Help! D1 Sarena Bay

I'm contemplating purchasing a D1 Sarena Bay spa within a week and wanted to gather ANY and ALL feedback from anyone and everyone out there who has experienced the Sarena Bay or any D1 spa.

Good, bad or indifferent...would love to hear it all whether you yourself sell it, make it, own one or know of someone who does/has.

Also, I was able to haggle them down to $12,000+ tax on a 2006 Sarena Bay with steps, cover & lifter, delivery and 1 year's worth of chemicals and 2 vision cartridges.

Is that a good price? Like to hear what others have been quoted and where abouts in the U.S. they are located, so I could mention this during my final dealings.

Much Appreciated!!!

;)

ps...would a 5.3 person have trouble staying above water in the two main seats "the Bioform Recliners?" How deep are they...really??

ps...would a 5.3 person have trouble staying above water in the two main seats "the Bioform Recliners?" How deep are they...really??

While D1 is a reputable company and a good spa from what i've heard, it seems from your statement you have not wet tested yet. This is one of the most important things to do before buying a spa. Would you buy a car without driving it first? You should set up a date with the dealer to go in and wet test the spa first (sit down in a filled spa to really see how it "fits" you). Most dealers will make appointments after hours if you are uncomfortable with hopping in a tub in your suit while people are shopping around.

Kahuna is correct. You really need to wet test. When were were shopping, D1 got cut because in general, their larger models were too deep. My wife at 5'2" would have drowned. You also need to see how much you will float out in the recliners. While not a true lounge where you are totally extended, float can still be an issue. If you are spending that kind of $, make sure you can use the primary seats.

Hi, If I were you I would not buy one do to poor service & lots of leaks from the jets. I would buy nothing but Crystal Waters Spa. They are made in Canada and the prices are Great, lifetime warranty on shell & 5 year warranty on equipment, Pure red cedar skirting, your choice of color for tub & cover, 10 models to choose from, there most expensive spa is $ 10,000.00 Canadian. I recomend there Dealer Mike Hathaway from Dutton Ontario Canada. 519-762-0371. Good luck.

Hi, If I were you I would not buy one do to poor service & lots of leaks from the jets. I would buy nothing but Crystal Waters Spa. They are made in Canada and the prices are Great, lifetime warranty on shell & 5 year warranty on equipment, Pure red cedar skirting, your choice of color for tub & cover, 10 models to choose from, there most expensive spa is $ 10,000.00 Canadian. I recomend there Dealer Mike Hathaway from Dutton Ontario Canada. 519-762-0371. Good luck.

Hmmm, sounds like a dealer to me (i could be wrong but . . . ). First of all, how can you say poor service when you don't even know what dealer it is? After all, service comes mainly from the dealer, not the company. You can have a quality tub and still get poor service because of one bad dealer. Also, i have a brand that is made in Canada, i'm very happy with it, had great service, great price and it is a very reputable company but you didn't see me saying "call so-and-so at ***-***-****. You should really check the rules of the forum before posting. Maybe say something like "i purchased a crystal waters spa from mike hathaway and have had nothing but great servuce", and if anyone is interested, i'm sure they'll ask for contact information then, or research for it. And just out of curiosity, i live in Ontario as well and recently bought a spa, why wasn't Crystal Waters at any of the spa shows around here or at least a dealer? I'm all for buying in Canada, did research, but never heard of them, just curious.

Hmmm, sounds like a dealer to me (i could be wrong but . . . ). First of all, how can you say poor service when you don't even know what dealer it is? After all, service comes mainly from the dealer, not the company. You can have a quality tub and still get poor service because of one bad dealer. Also, i have a brand that is made in Canada, i'm very happy with it, had great service, great price and it is a very reputable company but you didn't see me saying "call so-and-so at ***-***-****. You should really check the rules of the forum before posting. Maybe say something like "i purchased a crystal waters spa from mike hathaway and have had nothing but great servuce", and if anyone is interested, i'm sure they'll ask for contact information then, or research for it. And just out of curiosity, i live in Ontario as well and recently bought a spa, why wasn't Crystal Waters at any of the spa shows around here or at least a dealer? I'm all for buying in Canada, did research, but never heard of them, just curious.

Thanks Canandian Kahuna...I have read many of your posts and they're all very helpful. Unfortunately, I don't have an Arctic spa dealer in my area or otherwise I would definately be looking at them, as well.

