virgin spa buyer

Guest aran

I'm new to the spa world and am looking to purchase a hot tub for my house in South Lake Tahoe. Looking to seat about 6 people. Want best bang for my buck with good energy efficiency! Any advice would be much appriciated

Guest drprwnap

Check out all the major brands: Marquis, HS, Sundance, Jacuzzi, ect. The BEST forum availabe is www.whatsthebesthot-tub.com. GREAT advise there. Also, be sure to WET TEST. You shouldn't buy a spa without testing it with water in it. That way, you'll know if you float out of the seats or not. In some models you will, in others, you won't. The only way to find out is to wet test. Take your time. Don't get pressured into a sale. It took me about 6 months to finally decide.

Good luck

Guest spatech (the unreal one)

Aran,

If you go to the websites of some of the major spa brands, you will find a dealer finder where you can enter your zip code and find out who is local. I'd suggest you look at makers like Sundance, Hot Spring, Marquis, Caldera, Artesian, D1, etc. Visit them all, wet test, ask lots of questions, find out who services them, etc.

Aran-

Have you looked at Arctic Spas or Coyote Spas? They are built for the Tahoe climate. They are energy efficient, and the dealer is located close to the Tahoe Keys.

How did you like the 22 feet of snow you had last winter?

Thanks,

Michael

Aran,

I would like to invite you to take a look at Beachcomber Hot Tubs. Our dealer for the Tahoe area Wright Outdoor Center in Sparks.

We were originally designed and built in Canada for the Canadian winters so when it comes to efficiency and quality for a harsh environment like Tahoe, you can't beat us.

Take a look and I beleive that it will be exactly what your looking for. I am personally from Northern Ca, and know tahoe well, so I know what your looking for. I actually have a place in Big Bear California, not as great as Tahoe, built still a pretty harsh environment and my beachcomber has performed with out fail.