What Is A "cheapy" Hot Tub?

I think everybody needs to open their eyes, ears, mind and stop listening to sales hype, and take time to decide on any hot tub. A hot tub is not something that you are going to be able to get rid of real fast after you realize you made a mistake.

If you go shopping, make them show you the insides of the spa, and if it is full foam, you can't even see the parts. Look at the equipment, jets, seating. If you do you will agree that the Costco is better than some of the spas selling for high prices. In my opinion they are better than any of the Jacuzzi products or Watkins. Go look, be an informed consumer.

Jim, you're really loosing credibility by making such statements. Can't even see the parts in a Full Foam tub? That's flat out wrong.

[/quote

The plumbing parts are important for consumers to see. There are quality parts and quality plumbing pipes.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plumbing parts are important for consumers to see. There are quality parts and quality plumbing pipes.

So all knowing Jim, does the value type of tub (Costco) use the highest quality plumbing and parts out there?

Ahhhhhh never mind, you'll never answer, maybe some song and dance but not an answer.

[/quote

Full Foam can hide a myriad of short cuts. I have photos of the insides of some of them (very expensive cheaply made spas) before they are foamed and it is pretty "obvious" to me. :rolleyes:

Full Foam can hide a myriad of short cuts. I have photos of the insides of some of them (very expensive cheaply made spas) before they are foamed and it is pretty "obvious" to me. :rolleyes:

So......what was your answer again it wasn't quit clear to this idiot!!

So......what was your answer again it wasn't quit clear to this idiot!!

[/quote

How is it that something so obviouis as hiding cheap plumbing tricks inside foam is so difficult to understand. People often try to get away with things when they think they can. Hiding cheap parts and shortcuts in foam is an obvious way to make extra money and use the consumers' lack of hot tub knowledge against them in the market place.

How is it that something so obviouis as hiding cheap pluming tricks inside foam is so difficult to understand. People often try to get away with things when they think they can. Hiding cheap parts and shortcuts in foam is an obvious way to make extra money and use the consumers' lack of hot tub knowledge against them in the market place.

Sorry still not quite clear, was that a yes Costco uses top notch plumbing componants? Or was that no they use the less expensive PVC and flex componants?

Sorry still not quite clear, was that a yes Costco uses top notch plumbing componants? Or was that no they use the less expensive PVC and flex componants?

I stopped by and looked at the spa at Rona. It was a Hydrospa Mark 3 (Elite). It was not full foam at all, but I couldn't see the components because the thing was on its side with the equipment bay on the top. Insulation was skimpy - 1/8" of black foam rubber and 1/4" of poly bubble wrap. Will have another look, report in detail next week if the unit is still on display.

....One other thing. If the Costco hot tubs are as bad as some of you claim, then why aren't there any used ones for sale by people looking to dump them and trade up? There are a LOT of used hot tubs for sale on Craig's list from all of the major manufacturer's but I didn't see a single listing for a Costco PE1 or PE2. I can see why there wouldn't be any of the new Costco Legend Elite models up for sale used but if the PE1 or PE2 were really dogs, I'd think there would be at least a couple up for sale somewhere by trade-uppers since Costco has to have sold thousands of them.

Do you just make stuff up as you go along? Last week it was Cosco tubs are comperarble to $12000 spas and Costco routinely sells products for 70% off.

Please. Stop it.

GOOGLE "CRAIGSLIST COSTCO HOT TUB"

Whaddya get? :lol:

I'm sure if you were to go withCRAIGLIST PEI or other combinations you would find even more.

But what's REALLY strange is isn't the whole Costco thing about being able to return it? No? SO why would you see them being sold when they

can be returned? Wny am I finding so many on Craiglist and being sold when they should be going back ?

Here's the real truth:

Most cheap tubs end up being hauled to the dump. Not sold, as they are not usually worth the money to install them.

"GOOGLE "CRAIGSLIST COSTCO HOT TUB"

Whaddya get? :lol: "

I got 35,900 results. I especially like the 4th one;

"Need to return a hot tob to Costco where I bought it and I need someone with a flat bed trailer and some big strong guys! Will pay $200. Please e-mail me if you can help me with this."

quote name='Trigger' date='Jun 6 2007, 08:16 AM' post='27985'

Do you just make stuff up as you go along? Last week it was Cosco tubs are comperarble to $12000 spas and Costco routinely sells products for 70% off.

Please. Stop it.

GOOGLE "CRAIGSLIST COSTCO HOT TUB"

Whaddya get? :lol:

I'm sure if you were to go withCRAIGLIST PEI or other combinations you would find even more.

But what's REALLY strange is isn't the whole Costco thing about being able to return it? No? SO why would you see them being sold when they

can be returned? Wny am I finding so many on Craiglist and being sold when they should be going back ?

Here's the real truth:

Most cheap tubs end up being hauled to the dump. Not sold, as they are not usually worth the money to install them.

I just did your google and there were no Costco PE1 or PE2 tubs for sale. Not one. Costco has been selling hot tubs for many years but the PE1 and PE2 didn't come along until a couple of years ago. Why don't you post the link to a PE1 or PE2 that's offered for sale on craig's list rather than telling me I make stuff up? Also, you are making up more stuff when you claim that I said the costco tub was comparable to a 12k tub. What I said was that the costco tub was comparable to a 8 to 10k tub at a dealer.

I also remember the hot tub dealer who either posted here or over at WTBHT who reported seeing great succcess with his promotion of

"Free! Return Service to Costco when you Puruchase a new qualitry spa from us"

He would pick up and deliver the costco spa and return it to costco free :lol:

[

Unfortunately though for him it was probably a wasted promotional add as no one took him up on it!

Please show some craiglist adds reguarding the platinum 1 or 2.

quote name='Trigger' date='Jun 6 2007, 08:50 AM' post='27989']

I also remember the hot tub dealer who either posted here or over at WTBHT who reported seeing great succcess with his promotion of

So Trigger, how are you connected to the hot tub business? Are you a hot tub salesman or dealer?