Vita Spa Vs Hs

woodyjr

Does anybody have an opinion on vitaspa? How about Marquis? Any insight... dealer or consumer... would be appreciated.

I'm a big fan of Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance, Caldera, D1. They make quality, well insulated spas and back them well. I really don't have too much knowledge ofVita so I'm really not knocking them. Wet test those you like and get a feel for how much you trust teh dealer will be there for you after the sale.

I'm a big fan of Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance, Caldera, D1. They make quality, well insulated spas and back them well. I really don't have too much knowledge ofVita so I'm really not knocking them. Wet test those you like and get a feel for how much you trust teh dealer will be there for you after the sale.

Have seen very few discussions re: vitaspa... that's what concerns me!! Did like the technology of the Marquis with the exception of the frog system.

Thanks for the info.

What did you not like about the Frog System? I ask because I am too considering a Marquis.

I don't know alot about it, however, it consists of 2 cartridges that must be replaced on a regular basis. Perhaps someone who has utilized this system could better elaborate.

I researched fairly well the spas availble in my area, including jacuzzi, HS, LA, Caldera, and VitaSpas.

I bought a VitaSpa (Nuage model) last April, I like it and no regrets.

That VitaSpas isn't as well known or as well advertized as others is merely an indication of their business practices and success, and says little (IMHO) of the quality or lack-of-quality of the product.

That said, the dealer you purchase a spa from is every bit as important as the spa manufacturer, perhaps more so.

We bought a Vita Cabaret in August, and we love it! We wanted a model large enough to accomodate guests. In theory, it holds 7 people, but that includes the cool-down seat. In practice, six people can sit in it comfortably without bumping each other in the foot well. Both my husband and I bicker over who gets the lounge seat. The wet test won us over, as it was much more comfortable than the Caldera we were comparing it to (although the Caldera did have some good features).

Our dealer has been very patient with answering our follow-up questions. We haven't needed any service, as we've had no problems with the spa. We still buy our chemicals from them (Leisure Time); the routine is simple and keeps our water nice & clean between changes. We just changed it for the first time last week...hard to believe we've had it for four months now. Overall, I would definitely recommend Vita. We got the lights and misters as options. Misters are great for keeping away bugs if your spa isn't in a screen room.

I researched fairly well the spas availble in my area, including jacuzzi, HS, LA, Caldera, and VitaSpas.

I bought a VitaSpa (Nuage model) last April, I like it and no regrets.

That VitaSpas isn't as well known or as well advertized as others is merely an indication of their business practices and success, and says little (IMHO) of the quality or lack-of-quality of the product.

That said, the dealer you purchase a spa from is every bit as important as the spa manufacturer, perhaps more so.

We wet-tested the Caberet and the Essence, however, prefer the features of the Nuage. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price range?

We bought a Vita Cabaret in August, and we love it! We wanted a model large enough to accomodate guests. In theory, it holds 7 people, but that includes the cool-down seat. In practice, six people can sit in it comfortably without bumping each other in the foot well. Both my husband and I bicker over who gets the lounge seat. The wet test won us over, as it was much more comfortable than the Caldera we were comparing it to (although the Caldera did have some good features).

Our dealer has been very patient with answering our follow-up questions. We haven't needed any service, as we've had no problems with the spa. We still buy our chemicals from them (Leisure Time); the routine is simple and keeps our water nice & clean between changes. We just changed it for the first time last week...hard to believe we've had it for four months now. Overall, I would definitely recommend Vita. We got the lights and misters as options. Misters are great for keeping away bugs if your spa isn't in a screen room.

We wet tested a Cabaret and really liked it. May be a bit larger than needed, however, price vs. features appears to be a great deal.

Thanks for the information.

Price of the Nuage?

Hoping I'm using 2005 prices rather than 2004 prices (I started looking in December 2004), I believe the base price of the Nuage ranged from $6,800 to $8,400 (quite a range, I thought).

I'll echo one item mentioned by spalover - GET THE LED LIGHT PACKAGE! Other than that, I don't know that I would personally recommend any upgrades.

Price of the Nuage?

Hoping I'm using 2005 prices rather than 2004 prices (I started looking in December 2004), I believe the base price of the Nuage ranged from $6,800 to $8,400 (quite a range, I thought).

I'll echo one item mentioned by spalover - GET THE LED LIGHT PACKAGE! Other than that, I don't know that I would personally recommend any upgrades.

That's sounds about right. I believe the Nuage we're looking at is "on sale" for around $6900 (w/o LED package).