I Bought Arctic And...

jballard

If you need help with the controls please PM me so I can give you my store number. I will be glad to go over how each button works. But in the mean time there is a silver plate (about 3 inches by 5 inches) located between two doors about 6 inches off the ground. The two doors where the plate is between is usually the equipment side. There is a spot that says serial numbuer with a bunch of letters and number.

Send that to Tom and so he can call your local Arctic Dealer to send a service tech to inspect your spa. You did mention something that should be fixed under warranty. "The air only mixes with the water on the pump 2 jets as well." The air should mix with the water on all pumps not just pump 2.

The filtration/ozone can run from 1-8 hours a day. Please re-read the adjusting filtration in the owners manual.

If you upgrade to the Peak Ozone you will have a 24 hour ciruclation pump for the ozone.

Michael

Well well well. My results are as followed:::: I found the controls for the three pumps quite easy to figure out. One button controls one pump etc. The controls for the northern lights were a bit confusing only because I have a hard time counting above four. Yes pump one is two speed and the other are only single speed.[ Thank you thread starter for making me aware of that] I did not have a problem with them being setup this way. I also checked inside of three different tubs for quality of insulation installation. I found them all to be very simular in quality. [ very complete and neat] Yes there is a knife gap around each of the door panels, but as I checked there is a trim board on the outside of each door that more than covers these gap. After looking under many different tubs my common sense tells me if I have a plumbing problem it sure going to be easier to fix under a artic spa than others I have seen.[ just my opinion] Is this the best way to insulate a tub I don't think anybody has the answer to that one. As far as jets sticking out::::: I'm 6'6" 172 lbs. Believe me if the jets were a problem I would know. I felt no discomfort with the jets. My only complaint with the frontier was that I felt the loungers setup was a little cramped for my wife and I. As far as The EXOTIC BUTT JET:: For relieve at the lower extremes of your spine I can see were this jet would be usefull. As far as some darkside issues with this jet Thats up to others I will not respond to this kind of thinking. As far as Ozone::: I'm wore out trying to resolve this one. I know the spas we looked at had a option of running the system twice aday or up tp four times per day. Is it the best system again you'll have to form your own opinion. Now getting back to the tread starter::::: I took his opinion wrote down his concerns and did some reseach so I could form my own opinion. I thank him and all of you for your input. All of you make points that a newbie such as I can reseach and form our own opinions on. To sum it up :: I like the d1 spas, but can't get everything we want in one tub, I like the hot springs, but can't get all the jets we want in the lounger, I'm not a fan of the sundance models, but I'm sure from reading all of your opinions that they must be good tubs. I like the layout of the masters tubs, but don't have good feelings on the dealer plus there is enough concern on this forum that we will look elsewhere. In our area that leaves us with artic spas. I like the layouts. I like the dealer and only time and experience will tell me if it was the right choice. steve

So I own the Arctic Tundra Legend Ex. 61 jets with 3 pumps. I’ve had it since October. Please allow my observations in response. The insulation isn’t worth discussing. Our highest bill change was our first month which had a fill and everyday 40 minute usage. It was up $15 from previous year. Other bill deltas have been lower.

I can’t feel the jets protrude when the water is on. I don’t think you can on most spas. Most spas jets protrude and are not recessed. Arctic’s is no different. I don’t recall seeing many recessed jets unless it’s a specific feature like HS Motomassage. I love having the number of jets I have. Every corner seat is a basically a full massage. If you don’t like the placement, you obviously didn’t wet test so don’t complain after the fact like it’s Arctic’s fault. They have something like 9 models from which to choose. I don’t care for every one.

My tub could be quieter, but not only am I moving more water, nearly every jet rotates which in my mind creates more turbulence and perhaps a bit more noise. Small price to pay for better feeling and more powerful jets. The Arctic jets don’t needle you and the orifice of the few static jets is a decent size diameter that penetrates without causing that itchy feeling.

The only noise complaint I have are the large water diverters that sound like they can’t decide on the air/water mix. It varies based on diverter placement. Hearing it is seat and position dependent.

We chose the Tundra over other models due to the wet test. The Arctic Frontier is the only lounger that I tested in any brand that I remotely cared for and in which I did not appreciably float. However it wasn’t enough for me to buy it. Lounges are very person dependent both in preference and fit.

