Beachcomber Vs. Marquis?

Hot N Wet

Looking for opinions and hoping to find facts on the differences and advantages of both tubs. Price is a lot higher for the Marquis and the beachcomber has a lot of the same features it seems. I'm looking between the 740 and the Epic. Thanks people.

Both are long standing spa companies with many happy customers. You're probably best off making this decision based on which fits you best, which feels best in a wet test (you REALLY should do this) and how comfortable you feel with the dealers (hopefully both seem like they'll be there to care for your post purchase needs) as well as which seems to give you the better value in the deal once you hear prices (but tihs is not necessarily which is cheaper).

I sold Beachcomber for several years and was always pleased with the quality and support. I really like the way they support the tub, which makes installation easy.

We have a Beachcomber and we love it! The Marquis was too crowded and not deep enough for us. The customer service has been outstanding withgreat water care advice. We haven't needed any service in the three years we've had the tub

We have a Beachcomber and we love it! The Marquis was too crowded and not deep enough for us. The customer service has been outstanding withgreat water care advice. We haven't needed any service in the three years we've had the tub

What do you mean by crowded and not deep enough. Beachcomber does not have a model that has anywhere close to the foot room and interior room of the Epic. Perhaps if its been 3 years since you last sat in a Marquis your should think about the statements you make. That being said Beachcomber is a very good product and if you like it than it will be a good choice. How much of a price difference is there and have you wet tested both.

I purchased a Beachcomber hot tub model 750 eight weeks ago, and absolutely love it.. I looked at everything that was available and found it to be by far the most comfortable and biggest bang for the buck. They also have great customer service at head office.

We looked at the 740 but found the lounger to be too boyant and useless when in the tub, plus took up alot of room, thats why we went with the 750. The 24 hour hush pump works really great at keeping the water clear and i havent noticed an increase on my eletricity bill, and i live in cold Canada.

It only comes with a 25 sqft filter, which is good but as part of your deal make them give you the 50 sqft filter and you wont have any clarity problems.

I did alot of research on the Beachcomber tubs, if you have any other questions, just e-mail me at jcgauvin@hotmail.com

chris

Thanks for the input people. I've wet tested both tubs and I've found them both comfortable and therapudic. The marquis tri zone took a little getting used to on the Epic but once I started to understand it more I think it's a great feature. The jetting in the beachcomber was nice as well. The one thing I really liked was the different jetting styles in the beachcomber as opposed to the Marquis not having any "whirly spinners". The price difference is about 2K between the two Marquis being higher. The Marquis has all the bells and whistles except for the stereo system. I really like the in house read out and operational controls with the marquis as well. Warranty is pretty comperable with what I've been told by both dealers. Does 10,700 and 8,800 sound about right by comparison? Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the input people. I've wet tested both tubs and I've found them both comfortable and therapudic. The marquis tri zone took a little getting used to on the Epic but once I started to understand it more I think it's a great feature. The jetting in the beachcomber was nice as well. The one thing I really liked was the different jetting styles in the beachcomber as opposed to the Marquis not having any "whirly spinners". The price difference is about 2K between the two Marquis being higher. The Marquis has all the bells and whistles except for the stereo system. I really like the in house read out and operational controls with the marquis as well. Warranty is pretty comperable with what I've been told by both dealers. Does 10,700 and 8,800 sound about right by comparison? Thanks again.

The marquis does sound a little too pricey for what it has I think. Which do you Value more and if you do value the marquis more does it give you 2000 dollars more value. What are the R-factors on both tubs? Given the reputation of both dealers I think you are ready to make a decision.

The marquis does sound a little too pricey for what it has I think. Which do you Value more and if you do value the marquis more does it give you 2000 dollars more value. What are the R-factors on both tubs? Given the reputation of both dealers I think you are ready to make a decision.

I find Marquis to be a good value spa, better than Coleman IMO.

I find Marquis to be a good value spa, better than Coleman IMO.

Marquis happens to be a good tub but I do not value a marquis even better than a Jacuzzi. I would rather own a Jaccuzzi with an underbitten frame and warped than a marquis, just my opinion.

Are you looking at the Beachcomber with the Protec system or the orginial portable style. The BOP version will been even less. Are you looking at a 2006 or 2005. Marquis prices on the Epic went up a lot in 06. Beachcomber went up less than 1/3 of what Marquis went up. The 2006 740 now has calf jets. The 740 IMO has more leg room because of the height difference (38" compared to 35.5") when i sat in the Epic my legs are more in front of me taking leg space away from other soakers. I was in a 2005 last night. Sitting in a Beachcomber 740 we were more comfortable, sat in one last Thursday. I can not tell you what is comfortable to you. The value is determined by you also, you have to pick the tub that you will use the most. I am aware that Beachcomber has a 30 day guarantee to where if you don't like it they will buy it back. Good luck.

