Clearing Orange Water

Matt N

Hey all - I just wanted to let anyone that needs to rectify an "Orange Water" problem. Years ago, I opened our 'above-ground' pool and immediately added chlorine. To my horror, the water turned Orange(ish)- Red. It turns out that chlorine reacted with my well-water which has a lot of Iron in it. Apparently, the chlorine reacts with the iron and oxidizes. I found a solution to the problem then. I had to recirculate my water through a 'home-made' filter filled with floss (like in a pillow)- which worked!

So now, I just had the same problem when I opened our little blow-up spa. I took the cloth filters out and stuffed floss into the filter housing. This is working as well. I'll replace the cloth filters when the process is complete. I will post pictures of the process so you can better understand. anyway, I hope this helps someone out there with the same issue.

spa floss1.jpg

orange spa.jpg

spa floss 2.jpg

Edited by Matt N
mis-spelling