Not only are the controls intuitive and clearly detailed in the manual, they are conveniently placed and easily accessible within the spa unlike some other brands. I’m not sure how you can get much simpler or easier to use. As a side note, the temperature readout is the water temp, not the set temp. That is quite convenient and not every manufacturer sets it up that way.

The filtration cycle time and number of cycles is adjustable. It is clearly outlined in the manual and easy to change. I upgraded to the 24 hour high output ozone. I keep my Bromine floater set on 1 and have no trouble maintaining good Bromine levels even with everyday use. I attribute that to the ozone.

Perhaps this person really owns that spa and is dissatisfied. But the rhetoric, particularly the insulation jabs, speaks of a bash Arctic piece. Bring the $100 increase in electric usage and then complain about the insulation. The other “stuff” shows a serious lack of either pre-purchase research or a general lack of intelligence/common sense.

We own a Dodge Ram 4x4 (with Hemi). I would liken it to me complaining that it gets less than ideal gas mileage (true) and the seats are uncomfortable (not true). Both characteristics readily known before purchase.

We own a Dodge Ram 4x4 (with Hemi). I would liken it to me complaining that it gets less than ideal gas mileage (true) and the seats are uncomfortable (not true). Both characteristics readily known before purchase.

You own a Dodge......Oh no!!!! Yuck.

Oh I'm sorry were you guys talking about something? :P

Yes; please do Tom. It might be fun!

That is the funniest thing I heard all day (refer to 4) lol Also, kidney, ribcage, and buttcrack jets dont sound appealing. Doesn't sound like he owns one, sounds like something I would say to a customer competing against artic. lol

Hello to all. You know he might not own one but I sure do know someone who owns one now!!!!!! ME We just bought a artic frontier lengends. You people are so spot on when you tell all us newbies to go wet test. Your 100% right. The frontier dry I thought was a little cramped for the wife and I but when you add water and you get in It's a whole different world. The jets felt great and controlling the pumps and the flow of water could not be simpler. We stayed in aprox. 40 minutes with no problems at all it was just tuff convincing ourselfs to get out. thanks a million to all. Great spa, great dealer and a fair price. :D steve

Doesn't sound like he owns one, sounds like something I would say to a customer competing against artic. lol

Wow, thanks for your honest input Brulan! Just goes to show you, any dealer can easily point out the flaws in another tub and embelish on it a bit, while making thier tub look golden. Mine is an Arctic and IS golden, lol . . . for me anyways. Either way, i have always found at least one seat i like in any brand tub, it's finding the most seats you like in one specific tub, and fitting your needs.

Wow, thanks for your honest input Brulan! Just goes to show you, any dealer can easily point out the flaws in another tub and embelish on it a bit, while making thier tub look golden. Mine is an Arctic and IS golden, lol . . . for me anyways. Either way, i have always found at least one seat i like in any brand tub, it's finding the most seats you like in one specific tub, and fitting your needs.

I never mention another tub using a specific name, most customers are information saavy and they have done the research. So when I mention something that is deceptive or not as well as a feature the customer in his own mind refers to a tub he has looked at. I make questions to my own answer for him to follow. I happen to like artic very much.

You own a Dodge......Oh no!!!! Yuck.

Oh I'm sorry were you guys talking about something? :P

Yep, a Dodge. 94, 97, 2000, 2005. Pulled ski boats with the first three. Nary a problem. The '94 transmission went out about 1500 miles out of warranty and Dodge covered it. Can't ask much more than that. Can't get the wife out of the 2005. Lead foot Annie loves it.

Yep, a Dodge. 94, 97, 2000, 2005. Pulled ski boats with the first three. Nary a problem. The '94 transmission went out about 1500 miles out of warranty and Dodge covered it. Can't ask much more than that. Can't get the wife out of the 2005. Lead foot Annie loves it.

You should buy Chevys you would of only owned the 94 and you would be driving an 04. because they last a long time. They are a 10 year truck minumum. The other big 2 are more throw away type. 3-4 years and get a new one. Rattles develope and they start showing age.

Oh oh I have started something. A big ole argument about vehicles and what brand is the best...sorry. I always argue with a smile on my face it makes people mad. :D

You should buy Chevys you would of only owned the 94 and you would be driving an 04. because they last a long time. They are a 10 year truck minumum. The other big 2 are more throw away type. 3-4 years and get a new one. Rattles develope and they start showing age.

