Spa Turns Itself Off.. Help!

geotlyrae

Cal J502.. We use it mostly weekends. We normally turn the temperature to 80 until we use it, (It usually goes down to around 96) and then we heat it up to 100.. Once it gets to 100, we turn the jets on, and twice it has given an flashing OH (overheat) error code. Then if I turn off and on the breaker, it gives me a SN code. (service). I then turn it off, and after it cools off for a while, it then works normal. It has happened twice at night. During the day it seems to work well. I'm thinking sensor, but then it should break down everytime it hits 100. I noticed the water was just over the filter, I wonder it was too low. Any ideas?? Thanks...

Cal J502.. We use it mostly weekends. We normally turn the temperature to 80 until we use it, (It usually goes down to around 96) and then we heat it up to 100.. Once it gets to 100, we turn the jets on, and twice it has given an flashing OH (overheat) error code. Then if I turn off and on the breaker, it gives me a SN code. (service). I then turn it off, and after it cools off for a while, it then works normal. It has happened twice at night. During the day it seems to work well. I'm thinking sensor, but then it should break down everytime it hits 100. I noticed the water was just over the filter, I wonder it was too low. Any ideas?? Thanks...

SN means sensor. Also it could mean that the filter is bad. If the filter isn't allowing enough flow it could but strain on the components. Most likely a sensor though

Had my tub with the overheat error once, not the same brand as yours though. But the problem with mine was the filter (lowers flow once it starts getting dirty). I reset the breaker, put a new filter in and didn't have the problem come back. Just my personal experience and hope yours is as simple to fix.

Lets start with one problem at a time, first you get an OH code during heating. Two things can cause a reduced water flow across the heater or a sensor failure. Start with the reduced water flow across the heater by checking your filter and the flow from your filter pump into the tub, make sure your water level is correct also. After that your high limit sensor may be the culprit.

The next problem could be related to the first but you won't know that until you take care of the first one, at that point if the second problem goes away you will know they were related.

Lets start with one problem at a time, first you get an OH code during heating. Two things can cause a reduced water flow across the heater or a sensor failure. Start with the reduced water flow across the heater by checking your filter and the flow from your filter pump into the tub, make sure your water level is correct also. After that your high limit sensor may be the culprit.

The next problem could be related to the first but you won't know that until you take care of the first one, at that point if the second problem goes away you will know they were related.

Problem solved. Very well put Roger.