How Paranoid Do I Need To Be?

spalover

We bought a large spa (7-person) because we wanted to be able to have friends over to hot tub with us. We have friends with a spa who told us that they never let other people in, and that if we did, we should force them to take a shower immediately beforehand and to use a new swimsuit because otherwise there might be leftover detergent. But that would be very difficult, so we just have them come over and hop in. So far, we haven't had any problems, although I did notice some foam after our New Years six-person spa party. Do I really need to be all that paranoid? We change our water every four months like clockwork and keep up with our chemicals (Spa 56 after each use, Defender once a week, and pH Up or Down as needed).

by not having friends and family join you, you would not be getting the full benefit. enjoy and leave your selfish neighbors out!!!

The foam is a real issue but it is just soap, ask people to rinse their suits before coming over. I think most people use their spa with 2 people 90% of the time but on those special occasions it is nice to share with friends and family.

It is important to understand what can cause foam but once you know then it's up to you to decide how far you want to police the spa. Relax and have fun.

Your neighbor sounds like the Spa Nazi!! I am very strict but have never required a shower before a soak. All our suits are rinsed and we keep 6 spare mens suits and 6 spare womans suits. Don't bring one is what we tell our friends we have plenty or don't wear one! If they bring there own it's no big deal.

Your neighbor sounds like the Spa Nazi!! I am very strict but have never required a shower before a soak. All our suits are rinsed and we keep 6 spare mens suits and 6 spare womans suits. Don't bring one is what we tell our friends we have plenty or don't wear one! If they bring there own it's no big deal.

I like the "don't wear one!" part to Rogers reply, lol . . . unless, of course, it's some relative you really don't want to see in thier birthday suit. But honestly, what's the point of having a tub if you don't have friends to come over and enjoy with you? My wife and I enjoy our peace and quiet together in our tub, but we get this each night after the kids go to bed. It's really nice to relax and enjoy with some friends occasionally, and i don't worry about making my friends/family shower before hopping in, and i have an open invitation to all my family and close friends to come over and use it any time they like, even if i'm not (i just give them a quick lesson on the spa . . . chemicals, controls) and let them go (but be sure if you do this, they are trustworthy people, wouldn't want to come home and find out somebody started a block party in my tub).

• 2 weeks later...

Hee hee...I'm picturing a naked spa party in my backyard. Not a pretty sight!

I can sort of see what our friend was talking about, as we had six people in the spa one night and then four another night at separate times during New Years week. Now I've noticed some foam in the spa...not bad, though. As long as it can't cause damage, I'll just toss in some defoamer. We got a large spa because we wanted it to be used a lot. Now we love it! We even spent New Years Eve drinking champagne in there with friends. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hee hee...I'm picturing a naked spa party in my backyard. Not a pretty sight!

I can sort of see what our friend was talking about, as we had six people in the spa one night and then four another night at separate times during New Years week. Now I've noticed some foam in the spa...not bad, though. As long as it can't cause damage, I'll just toss in some defoamer. We got a large spa because we wanted it to be used a lot. Now we love it! We even spent New Years Eve drinking champagne in there with friends. :lol:

Use a scumbug or a scumball for what the chemicals cannot get rid of