Looking For New Spa

geotlyrae

My question is.. Only 2 dealers (LA spas and Vita) are about 45 minutes from my house. We're looking at Hotspring and Jacuzzi which are 2 hours away. Both have said they will charge a fee (apprx $75) to come out. Is it worth to look at these dealers?? From what I have read, Guzz would charge $300, which I can see his point, but, if I buy it, I would ask in writing for the quotes. My wife seems to like the Jacuzzi J-325, so we'll be wet testing that one.

My question is.. Only 2 dealers (LA spas and Vita) are about 45 minutes from my house. We're looking at Hotspring and Jacuzzi which are 2 hours away. Both have said they will charge a fee (apprx $75) to come out. Is it worth to look at these dealers?? From what I have read, Guzz would charge $300, which I can see his point, but, if I buy it, I would ask in writing for the quotes. My wife seems to like the Jacuzzi J-325, so we'll be wet testing that one.

$75 for a 4 hour round trip is a very good offer, but is that just for the initial delivery, if that includes service calls for the next five years, get it in writing.

I would go check so I could at least say I looked at all my options. They may blow you away as the spa you want or they may reaffirm your desire to stay close to home. Get the trip charge in writing BTW.

The two nearby dealers are LA spas and Vita. We were not satisfied with any of their spas. Like I said, Cal and Jacuzzi seem to have a line more towards our liking. The two models seem to be identical with the Cal having an extra jet. I like to know, if anybody detects any major difference between these two models. (Jacuzzi J-325 and Cal J502). Thanks.

Just put a small deposit on a CAL spa model J502. It seems to be exactly like the Jacuzzi J-325. Can anyone tell me if there's any significant difference"?? I can still back off the contract, but it was on the floor, and available immediately. Thanks...

Cal basically copies spas from Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, etc. with the idea that they'll sell the same thing cheaper. However, I wouldn't necessarily call it the same thing just because they've made it look so. I'm not a beleiver in Cal Spas quality either so make sure you're really comfortable with the dealer if you are going that route.

• 2 months later...

WARNING BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING A SPA FROM WEST CHESTER SPAS IN WEST CHESTER PA.

We placed a deposit of $4200.00 on an LSX1050 Master Spa at a spa show at the Valley Forge Convention Center held by West Chester Spas. This was a new 2006 model with no extras added just the base unit new from the factory. The salesperson explained the many jets and features of the unit including the shoulder jet seats. It seamed like the perfect spa for us being we both have issues with our shoulder muscles since being involved in a serious auto accident several months ago. Although the salesman never asked us to get into the unit to see if we were comfortable in the shoulder jet seats, he did say that there was a male and a female sized shoulder jet seat, so we figured they should be fine.

1 week later at a home show we saw another dealer of the same products and decided to see if the prices were similar between dealers (this dealer was over 50 miles away from our home). After some brief conversation the first thing this sales rep asked us to do was to sit in the different spas to see how nice they felt and fit. We realized the shoulder jets of the LSX1050 on the male seat did not fit my shoulders as my shoulders would only fit if I slid my butt all they way out to the edge of the seat. I am 6’ 220 but a long upper torso. We did get a price from this dealer on the LSX1050 and found the price very close to one we already had.

I contacted West Chester Spas and asked to take a wet test of the unit I placed a deposit on to make sure it was the same wet as dry. The next day I did so and found that I did not fit under the shoulder jets. The following day I contacted the owner Larry Granger and told him the problem.

He is where the problem starts. I was told he would not refund my whole deposit. He said he had already paid a $1600.00 commission on the sale and I had to take a store credit for that amount. If I agreed to take a store credit for the $1600.00 then he would credit my credit card for the balance of the $4200.00 deposit. If I did not agree, he would not credit my credit card for anything and I would be on my own to the fight to get my deposit back.

I can’t believe that the owner would not be able to recover a sales commission from his employee since the spa was never delivered. I also can’t believe that he would offer a $1600.00 store credit if he could not recover the sales commission. If my math is correct this would cost him the $1600.00 commission plus the value of the goods I purchased unless he would be able to recover the sales commission but just didn’t want to lose a sale. If this all seams strange to you, it certainly is confusing to the credit card company that I am disputing the charge with. Do you think this is someone who is interested in customer satisfaction or just his bottom line, you decide!

The two nearby dealers are LA spas and Vita. We were not satisfied with any of their spas. Like I said, Cal and Jacuzzi seem to have a line more towards our liking. The two models seem to be identical with the Cal having an extra jet. I like to know, if anybody detects any major difference between these two models. (Jacuzzi J-325 and Cal J502). Thanks.

I know this was several months ago. Did you check out the Jacuzzi at the dealer and get the explanation of the differences? 2 spas may look alike, but that doesn't mean they are comparable.

I know this was several months ago. Did you check out the Jacuzzi at the dealer and get the explanation of the differences? 2 spas may look alike, but that doesn't mean they are comparable.

What needs to be compared, I have every comparrison in my head or on paper.

WARNING BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING A SPA FROM WEST CHESTER SPAS IN WEST CHESTER PA.

