2004 Sundance Altamar 850- Jet back removal help needed

valvashon

I use an oil filter wrench if I can get at it or a flat screw driver and tap it loose. I don't cut any lines and once the big nut is backed off push the jet forward and clean away the old o-ring from inside the bather area and then the o-ring and any silicone from the inside. Run new silicone on the bather side and also around the big nut on the inside and tighten everything back up.  

image.jpeg.34aae9faaa9989a0a71b752b2dfe20f0.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Used a chain wrench (the cheap one on eBay with the green handle) to finally get the large nut off.  The chain itself is sort of too big to fit around there nicely but I was able to make it work.  This particular chain wrench has chain the size of motorcycle chain back when that was a thing but I really wanted a chain wrench with bicycle sized chain.  If anybody knows of a chain wrench with smaller chain share it here.  This did work really well to turn this big nut.

And the gasket is still available!  Sundance part number 6541-078.  All of $5!  I will make a separate post if/when I get it back together and have it not leak!