How Long Will It Take To Heat

tnsportrac

not only does it depend on the size of the tub, but also the size of your heater, the temperature of the fill water, the ambient temperature, the insulation abilities of your spa, and probably some other things as well.

Some can heat in as little as an hour, some can take 2 days.

It will take as long as it takes, and will not heat at all if you choose to watch it (a watched spa never heats).

It will take as long as it takes, and will not heat at all if you choose to watch it (a watched spa never heats).

I was told this by an old timer once and I didn't believe it, now I do!!

For a 220 V 5.5 KW heater you can get somewheres in the neighborhood of 5-8 degrees per hour. So if your water starts at 49 degrees as mine does and say your getting 6.5 degrees per hour then it would take.....oh never mind.

I was told this by an old timer once and I didn't believe it, now I do!!

For a 220 V 5.5 KW heater you can get somewheres in the neighborhood of 5-8 degrees per hour. So if your water starts at 49 degrees as mine does and say your getting 6.5 degrees per hour then it would take.....oh never mind.

8 hrs. tops.

It obviously depends on the temperature of the initial fill, the size of the heater, the volume on water, and even the outside temperature.

However, and obvious note: delivery and hook-up arn't the same thing., and it will take an awful long time to heat up with no poer :)

OK; I generally find I get a little over 5 degrees per hour when I refill mine.

350 gallon tub here, i get somewhere around 6 degrees an hour, give or take. You can always "Hot Fill" to help, but this is only really helps if you have a HUGE hot water tank to fill from, but DON'T use only hot water, too high heat can ruin the acrylics or something like that. I usually fill mine with cold tapwater and that is around 56F to start, takes a few hours to heat. Keeping the cover on or off will make a big difference too, so keep it on. If you have a TP (non-full foam spa) you can turn the jets on once the water is high enough, with NO AIR (this will cool the water slightly) to use the heat from jets to heat the water. Like everyone said, there is no definite time to heat up, be patient and enjoy it when it does . . . if the ambient temperature isn't too low, you can probably hop in enjoyably when the water hits 96 and it shouldn't take long to heat from there . . . if it's a little cooler out, i'd wait a bit to jump in.

Roger will love this, because he loves Arctic's heat marketing so much......... Because the pumps contribute significantly more to the heat of the water in an Arctic, you can push it to ~10 deg an hour, give or take, depending on how diligent you are in keeping the two pumps on high that are allowed to run in conjuction with the heater. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes, the pumps shut off and just the heater runs. So you have to keep going out and turning the pumps on. But.........if you need it heated sooner than later............the option exists and it works. I know, all 540 gallons worth.

And no I'm not drinking Kool-aid. Right now I have a little Crown on the rocks working.

Roger will love this, because he loves Arctic's heat marketing so much......... Because the pumps contribute significantly more to the heat of the water in an Arctic, you can push it to ~10 deg an hour, give or take, depending on how diligent you are in keeping the two pumps on high that are allowed to run in conjuction with the heater. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes, the pumps shut off and just the heater runs. So you have to keep going out and turning the pumps on. But.........if you need it heated sooner than later............the option exists and it works. I know, all 540 gallons worth.

And no I'm not drinking Kool-aid. Right now I have a little Crown on the rocks working.

They'll run for 40 minutes if you put it on boost filtration. I know it works well, my tub had the high limits kick in when i first got it (with the cheap disposable filter, started to clog and reduced flow causing the HL), anyways, hadn't realized it since i hadn't used the tub for several days, went out and it was down to 96. Threw the pumps on and closed the cover, 40 mins later it was at 104.

Heat marketing is not exclusive to Arctic. There claim of superiority is exclusive to them and sells alot of tubs based on it's falshoods. I can get 8 degrees per hour, and my little 3.5 HP single pump I am sure is contributing a degree or 2. Because my tub is a combination TP Foam. And because of this fact it runs less during the day to save on the motor because of the foam on the vessel holding heat in. And when it is running it utilizes the warmth from the pump motor to help control heat loss. The best of both worlds.

I don't hate Arctic they are an OK tub. I just think there's better ones out there. We had alot of BS coming out of the Arctic Camp a while back which has subsided. They may have rethunk.....LOL there marketing stratagy.

