Spa Umbrellas

spalover

Since our spa is out on the patio, we purchased a big offset umbrella from Rec Warehouse to shield us from the sun. We didn't shop around much; we had noticed it there while looking at Caldera and Leisure Bay spas. Overall, we like it pretty well. But it doesn't have a weight on the base, so we have concrete blocks on it, and we'd like to be able to anchor it a little better. Does anyone have suggestions for any other places to purchase an umbrella, particularly online? The spa dealer we eventually bought our tub from doesn't carry them, and with hurricane season six months away I'm figuring we should have a spare. Otherwise my pasty white skin will burn to a crisp!

Since our spa is out on the patio, we purchased a big offset umbrella from Rec Warehouse to shield us from the sun. We didn't shop around much; we had noticed it there while looking at Caldera and Leisure Bay spas. Overall, we like it pretty well. But it doesn't have a weight on the base, so we have concrete blocks on it, and we'd like to be able to anchor it a little better. Does anyone have suggestions for any other places to purchase an umbrella, particularly online? The spa dealer we eventually bought our tub from doesn't carry them, and with hurricane season six months away I'm figuring we should have a spare. Otherwise my pasty white skin will burn to a crisp!

Is this the type of umbrella that has a thin flat plate on the bottom that you and set under the spa and use the spa weight to hold it in place?

Is this the type of umbrella that has a thin flat plate on the bottom that you and set under the spa and use the spa weight to hold it in place?

Nope, it has four "legs" rather than a flat, solid base. It seems odd, because the umbrella is offset and its own weight pulls it over. I just put a concrete stepping stone on each leg and that holds it ok, but I'd like my next one to be the proper kind for a spa.

Leisure Concepts makes the style designed specifically for spas, with the flat plate, that the hot tub sits on. So, no need for cinder blocks or attaching to the spa cabinet, just set the spa right on the flat plate. Their web site is www.leisureconcepts.com Also, the company that makes the cover valet cover lifters, makes a spa umbrella with a similar design. The umbrellas will cost more than Warehouse Stores, but they are made for spas, as the others are not. Goodluck. Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Leisure Concepts makes the style designed specifically for spas, with the flat plate, that the hot tub sits on. So, no need for cinder blocks or attaching to the spa cabinet, just set the spa right on the flat plate. Their web site is www.leisureconcepts.com Also, the company that makes the cover valet cover lifters, makes a spa umbrella with a similar design. The umbrellas will cost more than Warehouse Stores, but they are made for spas, as the others are not. Goodluck. Dave.

Do the umbrella tops fade?