Price Check: Jacuzzi J-335 And J-355

Hello eveyone!

My wife and I are getting ready to buy a new 4-6 person tub in San Antonio, Texas.

We been looking at the following: Cal Spa (Watsons), Sundance (local vendor) and now Jacuzzi (local vendor).

We havn't done a wet test yet, but plan on doing so shortly. In the meantime I was curious to get opinions on the tubs mentioned.

The price offered for the J-335 was $7,295 (minus $500) and $8,295 (minus $500) for the J-355 plus tax.

They are offering the following with purchase:

-cover lifter

-ozone system

-steps

-stater chemicals

-delivery and setup

I woudl still need to get an electrician to do the actual hookup.

Thoughts? There is also a Caldera dealer intown that I haven't checked out.

Thanks in advance

undecided

Yep, I am in the same boat in the bay area, CA. Prices here seem to be a hair higher but generally in line with yours

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5875

These are the prices I am seeing in these parts for the following:

Tiger River Caspian: $8000

Sundance Chelsee: $8000

Jacuzzi J345: $8200

Those are for delivered, not wired in, with cover & lifter, CD Ozone, Steps, and the usual pile of starter stuff like chems and rubber duckies and whatnot.

Since my J345 comes in at your J355 costs, seems like I am paying about, what, $400-500 more here in CA. So who knows :D

Thanks John.

Anybody else have an opinion on the spas I mentioned.

You looked at Jacuzzi, Sundance and Cal Spas and are considering visiting Caldera. I'm not as high on Cal Spas as the 3 others but they are all major spa makers and there is no one to point out as "best" among that group IMO. You need to find out which is best for you. Visit them all, get a feel for your trust in those dealers, see what you like, get pricing (in a toal package) then wet test and tell us which ones do well in your wet testing.

Well we wet tested the Jacuzzi and Sundance this weekend. I ended up putting a deposit on the Jacuzzi J-355 and have 20 days to back out. They didn't have the combo I like in stock so it would have to be ordered. The main reason for the deposit was b/c the sales rep told me it was the last day for their special. I hate falling for that, but I did. If I find out it wasn't then I will be pissed and will question their judgment.

We weren't able to wet test the J-355, but instead tested the J-335 and a 400 series. We liked the J-335, but we think we like the taller J-355 as well as getting a second diverter.

The next day we went to test the Sundance, but the biggest drawback was that most of their tubs do not have a cool off seat which is kind of a big deal for me. One thing we really liked was their pulsating jets.

After wet testing the Sundance, we swung by Watson's to look at the Cal Spas. We were running short on time so we weren't able to wet test them, but were able to ask more questions.

All three dealers seem like they will provide great customer service. I am a little concerned dealing with big dealers like Watson's though.

I think we are now more confused or concerned about dropping this amount of cash. The Cal Spa has the best price and the Jacuzzi and Sundance are about equal.

Here is a question...how many of you negotiated a better price? If so what did you get out of it? How did you go about doing it?

Once again, any feedback from prior experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Well we wet tested the Jacuzzi and Sundance this weekend. I ended up putting a deposit on the Jacuzzi J-355 and have 20 days to back out. They didn't have the combo I like in stock so it would have to be ordered. The main reason for the deposit was b/c the sales rep told me it was the last day for their special. I hate falling for that, but I did. If I find out it wasn't then I will be pissed and will question their judgment.

We weren't able to wet test the J-355, but instead tested the J-335 and a 400 series. We liked the J-335, but we think we like the taller J-355 as well as getting a second diverter.

The next day we went to test the Sundance, but the biggest drawback was that most of their tubs do not have a cool off seat which is kind of a big deal for me. One thing we really liked was their pulsating jets.

After wet testing the Sundance, we swung by Watson's to look at the Cal Spas. We were running short on time so we weren't able to wet test them, but were able to ask more questions.

All three dealers seem like they will provide great customer service. I am a little concerned dealing with big dealers like Watson's though.

I think we are now more confused or concerned about dropping this amount of cash. The Cal Spa has the best price and the Jacuzzi and Sundance are about equal.

Here is a question...how many of you negotiated a better price? If so what did you get out of it? How did you go about doing it?

Undecited

Witch Sundance did you test?? Thank you.

• 10 months later...

I am shopping for a hot tub in Portland Oregon. Got a price on a jacuzzi 345 today including cover lift, ozone, installation, startup kit. $7995.00

The 335 should be about the same price, right? I like its arrangement better than the 345 because it has a lounge.

I'm considering the dessert sand color for the shell. It is a dark color. Does anyone have a preference/opinion for lighter or darker colors for the shell?

The Cameo has a great cool off seat!