And running the pumps pushes heat even into a FF tub, through the plumbing.

Heat marketing is not exclusive to Arctic. There claim of superiority is exclusive to them and sells alot of tubs based on it's falshoods. I can get 8 degrees per hour, and my little 3.5 HP single pump I am sure is contributing a degree or 2. Because my tub is a combination TP Foam. And because of this fact it runs less during the day to save on the motor because of the foam on the vessel holding heat in. And when it is running it utilizes the warmth from the pump motor to help control heat loss. The best of both worlds.

I don't hate Arctic they are an OK tub. I just think there's better ones out there. We had alot of BS coming out of the Arctic Camp a while back which has subsided. They may have rethunk.....LOL there marketing stratagy.

Which tub would you prefer? An artic or bullfrog?

While a FF tub will carry some pump heat through the water, considerable heat is wasted through the pump housing. If it was not, they wouldn't be forced to put it outside of the insulation to keep it from burning up. But, not trying start yet another debate. Just pointed out the Arctic design allows for a very accelerated heat pattern. (and by the way - I just save a bunch of money on my car insurance..........LOL)

I know you think Arctic is just OK. I will still submit that based on wet testing, they had the best combo of jet power, comfort and in-model configuration options. Unlike some who may be content with weak and limited numbers of jets merely swirling the water around, or jets that dig and itch, I actually use mine to massage knots out of my traps/shoulders.

While a FF tub will carry some pump heat through the water, considerable heat is wasted through the pump housing. If it was not, they wouldn't be forced to put it outside of the insulation to keep it from burning up. But, not trying start yet another debate. Just pointed out the Arctic design allows for a very accelerated heat pattern. (and by the way - I just save a bunch of money on my car insurance..........LOL)

But a FF tub has a circulation pump that runs 24/7 and uses as much power as a 75 watt light bulb. The big pumps only run when you are using it, 1/2-1 hour daily. So not alot of wasted heat there.

I know you think Arctic is just OK. I will still submit that based on wet testing, they had the best combo of jet power, comfort and in-model configuration options. Unlike some who may be content with weak and limited numbers of jets merely swirling the water around, or jets that dig and itch, I actually use mine to massage knots out of my traps/shoulders.

This is what is important. That it is the best tub for you. I go tired of hearing it was the best tub.

And Brulan I would take Arctic over Bullfrog. They seem to be built better than BF.

This is what is important. That it is the best tub for you. I go tired of hearing it was the best tub.

And Brulan I would take Arctic over Bullfrog. They seem to be built better than BF.

Artic is better built saying they can keep a car on the shell without the tub breaking down. Also the erganomics and moldings of the Artic is nicer. I like the color choices of BF better and I love the interchangeable upgrades for jet paks. Makes purchasing the BF more fun because you can customize whatever you want. I havn't heard any bad things with people owning a BF. They are two distinguishable companys that are a matter of preference. See I would have a customer that looked at artic and I'll sell them a coleman but you dont see someone looking at a BF and going to artic. BOth are wonderful

Artic is better built saying they can keep a car on the shell without the tub breaking down. Also the erganomics and moldings of the Artic is nicer. I like the color choices of BF better and I love the interchangeable upgrades for jet paks. Makes purchasing the BF more fun because you can customize whatever you want. I havn't heard any bad things with people owning a BF. They are two distinguishable companys that are a matter of preference. See I would have a customer that looked at artic and I'll sell them a coleman but you dont see someone looking at a BF and going to artic. BOth are wonderful

I've never heard them say they could put a car on the shell, and don't think I would try it with mine, lol. It's possible it is true, engineering students can build mini bridges out of popsicle sticks that hold thousands of pounds, so i don't see why not, but still wouldn't wanna try it :-)

I see the Bullfrog jet packs as a gimmic no one will ever use. I soak quietly in my swirling hot water to relax. A new jet pack would be a waste of money for me, my tub already does what I want it to do. And I would think more people think my way than the way of buying all these upgraded jet packs. Arctic pushes in the pitch that you can upgrade jets, another gimmic to sell tubs as I dout very many people will ever consider it down the road. Most people after a few years use there tub less but do enjoy it just the way it is on occaision and for entertaining. Some let them go after a few years and just don't care anymore whether they have it or not and as soon as it breaks they consider selling.