Marquis happens to be a good tub but I do not value a marquis even better than a Jacuzzi. I would rather own a Jaccuzzi with an underbitten frame and warped than a marquis, just my opinion.

What are you speaking about with the bottom. I do not understand what you mean. Both use a ABS pan.

Are you looking at the Beachcomber with the Protec system or the orginial portable style. The BOP version will been even less. Are you looking at a 2006 or 2005. Marquis prices on the Epic went up a lot in 06. Beachcomber went up less than 1/3 of what Marquis went up. The 2006 740 now has calf jets. The 740 IMO has more leg room because of the height difference (38" compared to 35.5") when i sat in the Epic my legs are more in front of me taking leg space away from other soakers. I was in a 2005 last night. Sitting in a Beachcomber 740 we were more comfortable, sat in one last Thursday. I can not tell you what is comfortable to you. The value is determined by you also, you have to pick the tub that you will use the most. I am aware that Beachcomber has a 30 day guarantee to where if you don't like it they will buy it back. Good luck.

Please help me out here Beachcomber does not have a model with anywhere close to the leg room of the Epic, that is not to say Beachcomber is not a very nice spa. But I do wonder if you have actually sat in the Epic, for spas that are even up to a foot larger there is not any with that offer a larger foot-well.

my reply would be yes. Have you sat in a Beachcomber?

I am fortunate to have been in both in the past couple days. I personally don't like sitting in a tub with my legs straight in front of me.

The Epic foot well is 26" wide and 52" long and completely open. In some seats your legs are out in front and in others they are at a angle but this is different than saying the Beachcomber has more leg room it does not. Again the Beachcomber is a nice spa and just might be the perfect spa for you but so many times people on these boards make statements that are not fully accurate. The bottom line is you can have room for 12 feet and legs in the Epic and very few spas that make the claim of being for 5,6, 7 or more persons have the real leg room to hold even 8 feet and legs. Please know I am not in any way knocking the Beachcomber just that it does not have a foot well as big as the Epic.

It comes down to comfort . Measurements mean nothing. Thats like saying a 3 hp pump is better than a 2hp. Customers need to sit in the tub and feel for themselves. Measurements mean nothing. By spouting off measurements it makes it sounds like a shopper can break it down to a numbers game and there is no reason to sit in the tub. I only asked if you sat in a Beachcomber. It obvious that you haven't because you would see the difference in room for your legs a taller tub gives you. In a 2 dimension world, yes the footwell in the Epic is larger but now add the height difference and after i sat in a 740 with 4 people our feet did not touch but with the same people sitting in the Epic our feet had to criss cross. Inside measurement mean nothing, comfort can only be determined by the user.

It comes down to comfort . Measurements mean nothing. Thats like saying a 3 hp pump is better than a 2hp. Customers need to sit in the tub and feel for themselves. Measurements mean nothing. By spouting off measurements it makes it sounds like a shopper can break it down to a numbers game and there is no reason to sit in the tub. I only asked if you sat in a Beachcomber. It obvious that you haven't because you would see the difference in room for your legs a taller tub gives you. In a 2 dimension world, yes the footwell in the Epic is larger but now add the height difference and after i sat in a 740 with 4 people our feet did not touch but with the same people sitting in the Epic our feet had to criss cross. Inside measurement mean nothing, comfort can only be determined by the user.

Sounds like you are a spa retailer, and I have sat in the Beachcomber. Tell me what is the interior depth of the Beachcomber and yes sitting in something is best but at some point certain numbers do matter. Like these that are the specs for the 740 Dimensions 89 x 89 x 38" 226 x 226 x 97 cm

Water Capacity 398 US Gallons / 1507 Liters

So you are saying this spa that is smaller and holds 52 less gallons and whose foot well is substantially smaller is somehow bigger, well OK yeah if you say so, sure. :rolleyes:

Sir with all due respect your statement about feet criss crossing is a flat out fabrication as it is not possible with the lay out of the Epic assuming the party's used the 4 corner seating that is the natural way to use the tub. In reading your posts it seems like you must be at some sorta sales training someplace, your words lack creditability.

