Price Quote For Maxxus

ndmom

We were given a price of $10,000 for a Sundance Maxxus. The price includes tax, cover, cover lift, steps, set up and delivery and starter chemicals. We are also looking at a Coleman 471 for $7,800 that includes the same. Any comments whether or not these are reasonable prices or any recommendations on the tubs? We are in ND.

In So Cal, I got the exact same price for the Maxxus. I felt it was a very good price, about 30% off msrp. Had my local dealer tell me at was a VERY good price and reluctantly would match it. I feel that the dealer has to make a profit because I need him to stay in business. There may be a few dollars more of haggling, not sure it's worth it. I need to build out by spa area before making the purchase. No experience with the Coleman but wet tested quite a few and nothing could hold a candle to the Maxxus, 3 pumps, foot dome, deep seats and I did like the lounger better than any other. The size seem like it would be a luxury. I also liked the added depth and the waterfall looked cool. That's just me.

btw, do you have 50 or 60 amp 220 to your spa?

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for the informative repsonse. I agree about keeping our businesses viable. There is limited competition in ND so it's helpful to have some input to make sure the deals are fair on both sides. We will be going back today to do a little more discussion. We will have to wiring done next week, do you have a suggestion about amps? Thank you again for your input.

With the Sundance spas you'll want 60 amps. How it works on the Maxxus is with 60 amps you'll be able to run 2 of the 3 pumps and the blower while the heater is on. If you only have 50 amps then you'd only be able to run one pump while the heater is on.

$10,000 sounds like a very good price. Does that include the stereo or ozonator? The stereo sounds really good, you may want to have a listen if it interests you, I've been enjoying Jimmy Buffet in the evenings while tubbing. And the ozonator will help keep your water cleaner and require the use of less chemicals.

Have fun!

Well, we made the purchase. The $10,000 even included the stereo, ND tax, delivery, set-up, starter chemicals, cover and cover lift. I appreciate the info on the amps, that's what we'll have installed when the elctrition comes next week to wire. Your input has been most helpful, I appreciate it.