was not even thinking of buying a hot tub, I got into one that felt like a swirling champagne bath- all fizzy. I loved it and guess that is why I haven’t been happy with any of the ones we have had so far- looking for the fizz experience. I understand that several years ago the major manufacturers quit putting in the separate air jets so that all you had going on was swirling water- maybe with air injected through the water jet, but certainly not fizz. Now it seems that I am seeing separate air jets again- do these really fizz? Does anyone own a hot tub that makes you feel like you are sitting in a swirling glass of champagne?

I keep waiting to see a hot tub like this - they are making the bathroom tubs with air injectors so I thought it might be a trend. Sure hope so. <_<

The fizzing is from a high level of bromide. Keep your spa heavily sanitized and you will have that fizz.

Have you tried throwing in a pound or so of alka-seltzer? Lol, just kidding. I'm not sure about fizz, but i own an arctic spa with therapy air. This is seperate from the jets and can be turned on by itself. It's more like "bubbling" than fizzing, you'd have to check them out to see if it's what you are talking about. I know there are other brands out there as well with similar features, so ask the dealers while shopping around.

Some spas have air injected in combination with water through a jst, some have a seperate air blower that makes the big "bubbles". I would be REALLY careful and make sure that your sanitizer stays in the "ok" range. Dried out skin, that chemical smell, and potential damage to your spa and or cover could occur, bleaching out your bathingsuit or hair, etc. Best thing is to go and see the local spas running to see if they give you the air mixture that you are looking for.

You could also get some serious bubbles if you've had someone wear clothing in your spa as the residuals from laundry detergents can "stick around" for a while and make everything gloriously bubbly. I wouldn't recommend that either but it sure is interesting to see the foam stack up! :D

Our spa has separate air injectors on the corner seat jets and a separate air blower with two speeds.

We use the air in different ways.

If we are really sore we turn on the seat air injectors. It basically just pulls air into the jet and makes it more forceful. These can be turned on and off for the various seats.

The Blower jet adds forced air to the jets as well as plain bubble injectors. This is an all tub or nothing thing. This will fill the tub with lot's of fizz since it also comes out of the floor jets. We don't use this as much for several reasons. One the blower is significantly louder than the jet motors. We can have the water pumps running on high speed with air injectors on and carry on a normal conversation. You really have to raise your voice when the air blower is on. Two, Running the blower can also make it too fizzy. If it is really cold out the fizz starts freezing on my beard and face and your head gets cold. On the other hand in the summer when it is hot out and the water pumps start adding heat to the tub turning on the bubbles can cool the water and the mist on your face can be refreshing with a breeze.

I can think of chemicals that would make the tub fizz but would not want to complicate my water treatment or filtration by using any of them.

Rika

We don't use this as much for several reasons. One the blower is significantly louder than the jet motors. We can have the water pumps running on high speed with air injectors on and carry on a normal conversation. You really have to raise your voice when the air blower is on.

Rika

Some spa manufacturers have adressed the issue of a loud blower. This is a really good point that Rika brought up. You definately want to HEAR the spa if you can prior to purchasing one... especially if it's going to be next to your bedroom or close to the house at all for that matter. Some spas, I've heard from people actually make the neighbors mad they are so loud! :o Crazy! It's supposed to be a relaxing experience isn't it? Good luck finding your fizzies!

Oh, and Happy Valentines Day!!! :wub:

Some spa manufacturers have adressed the issue of a loud blower. This is a really good point that Rika brought up. You definately want to HEAR the spa if you can prior to purchasing one... especially if it's going to be next to your bedroom or close to the house at all for that matter. Some spas, I've heard from people actually make the neighbors mad they are so loud! :o Crazy! It's supposed to be a relaxing experience isn't it? Good luck finding your fizzies!

Oh, and Happy Valentines Day!!! :wub:

Did anyone at the party happen to drop alot of soda in the spa? :rolleyes:

Did anyone at the party happen to drop alot of soda in the spa? :rolleyes:

If it made people sugary sweet, I'd do it! LOL! :lol: