Balancing well water

Tom Fitz

pH decreaser or minus are dry acid so that will work...easier to deal with than the liquid stuff. Does your tub have air injectors with the massage jets?  If so that is all you need.  It is just to breakup the surface to permit exchange of gasses.

PS...I also fill from a well but my well water is low in TA, pH and CH...need to increase all when I fill. 

I have 2 air knobs 1 for each 1/2 of the tub that inject air thru the jets. My local spy store is telling me to up the pH high and then use pH drop. To drop both of them because they said the PH increaser will not raise the alkalinity as much as the pH, but they will drop the same together. Does that make any sense?

Yes, that is the same setup as mine.  To aerate just run your jets on high with those air knobs fully open.

I think your local guy is going to send you off on the pH and TA roller coaster.  I would follow the direction in the sticky if I were in your situation.