i appreciate you calling me sir. I have been in the industry for over 20 years. I have managed stores, i have owned stores, i have worked for manufacturers. I appreciate your passion for Marquis. you are obviously a sales person that sales Marquis. They are a good brand. I have just said it's personal comfort that is important when choosing a hot tub. All of these web boards are 80% full with industry people, some trying to act like customers some of them letting it known. This industry is full of ours is better instead of promoting the whole industry. Once again, it's not the size of the footwell but the comfort. Shall we also beat the dead horse about Full Foam vs. Dead Air Space, Horsepower, and everything else that doesn't help a customer choose the hot tub that is best for them.

i appreciate you calling me sir. I have been in the industry for over 20 years. I have managed stores, i have owned stores, i have worked for manufacturers. I appreciate your passion for Marquis. you are obviously a sales person that sales Marquis. They are a good brand. I have just said it's personal comfort that is important when choosing a hot tub. All of these web boards are 80% full with industry people, some trying to act like customers some of them letting it known. This industry is full of ours is better instead of promoting the whole industry. Once again, it's not the size of the footwell but the comfort. Shall we also beat the dead horse about Full Foam vs. Dead Air Space, Horsepower, and everything else that doesn't help a customer choose the hot tub that is best for them.

If you look back the only thing I said about a tub is that Beachcomber makes nice spa, I never said one was better than the other. I said one is bigger. I do take issue with your statement about the crisscrossing of legs as it is simply not possible for 4 people to do so in the Epic when using the 4 corner seating. I appreciate your passion for Beachcomber but please if you want to promote your product do so with accurate information regarding not only yours but others you might speak of.

If you look back the only thing I said about a tub is that Beachcomber makes nice spa, I never said one was better than the other. I said one is bigger. I do take issue with your statement about the crisscrossing of legs as it is simply not possible for 4 people to do so in the Epic when using the 4 corner seating. I appreciate your passion for Beachcomber but please if you want to promote your product do so with accurate information regarding not only yours but others you might speak of.

Ditto. It is possible for legs to criss cross with 4 people. Would you like to know the heights of the people involved. Your passion is for Marquis, kudos to you. To say it is not possible is either niave on your part or the mere fact you haven't taken all the factors in your equation. Keep the passion for your product because it will help you sell more tubs. When you finally come to the realization in the future that there are dozens of hot tub manufacturers out there that make a great product and that it's ok if a customer chooses another brand than Marquis, you will be able to stop making this into a personal battle. Your argument has been that Epic has a larger footwell in measurement, mine is that people, including myself, may find that the Beachcomber feels more comfortable. That is my opinion. When you can come up with a meeasurement or equation that can dictate comfort for every individual, well i guess i will see you face on the cover of Fortune. FYI I am currently standing in a showroom that features a several tub lines, Marquis and Beachcomber being to of them. Yesterday a couple wet tested both and they decided for themselves which one was better. I did not force my opinion on them while they wet tested. Do you only sell Marquis or do you carry another line? I'll let you get the final word.

Ditto. It is possible for legs to criss cross with 4 people. Would you like to know the heights of the people involved. Your passion is for Marquis, kudos to you. To say it is not possible is either niave on your part or the mere fact you haven't taken all the factors in your equation. Keep the passion for your product because it will help you sell more tubs. When you finally come to the realization in the future that there are dozens of hot tub manufacturers out there that make a great product and that it's ok if a customer chooses another brand than Marquis, you will be able to stop making this into a personal battle. Your argument has been that Epic has a larger footwell in measurement, mine is that people, including myself, may find that the Beachcomber feels more comfortable. That is my opinion. When you can come up with a meeasurement or equation that can dictate comfort for every individual, well i guess i will see you face on the cover of Fortune. FYI I am currently standing in a showroom that features a several tub lines, Marquis and Beachcomber being to of them. Yesterday a couple wet tested both and they decided for themselves which one was better. I did not force my opinion on them while they wet tested. Do you only sell Marquis or do you carry another line? I'll let you get the final word.

I do not think Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem would cross legs in the Epic using the 4 corner seating now if you are speaking of a $20.00 hooker she might be able to position herself in such a way to crisscross her legs but to do so would have to be done with the intent and not in a normal seating position. And as you point out comfort is a personal choice that can only be decided upon by the person who is looking for the tub that best fits them. Since you are in the showroom I would ask you to measure the deep seats of both I am confinednt that if you do you will find that they both are very close and that the taller spa in fact does not sit deeper and the spas are basically the same in size yet the epic holds 52 more gallons of water it simply has more room inside.