Curious "Stl-rex" ...did your wife actually try a wet test in the bioform recliners in either the Lotus Bay or the Sarena Bay or was it just a guess that she would drowned?

Thanks so much and would love to hear other opinions.

Thanks, Pam

It is always important to wet test. This is not an inexpensive item and in reality you're getting one of the most expensive spas out there. The need increases further when the spa has a lounge as not all fit them well (and not all are designed well). It increases yet again for occupants 5'7" or less IMO as even with a well designed lounge, the shorter you are the less likely (in general) it is for them to work well for you.

You are a definitely in need of wet testing that spa. If you were 5'10" and looking at an average priced NON-lounge spa I'd still advise a wet test but in reality the spa would most likely be just fine for you. In your case I think you're making a real mistake to buy the spa without testing only to find out in your own back yard whether it works for you.

A note on the loungers. They are really dependant on the person. I have a lounger and it works fine for me (5'11", 275lbs), but my wife finds she floats too much in it (she's much smaller than me). The lounger is one of 2 favorite seats for myself, but my wife prefers the one therapy seat we have. So regardless of company, the lounger will vary from person to person. I also don't sit in the lounger all the time, it's nice to relax for a bit, but being submersed i find i get way to hot in it after longer periods of time, and move on to a shallow seat. The other thing to think of is if you are entertaining guests. We have a 5-6 person tub, but having a lounger it's only really comfortable with 4 or 5 average size adults, any more and it's crowded (but we don't entertain often, and it's the perfect size for our family).

Everyone...Thank you for the suggestion to wet test. Thinking about doing it tonight. Haven't heard from anyone on whether the price is good on this spa and whether it's worth that kind of money????

I too am in Canada, and we did a wet test in the D1 serena bay and the Beachcomber 750. My wife is 5'6" and found the D1 a little too deep for her. I also found the D1 a little crowded inside the shell. We decided to go with the 750 because it is nice and open and in the summer our twins can play in it.. Go wet test from a few companies and the one perfect for you, should jump right out at you.

good luck

We were not looking specifically at the Sarena Bay but others in the reflection line. When she sat dry and looked at the pending water level, it was about halfway up her face. I actually wet tested the Californian and Nautilus and found them to sit "deep" and since she is 5" shorter than me, she sat dry and said "no way" since I had already somewhat struggled. D1 sat deeper overall in all seats more than any other brand wet tested. Those brands include Master, Caldera, Hot Springs, Sundance, Arctic and Cal Spas.

The deep seat in our Arctic Tundra is a bit too deep for her, but she is able to use a ridge in the center as a brace and still use it just fine. A wet test will tell you if you can accomodate yourself as she does in ours. I strongly urge you wet test. If it works for you, it will be a great spa. If not, you probably won't get the use out of it you envision.

Everyone...Thank you for the suggestion to wet test. Thinking about doing it tonight. Haven't heard from anyone on whether the price is good on this spa and whether it's worth that kind of money????

i think it is a great deal! if you are afraid your wife may be sitting under the water a little bit ask them to throw in a "booster seat"! D1 offers a cushion that boosts shorter people up to 6 inches! they can be used in any on the seats! good luck and enjoy!!!

i think it is a great deal! if you are afraid your wife may be sitting under the water a little bit ask them to throw in a "booster seat"! D1 offers a cushion that boosts shorter people up to 6 inches! they can be used in any on the seats! good luck and enjoy!!!

every spa company should offer a riser seat. I recomend any booster seat with the gel instead of the water/weighted.

every spa company should offer a riser seat. I recomend any booster seat with the gel instead of the water/weighted.

Brulan1 ~

Thank you for the advice on the gel booster seat instead of the water weighted ones, where do you find these? Do you have a website for them? Unfortunately, I never came across any gel ones during my search and my subsequent purchase of a booster seat which ended up being the water one. Curious, what makes the gel one better?

Brulan1 ~

Thank you for the advice on the gel booster seat instead of the water weighted ones, where do you find these? Do you have a website for them? Unfortunately, I never came across any gel ones during my search and my subsequent purchase of a booster seat which ended up being the water one. Curious, what makes the gel one better?

If the seat rips from wear and ass ripping tears than it wont lose volume. I personally think they are alot more compfortable