Oh oh I have started something. A big ole argument about vehicles and what brand is the best...sorry. I always argue with a smile on my face it makes people mad. :D

Nah no arguement. 94 was 4x2, 97 was a 4x4, 2000 was an extended cab 4x4 and we just wanted the 2005. I rather enjoy wasting money on new vehicles. I've never been into running anything to death. The worst vehicle, was a 98 Tahoe. Ate brakes and rattled something fierce. Dumped it for an Acura TL which was then the wife started driving the trucks. She wanted to sit high and I didn't want two vehicles getting crappy mileage.

I didn't want two vehicles getting crappy mileage.

The downfall to owning trucks..........My latest is a duramax with a 5 speed allison. If I put the tailgate down and keep it under 2000 RPM's I can get 22 MPG. Problem is 2000 RPM's is 63 MPH and I hate getting passed by so many people. But when I put my 3500 LB camper in the back and hook up my boat, I can still pass people and still get 17 MPG on the 55 MPH roads. I have 34,000 miles on it now so I need to get it in before the little sh*t warranty is up. But the motor, tranny, and drive train has a 100,000 mile warranty. It's an "04"

Yep 3/36 warranties for minor stuff that can drive you nuts is irritating.

If you haul and drive alot, a diesel pays for itself. Down here, diesel is 20% higher than regular unleaded (2.40 vs 2.00) so the cost of the diesel engine plus the fuel makes for a long payback. At the 10K per year that she puts on the truck, it wouldn't add up for us. I think the Cummins adds around 6K to the price.

Yep 3/36 warranties for minor stuff that can drive you nuts is irritating.

If you haul and drive alot, a diesel pays for itself. Down here, diesel is 20% higher than regular unleaded (2.40 vs 2.00) so the cost of the diesel engine plus the fuel makes for a long payback. At the 10K per year that she puts on the truck, it wouldn't add up for us. I think the Cummins adds around 6K to the price.

It's 20 cents higher for deisel here also but the 6 litre gas gets 10-12 MPG so at 7-10 MPG more it is an easy pay off. Its an 8 thousand dollar option on The Chevy. But I didn't see it that way. The truck was 34 grand and the gas ones I was looking at were almost 30

It's 20 cents higher for deisel here also but the 6 litre gas gets 10-12 MPG so at 7-10 MPG more it is an easy pay off. Its an 8 thousand dollar option on The Chevy. But I didn't see it that way. The truck was 34 grand and the gas ones I was looking at were almost 30

Cummins baby

Has the original post been legitimized? :huh:

Judging by jballard's absence from posting...I'd say that Tom nailed him.

Neiter myself (an Arctic Dealer) nor Tom has recieved any varifaction that jballard is an actual Arctic Spa customer. I wish we could, cause one of his complaints is a warranty issue. So I would help him get ths spa fixed.

That said this post should be removed.

He is probally a salesman who lost a few too many sales to his local Arctic Spa dealer.

Michael

Neiter myself (an Arctic Dealer) nor Tom has recieved any varifaction that jballard is an actual Arctic Spa customer. I wish we could, cause one of his complaints is a warranty issue. So I would help him get ths spa fixed.

He is probally a salesman who lost a few too many sales to his local Arctic Spa dealer.

Michael

HEHE. :wub: Artic

Michael

I really hope that people wont do this in the future if in fact that is what jballard did. If he is legitimate, it would be nice to get his concerns taken care of and it sounds like the company that was mentioned would do just that... take care of him.

But... let this be a lesson to those unfortunate folks in the spa industry that would attempt to "trick" the people here in the forum to try to sway unsuspecting visitors towards the brand they may be selling. That's just not the way things are supposed to go. Plus, it seems most people are pretty savy these days.

I really hope that people wont do this in the future if in fact that is what jballard did. If he is legitimate, it would be nice to get his concerns taken care of and it sounds like the company that was mentioned would do just that... take care of him.

But... let this be a lesson to those unfortunate folks in the spa industry that would attempt to "trick" the people here in the forum to try to sway unsuspecting visitors towards the brand they may be selling. That's just not the way things are supposed to go. Plus, it seems most people are pretty savy these days.

Savvy*