Spa Prices Any Good?

hoopy

Just when I thought I had my choices down to two brands (Hot Springs or Marquis), I found that there is a D1 dealer in my area. So now I have to reevaluate my choices again. Here is what I was quoted: The Aurora 2 from D1 for $6500, including delivery, setup, chemicals and steps (The guy also said he would throw in the multi-colored LED light.) Any comments on the Aurora 2? How does it compare with the HS Soveriegn, and the Marquis Quest? Thanks.

Just when I thought I had my choices down to two brands (Hot Springs or Marquis), I found that there is a D1 dealer in my area. So now I have to reevaluate my choices again. Here is what I was quoted: The Aurora 2 from D1 for $6500, including delivery, setup, chemicals and steps (The guy also said he would throw in the multi-colored LED light.) Any comments on the Aurora 2? How does it compare with the HS Soveriegn, and the Marquis Quest? Thanks.

At this point, if you're comfortable with all three dealers, let the wet test be the deciding factor. I think the three brands are all in the same ballpark as far as quality is concerned. Pick the one that feels best to YOU.

Good luck!

I guess the reason I posted this was to get feedback on D1 and especially, the Aurora 2. Any D1 owners out there that can comment on D1 in general or specifically on the Aurora 2? I also looked at the Californian, but it was out of my budget. It was quoted at about $9000.

D1 is not a bad tub either, as stated in the same quality park as HS and Marquis. Auroura 2..... 2-two speed pumps, good, circ. pump, quiet. Neat looking tubs. Lounger......personal preferance, cuts into the leg room a bit and takes up seating for 3. Five plus adults....I'm here to tell ya 3 will be super comfy, 4 won't be bad but any more will be a stretch but not impossible. I love my lounger but will not have one in my next tub. I like to entertain and it gets in the way. I can lounge in 3 of the other seats. Without it 5 would be comfortable.

But a wet test should tell you what you like. Make sure you note the knee room in that foot well and imagine 3 or more sets of legs in there. Just some random thoughts.

I love the looks of tile in a tub.

Sorry never owned one but have soaked in one and know a dealer. He's a good guy.

Quick question about the UltraLife shell. It looks and feels a lot different than the acrylic that is used in both HS and Marquis. Is the UltraLife shell better or worse than the acrylic shells or is it just personal preference? Also which of the above shells would look better with the multicolor led in it?

Quick question about the UltraLife shell. It looks and feels a lot different than the acrylic that is used in both HS and Marquis. Is the UltraLife shell better or worse than the acrylic shells or is it just personal preference? Also which of the above shells would look better with the multicolor led in it?

I at first though that shell material was kinda funky as it seemed to flex alot when you got in the tub dry. But after seeing it full and looking at D1's track record it seems to be fine as an option to fiberglass backed acrylic. They back it with a good warranty so no worries.

Lighter colors in shell material look better with lights, but they get dirty faster. I am a neutral kinda guy I would get the Granitex Sand shell with the Mayan brown cabinet and teal or ocean tiles. I like the Nautilis better though. That would truely hold 5 people maybe even 6. Sorry couldn't help it. How many of the colors does the dealer have in the showroom. Check them out there. Besides your wife is going to have to make that decision anyway!!!!!!

My dealer told me that the only color that the UltraLife comes in is white and this is the only one with the lifetime warrenty. All the other colors only carry a 7 year warrenty. Make any sense? BTW, is the Nautilis a very high end (very expensive) model?

It has a good warranty but there is some fine print to that "lifetime" warranty. After year 7 you are subject to paying the cost to ship the spa to D1 for them to repair it in house and you also pay for the return shipment. In other words it's a full 7 year warranty and then a limited warranty after that. After 7 years some may decide it's not worth the cost of paying to send it out and get it back if the spa is older. A good warranty it is but the"Lifetime" term should be used loosely.

Yes, you are right. I checked D1's website and read the fine print. I am just curious as to other opinions of the UltraLife shell compared to the various acrylic shells made by HS and Marquis.

There's a percentage of shell failures out there but I bet it is not widly known, reason, because it is a very low number. This is just not a failure area in just about any brand of HT. Electronics, heaters, pumps, motors, and plumbing is where your failures are. Not in structure or shell, hence the long warranty's.

I would treat the ultralife shell as a sale's pitch. A non issue. If it cost's more don't get it.

There's a percentage of shell failures out there but I bet it is not widly known, reason, because it is a very low number. This is just not a failure area in just about any brand of HT. Electronics, heaters, pumps, motors, and plumbing is where your failures are. Not in structure or shell, hence the long warranty's.

I would treat the ultralife shell as a sale's pitch. A non issue. If it cost's more don't get it.

Bullseye, give that man a prize.

My local dealer of D1 said that D1 is actually above HS and Marquis as far as quality and innovation go.

