Circulation pump tripping breaker

Hey guys so I replaced the wet end on my circulation pump today. I have done it on other pumps in the past but today I guess I didnt tighten the impeller tight enough and water started to come out the shaft side. Well I guess in the panic to stop it and un screwing the pipes I must have gotten the pump wet because now when I flip the breaker on it trips. If I unplug the pump from the control box and flip the breaker it stays on. Did completely mess up the pump or does it just need to dry out? 

I have an above ground pool and a couple of times torrential rain storms (yes, Arizona) have gotten the pump motor wet and the GFCI breaker kept tripping.  I let it dry out for a couple of days and then it worked fine.

I have made a little cover/table to shield the pump from the rain (I call it my "pool table" as a joke) and have elevated the slab (for pump and filter) a little to try to prevent such damage.

So I'd rig up an electric fan to blow air over your pump for a couple of days, then try it.

11 minutes ago, Cusser said:

I have an above ground pool and a couple of times torrential rain storms (yes, Arizona) have gotten the pump motor wet and the GFCI breaker kept tripping.  I let it dry out for a couple of days and then it worked fine.

I have made a little cover/table to shield the pump from the rain (I call it my "pool table" as a joke) and have elevated the slab (for pump and filter) a little to try to prevent such damage.

So I'd rig up an electric fan to blow air over your pump for a couple of days, then try it.

It’s got a cover usually this was error on my part this time but I’m hopeful now that you’ve said you had it happen. It’s gonna be warm the next couple of day so I’ll let the sun dry it out