Spa Will Not Heat Over 99 Degrees

slipchuck

hello everyone.

I own a 2004 Nahanni spa by MAAX spas made in Ontario Canada.

I turned it off for a few hours to clean it, I refilled it and turned it on. everything works fine except it only heated to 99 degrees and that is as far as it will heat. I have it set for 104 degrees.

I get 3 small blinking lights in the display. I phoned the company and they are gone for holidays.

the weather up here was mild (36 degrees) so I decided it was the right day.

the owners manual says there is a problem (3 blinks lights)

they say

check and open all water valves- I never closed them

clean the filter or add water-both seem to be fine.

shut off the power and restart the spa to reset message system-I tried several times, didn't fix it.

anyone have any idea what is wrong? is it safe to run like this? (I kind of have to as the tub will freeze)

any ideas appeciated

thanks

save a child with cancer!

www.csolve.net/~randyroi

please help children like mine.

hello everyone.

I own a 2004 Nahanni spa by MAAX spas made in Ontario Canada.

I turned it off for a few hours to clean it, I refilled it and turned it on. everything works fine except it only heated to 99 degrees and that is as far as it will heat. I have it set for 104 degrees.

I get 3 small blinking lights in the display. I phoned the company and they are gone for holidays.

the weather up here was mild (36 degrees) so I decided it was the right day.

the owners manual says there is a problem (3 blinks lights)

they say

check and open all water valves- I never closed them

clean the filter or add water-both seem to be fine.

shut off the power and restart the spa to reset message system-I tried several times, didn't fix it.

anyone have any idea what is wrong? is it safe to run like this? (I kind of have to as the tub will freeze)

any ideas appeciated

thanks

save a child with cancer!

www.csolve.net/~randyroi

please help children like mine.

I am not a spa technician.

I am in HVAC and plumbing.

If you have 99, the heater is working. I am assuming all the pumps are working too.

My guess is that a sensor might be out of calibration. I have had thermostats off as much as 9 degrees. The heating element might be going you can test this to see.

I would use the spa until your dealer is back from holiday.

Your electronic controls are manufactured by Gecko. Three blinking lights is a error code, for a flow problem.

That is why the manual, stated to check the filters to see if they are clean, check all slice gate valves, to be sure they are open and turn off power and turn back on, to reset the system. Try removing your filter and pump so water down into the filter hole opening, to bleed or prime the circ pump on your Maax Spa. The little pump could be air bound, causing the "Flow Issue" three flashing dots. Three dots can also be a defective pressure switch, which is quite common, adefective circ pump or worse case scenerio, a bad board. If you are still experiencing three flashing dots after removing the filter and priming the circ pump, then call your dealer for service. Goodluck. Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Your electronic controls are manufactured by Gecko. Three blinking lights is a error code, for a flow problem.

That is why the manual, stated to check the filters to see if they are clean, check all slice gate valves, to be sure they are open and turn off power and turn back on, to reset the system. Try removing your filter and pump so water down into the filter hole opening, to bleed or prime the circ pump on your Maax Spa. The little pump could be air bound, causing the "Flow Issue" three flashing dots. Three dots can also be a defective pressure switch, which is quite common, adefective circ pump or worse case scenerio, a bad board. If you are still experiencing three flashing dots after removing the filter and priming the circ pump, then call your dealer for service. Goodluck. Dave.

the difference between 99-104 degrees is very noticeable so doesn't sound like a thermostat. Could be the circuitry coming from the panel or if it is in the tub than something electrical. Have you found out what it was?

the difference between 99-104 degrees is very noticeable so doesn't sound like a thermostat. Could be the circuitry coming from the panel or if it is in the tub than something electrical. Have you found out what it was?

Is the spa by chance set in an economy cycle as such it may just not have enough time to reach 104, I am not familiar with your spa or its controls but with Balboa this can happen as in economy the spa only heats when its filters.

Is the spa by chance set in an economy cycle as such it may just not have enough time to reach 104, I am not familiar with your spa or its controls but with Balboa this can happen as in economy the spa only heats when its filters.

set it on standard mode when heating

• 16 years later...