... and if you talk to the other dealers they'll say the same thing except the names of who is most innovative and who is behind whom gets switched around a bit. Skip all the sales rhetoric, wet test the spas, get a feel for your trust in the dealer and make a choice but in each case the spa should be a quality product.

What do you guys think of the neckflex jets? Those seem pretty cool. How do they feel? Work? My local dealer of D1 said that D1 is actually above HS and Marquis as far as quality and innovation go. Sales pitch? Lie? Truth? Thanks.

If I sold D1 it of course would be better than all the rest. They have some inovative stuff but all do. You need to talk to my buddy Phil who sells D1 here (well kinda close anyway) He will give you a no BS evaluation of D1 he has sold several brands. I looked at that adjustable pillow on one of his spa's and found it unique and usable. I wondered about the longevity of the flex hose, but was reasured. But I still wonder. Look at it.

I just placed an order on Friday for a Hotsprings Grandee (2005 1/2 Model Coastal Gray w/ Pearl).

Here is how I optioned it out.

Custom Cover (folds Front to back $50 Extra)

CoverCradleII

Navigator Remote Control

SpaAudio

HS Everwood Matching Step

Ozonidator

Set of 6 Customer Lites

Full Delivery and Setup, Including Chemicals.

Price before taz was $9185.

From what I can tell, this isn't a bad price, just wondering what other deals folks have gotten.

What do you guys think of the neckflex jets? Those seem pretty cool. How do they feel? Work? My local dealer of D1 said that D1 is actually above HS and Marquis as far as quality and innovation go. Sales pitch? Lie? Truth? Thanks.

D-1 is good a product and does some things very well as does Marquis and Hot Springs. I think D-1 and Marquis are more like each other. ALL of the major brands will offer certain things the others will not but by and large will be very competitive with each other. Your D-1 dealer is over stating things with his comment. In complete and as a TOTAL spa, I think Marquis comes out on top but all of the majors are very good, you need to find the one thats right for you.

Your D-1 dealer is over stating things with his comment. In complete and as a TOTAL spa, I think Marquis comes out on top but all of the majors are very good, you need to find the one thats right for you.

I think you're saying about the same thing as the D1 dealer about his brand but that's not so unusual. You have to expect everyone has their own favorites. The reality is they're both very good as is the Hot Springs.

I think you're saying about the same thing as the D1 dealer about his brand but that's not so unusual. You have to expect everyone has their own favorites. The reality is they're both very good as is the Hot Springs.

I agree with you. I made my comment with the intent to show my bias, meaning anyone could make such a statement but I also mention all are very good and to find which one is best for YOU/them. ;). I think you short changed me just a bit by not completing my post in full. But no worries.

• 1 month later...
:rolleyes: Hoopy, I too, was a little concerned about the neck flex jets on the D1's until I took the wet test. Adjustable neck jets and pillows make a world of difference to individual users. It's like,"have it your way" therapy for the neck and shoulders. My Diplomat has two adj. neck jet pillows and the therapy total therapy seat is the best seat I have ever sat in, in any spa. :) Not that I hog it, far from it. You have to kick me out of the lounger. LOL :D I can't say enough about the D1 Diplomat. It's up to you to decide. :unsure:

D-1 is good a product and does some things very well as does Marquis and Hot Springs. I think D-1 and Marquis are more like each other. ALL of the major brands will offer certain things the others will not but by and large will be very competitive with each other. Your D-1 dealer is over stating things with his comment. In complete and as a TOTAL spa, I think Marquis comes out on top but all of the majors are very good, you need to find the one thats right for you.

I always thought D1 and Master spas are similar. Does D1 have the components outside of the tub under a cover like box???

D1 like Master? I don't see that at all. Did you mean yo think D1 is like Marquis?

Yes D1 like Master. Master claims to have 100 jets but one of the jets has a 14 spray nozzle and D1 has somthing similar right? Also is D1 the tub with the components outside of the tub in a box.?

Yes D1 like Master. Master claims to have 100 jets but one of the jets has a 14 spray nozzle and D1 has somthing similar right? Also is D1 the tub with the components outside of the tub in a box.?

Ok, maybe they have a jet that is similar (lots of that in this industry) but overall I'd hardly compare D1 and Master (not a knock on either, just my perception). BTW, D1 does not have the equipment on the outside. The only one that does to my knowledge is Bechcomber.

Ok, maybe they have a jet that is similar (lots of that in this industry) but overall I'd hardly compare D1 and Master (not a knock on either, just my perception). BTW, D1 does not have the equipment on the outside. The only one that does to my knowledge is Bechcomber.

Your right D1 doesn't, its Master spa that does. I cant compare D1 and Master, only Master and bechcomber in a way and D1 and beachcomber, not D1 and master.