We placed a deposit of $4200.00 on an LSX1050 Master Spa at a spa show at the Valley Forge Convention Center held by West Chester Spas. This was a new 2006 model with no extras added just the base unit new from the factory. The salesperson explained the many jets and features of the unit including the shoulder jet seats. It seamed like the perfect spa for us being we both have issues with our shoulder muscles since being involved in a serious auto accident several months ago. Although the salesman never asked us to get into the unit to see if we were comfortable in the shoulder jet seats, he did say that there was a male and a female sized shoulder jet seat, so we figured they should be fine.

1 week later at a home show we saw another dealer of the same products and decided to see if the prices were similar between dealers (this dealer was over 50 miles away from our home). After some brief conversation the first thing this sales rep asked us to do was to sit in the different spas to see how nice they felt and fit. We realized the shoulder jets of the LSX1050 on the male seat did not fit my shoulders as my shoulders would only fit if I slid my butt all they way out to the edge of the seat. I am 6’ 220 but a long upper torso. We did get a price from this dealer on the LSX1050 and found the price very close to one we already had.

I contacted West Chester Spas and asked to take a wet test of the unit I placed a deposit on to make sure it was the same wet as dry. The next day I did so and found that I did not fit under the shoulder jets. The following day I contacted the owner Larry Granger and told him the problem.

He is where the problem starts. I was told he would not refund my whole deposit. He said he had already paid a $1600.00 commission on the sale and I had to take a store credit for that amount. If I agreed to take a store credit for the $1600.00 then he would credit my credit card for the balance of the $4200.00 deposit. If I did not agree, he would not credit my credit card for anything and I would be on my own to the fight to get my deposit back.

I can’t believe that the owner would not be able to recover a sales commission from his employee since the spa was never delivered. I also can’t believe that he would offer a $1600.00 store credit if he could not recover the sales commission. If my math is correct this would cost him the $1600.00 commission plus the value of the goods I purchased unless he would be able to recover the sales commission but just didn’t want to lose a sale. If this all seams strange to you, it certainly is confusing to the credit card company that I am disputing the charge with. Do you think this is someone who is interested in customer satisfaction or just his bottom line, you decide!

Soreback purchased a spa from us at a spa show and he subsequently decided that he did not want to follow through with his purchase and he wanted his deposit back. The request to have his deposit refunded was made over a week after he purchased his spa. The front of contract above the sale total clearly states that “All Sales are Final – No Returns – Deposits are Not Refundable”. The back of the contract restates this. Soreback did not come into the store for over a week to wet test his spa and when he did he said nothing to the sales person about the spa not fitting him. It was after this wet test that he called to cancel, well after the 3 days that Pennsylvania allows by law to void a contract.

At the show we used independent sales contractors and as a part of their contract they are to be paid their commissions in full at the completion of the show on all sales that do not have contingencies written on the contract. Had Soreback said that he wanted to wet test the spa first we would have written this contingency on his contract and his deposit would have been refunded in full after his wet test when he decided that he didn’t like the spa.

We offered to refund his deposit, less commissions already paid, in the form of a store credit. Soreback declined this offer. We are trying to resolve this issue in a way that is fair to all parties.

Soreback has filed a claim with the BBB and we are working with BBB to resolve this claim. Should the BBB find that Soreback should receive his deposit back in full we will abide by that decision. Soreback paid his deposit with a credit card and he is disputing this charge, should the credit card company find that we are in the wrong we will refund his deposit.

Soreback purchased a spa from us at a spa show and he subsequently decided that he did not want to follow through with his purchase and he wanted his deposit back. The request to have his deposit refunded was made over a week after he purchased his spa. The front of contract above the sale total clearly states that “All Sales are Final – No Returns – Deposits are Not Refundable”. The back of the contract restates this. Soreback did not come into the store for over a week to wet test his spa and when he did he said nothing to the sales person about the spa not fitting him. It was after this wet test that he called to cancel, well after the 3 days that Pennsylvania allows by law to void a contract.

At the show we used independent sales contractors and as a part of their contract they are to be paid their commissions in full at the completion of the show on all sales that do not have contingencies written on the contract. Had Soreback said that he wanted to wet test the spa first we would have written this contingency on his contract and his deposit would have been refunded in full after his wet test when he decided that he didn’t like the spa.

We offered to refund his deposit, less commissions already paid, in the form of a store credit. Soreback declined this offer. We are trying to resolve this issue in a way that is fair to all parties.

Larry, IMO how you pay out comission to your contractors should not be Soreback's problem. If you want to keep good customer relations and a good reputation you should not try to force people to buy something they do not want. I know when we purchased our HS spa (put deposit down) we were told that any time prior to delivery we could pull out for a full refund, for any reason. From what I read from Soreback and your response I feel you are in the wrong..... FWIW

Larry, IMO how you pay out comission to your contractors should not be Soreback's problem. If you want to keep good customer relations and a good reputation you should not try to force people to buy something they do not want. I know when we purchased our HS spa (put deposit down) we were told that any time prior to delivery we could pull out for a full refund, for any reason. From what I read from Soreback and your response I feel you are in the wrong..... FWIW

I feel they are both in the wrong. Soreback should of read the fine print and Larry should of made it clearer.

How do we know how wrong either of them is without having been there or seen the paperwork?

I am going by both sides of the equation expressed here in the forum. I've seen both of them get there point across and I see as it being both in the wrong, however it would be nice of Larry to be genuine so he wouldn't lose a reputation over 1200 dollars at the same time Soreback should of read "NON REFUNDABLE" on the contract. Both are wrong